Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADV Films Status?

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    ADV still exists on paper, I believe, but the brand has been retired, other than the Elfen Lied DVD/Blu-ray reissue, which was an ADV release, I believe for legal reasons.

Maybe Geneon USA will also come back from the dead!
    There's also the late 2012 re-release of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie S1-S2 as well (Which BTW is unfortunately in a stackpak....).
    Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

And 2011 re-release of Kino's Journey.

And a re-release of Gunsmith Cats, Plastic Little, Shadow Skill, Rune Soldier, or Ninja Resurrection would be nice.
      Last edited by AgentX; 02-23-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
        If Geneon USA were to come back, then it would function as something similar to Aniplex of America and Pony Canyon USA, though it's up to NBCUnivseral Entertainment Japan to decide whether or not to restablish North American operations.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
          There's also the late 2012 re-release of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie S1-S2 as well (Which BTW is unfortunately in a stackpak....).
          I think there may be some titles that have to be released under ADV for some reason. Also, I believe Elfen Lied is the only Blu-ray with the ADV brand.

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank
          Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13
          If Geneon USA were to come back, then it would function as something similar to Aniplex of America and Pony Canyon USA, though it's up to NBCUnivseral Entertainment Japan to decide whether or not to restablish North American operations.
          I was being sarcastic, but I guess anything is possible...
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
            Anyone else getting a blank screen at http://www.advfilms.com/?
            I was last night when I first checked this thread out.

Comment

Interesting to see this change on the main page. Whether it means anything is a wait and see. Until something happens (if at all) ADV Films remains in name only (yes on home video but not on home video licensing).

Comment

Hold the phone! Now I'm really doubting they somehow, "revive." Themselves. Sure I'd love to be proven wrong, but my questions are on the whole Funi/ADV lawsuit. Did'nt Funimation get some money out of the 5-6 companies to settle a deal that they would'nt try to bring the case all the way to court? If so, then a revive would'nt even make sense depending on how much Funi got from them all. With this mystery happening, TAN jumping on Roku, AND a deal to license Knights of Sidonia. A Netflix streamed show. Could these three have a connection?

OR! It is over a month away before april fools day........ Early joke? lol

Oh, and to Kutholoo Frieza whatever tha commented on me for Funi dubs. Laugh while you can, cause I'm asking question on topics I don't actually understand XD

Comment

Originally posted by bs3311 View Post
                  Did'nt Funimation get some money out of the 5-6 companies to settle a deal that they would'nt try to bring the case all the way to court?
                  Pretty sure the terms of the settlement are secret. They could be anywhere from Funimation getting what they originally sued for (several millions iirc) to them just dropping the case because they were about to lose it in court anyway.

With this mystery happening, TAN jumping on Roku, AND a deal to license Knights of Sidonia. A Netflix streamed show. Could these three have a connection?
                  You forgot Sentai now doing LEs in general, Sentai no longer having the TAN trailer on their discs (as of this year), and Maiden Japan doing releases again after months of inactivity.

If ADV suddenly resurfaced, then what would happen with Sentai? They would get bitten by the dust of nostalgic fans eating this up.
                  What does that even mean?

Comment

Apreciate the answer. But if Funi actually got some cash, it kinda wasn't noticeable unless they spent it all on the winter season lol.

TAN trailer gone? Hope that means either an HD of the same one with Andrew Love being awesome again! Or there revamping. With ADV being name only, do they not have their old building? Where does TAN work? I miss Cody's wisdom XD. I'm leading this to speculate there is an expansion coming if the old building is bought back. IF it needed.

Originally posted by progress View Post
                    What does that even mean?
                    Maybe there are some ADV fans that really hate Sentai or something and just wanna buy stuff with the ADV logo again. Like how people only wanted toonami back too support it due to potty pant nostalgia.

Comment

With ADV being name only, do they not have their old building? Where does TAN work? I miss Cody's wisdom XD. I'm leading this to speculate there is an expansion coming if the old building is bought back. IF it needed.
                      Sentai's (and TAN, AEsir Media, and Section 23, etc.) are all headquartered in Houston, Texas, just like ADV. To be exact, their address (they all share the same headquarters despite being companies independent of each other) is : 5373 West Alabama St. Suite 640 Houston, Texas 77056

Comment

Apreciate the answer. But if Funi actually got some cash, it kinda wasn't noticeable unless they spent it all on the winter season lol.
                        You mean you didn't notice Space Dandy being simul-dubbed and airing on Toonami?
                        Or their recent endeavor of Broadcast dubbed shows?
                        Or their Aniplex license of Black Butler: Book of Circus & Book of Murder?

They've been spending huge amounts of cash since it came to light that the case was settled and dismissed, beyond and before the Winter license landslide.

My AP Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                          I find it odd that this page is still up, albeit with only with some sort of changing counter. Anyway, there are quite a number of titles that were a part of ADV that I am hoping gets rescued someday like Angelic Layer, Azumanga Daioh, and Rahxephon.
                          Those three really deserve to be license rescued. Daioh is definitely one of the best of the slice of life comedies out there, Rahxephon is right up there with Eva in terms of quality and importance and Angelic Layer was one of the most addictive little series I ever watched.

J. A.
                          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                          Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                          Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                          Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by The Coffee God View Post

You mean you didn't notice Space Dandy being simul-dubbed and airing on Toonami?
                            Yes, but that is one title that was overhyped because Shinichiro and Yoko were on the box. They definitely got the costs back without having to beg from Conglomerate. Leading to simuldubs.

Or their recent endeavor of Broadcast dubbed shows?
                            Started from dubbing 2 to 10 titles. That sounds big, but there just paying to dub 1 episode with multiple projects per week. And rushed at that. I just feel there just biting more than they could chew since supposedly AOT didn't make close to the amount they wanted when they invested 70% of around their bi/trip monthly profits to push it out. 1 title! So there jumping on streaming.

Or their Aniplex license of Black Butler: Book of Circus & Book of Murder?
                            A title that has nowhere close to the money making flare as Gurren, SAO, Fate, and Kill la Kill. Plus Aniplex would have to deal with fangirls if funi didnt tale it.

They've been spending huge amounts of cash since it came to light that the case was settled and dismissed, beyond and before the Winter license landslide.
                            Same with the Sentai Voltron. Experimenting with LE's and seperate releases with different formats with Section 23 upgrading their manufacturering. TAN jumping to Roku. People at Seraphim moving to different studio buildings. And now this clue. Reworking costs alot too.

Comment

People at Seraphim moving to different studio buildings.
                              When did people at Seraphim Digital start moving over to different buildings

Comment

...since supposedly AOT didn't make close to the amount they wanted when they invested 70% of around their bi/trip monthly profits to push it out.
                                Source?
                                "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                                -My Collection
                                --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X