Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] ADV Films Status?

Widgets Magazine
    Back on September 1st, 2009, ADV posted their final notice concerning their operations and then that was it for company. I accidently clicked an ADV Films link and as opposed to be taken to the final PR release, I noticed that ADV Films site is online with some sort of counter - http://www.advfilms.com. I was skimming around and didn't see any posts here in the forum, main site, or other sites about this. Is this some sort of sign that ADV Films will be making some sort of return? If I missed the news piece, my apologies then for a duplicate thread.

EDIT:

Incase it were to vanish by some chance - screen cap.

EDIT 2:

Sending a test message to an old ADV address, it bounced but the headers show the bounceback came from origin111.aesir-media.com. I gues Aesir owns the label and might be using it soon?
    Last edited by JimmyG; 02-23-2015, 02:20 AM.

Re: ADV Films Status?

I asked in the News thread, but what titles do ADV films still hold? AnimeOtaku mentioned Elfen Lied.

I would love to see some old Soft Cel titles come back in print (I think they did Guy under Happy Carrot). Definitely interested in Magical Twilight and New Angel.
    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

First TAN heading to Roku and now this? I guess it will be a service under Aesir's brand to sell or stream certain shows that can't be under there own name.

If ADV suddenly resurfaced, then what would happen with Sentai? They would get bitten by the dust of nostalgic fans eating this up. Another idea I could imagine is that ADV would not only hold licenses under Aesir Holdings, but they would merge with Section 23 for upgraded distribution manufacturing. But that is HUGE speculation cause a ghost company probably has no resources to produce discs/cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
        I asked in the News thread, but what titles do ADV films still hold? AnimeOtaku mentioned Elfen Lied.

I would love to see some old Soft Cel titles come back in print (I think they did Guy under Happy Carrot). Definitely interested in Magical Twilight and New Angel.
        I believe they have Rahxephon, Chance Pop Session and Super Milk Chan still as well?

I think the Aesir Holdings releases are actually ADV too arent they? i.e Abenobashi, Princess Tutu, Saiyuki and 'Now and then, Here and There'.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I find it odd that this page is still up, albeit with only with some sort of changing counter. Anyway, there are quite a number of titles that were a part of ADV that I am hoping gets rescued someday like Angelic Layer, Azumanga Daioh, and Rahxephon.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
          Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
          Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I wonder if the resurrection is just to release old titles, or to license new ones as well.
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
              I believe they have Rahxephon, Chance Pop Session and Super Milk Chan still as well?
              I would love to see Rahxephon on blu-ray. The counter wouldn't appear for me when I opened the site on Chrome, but showed up fine in Internet Explorer oddly enough.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I'd like to have Rahxephon on BD too. Now and Then, Here and There also needs brought back into print.
                Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

heh i figured something like this would eventually crop up given this whole thing was a buy out at the start anyway ( or rather re branding)

Comment

Anyone else getting a blank screen at http://www.advfilms.com/?
                    My Anime List
                    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                      Do you have AdBlock on? That's probably what's preventing it.
                      Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                        That's all I've gotten. EDIT: deathfromabove1993 was right. AdBlock was the culprit...

Comment

Nope showing a splash and counter for me.

From what I can tell the six numbers are currently meaningless and random.

$(document).ready(function () {
                          window.setInterval(count, 250);
                          });

var s = 1;

function count() {
                          resize();
                          for (var i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
                          var number = Math.floor(Math.random() * 9);
                          $('#n' + i).attr({ src: '/images/number_' + number + '.png' });
                          }
                          }
                          They have images for 0-8 (doesn't seem to have number 9?) and it just seems to be popping them in randomly.

EDIT: Although they do have an image for 9, so seems they just screwed up their code to include it.

http://www.advfilms.com/images/number_9.png
                          Last edited by skittles; 02-23-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

It looks kind of cool. It'd be nice if the label showed up again. I'm not expecting anything though.
                            I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                            - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

ADV still exists on paper, I believe, but the brand has been retired, other than the Elfen Lied DVD/Blu-ray reissue, which was an ADV release, I believe for legal reasons.

Maybe Geneon USA will also come back from the dead!
                              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X