• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] PONYCAN USA licenses ETOTAMA

Widgets Magazine

Pony Canyon USA Hosting Two Special Premiere Events

ETOTAMA

The event features the English subtitled Premiere of the first two episodes of ETOTAMA. ETOTAMA is an entirely original TV animation combining 2D and 3D animation, and is a collaboration of Shirogumi and Tablier Communications. Immediately after the screening, there will be Q&A session with the producers Tetsuya Kinoshita and Ryosuke Tsuboi. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to pose your questions to the producers.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-05-2015, 03:34 PM.

Re: PONYCAN USA licenses ETOTAMA

Does it really mean licensed? Cute High is an example that makes me wary of making a blanket statement.
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
      Does it really mean licensed? Cute High is an example that makes me wary of making a blanket statement.
      You got a point there. I guess it won't be clarified until Sakura-Con?

Comment

Maybe not even till later. We still don't know on Cute High if FUNI is going to grab home video or if it'll be PCUSA.
        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Icysoda
          I also wouldn't be surprised if they get Sound Euphonium.
          Yeah, I'm curious what will happen with that. I had initially (back when I when it was first announced) thought TBS might be involved in production as is common with KyoAni stuff, but they're not. Ponycan is the only company on the committee that I've known to license anime series overseas. Regardless of what happens with home video, I just hope to see it streaming after we disappointingly had a streak of KyoAni official simulcasts broken by Amagi Brilliant Park.

Comment

Re: PONYCAN USA licenses ETOTAMA?

I checked on the ANN article for Etotama. Apparently, I'm a bit surprised on how PonyCan USA manage to have home video rights for this title since Pony Canyon isn't even listed as one of the producers in the ANN article.

Now Sound Euphonium, on the other hand, had Pony Canyon as one of the producers for this KyoAni show, so it's most likely PonyCan USA have the rights to this title.
            Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
              I checked on the ANN article for Etotama. Apparently, I'm a bit surprised on how PonyCan USA manage to have home video rights for this title since Pony Canyon isn't even listed as one of the producers in the ANN article.
              With most anime titles a production committee that is specific to the particular show will be credited as producing the title, and sometimes the credits do not even show the individual companies that belong to that production committee. The information is not always going to be on ANN, as sometimes it hasn't been entered yet or may not even be available publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
                With most anime titles a production committee that is specific to the particular show will be credited as producing the title, and sometimes the credits do not even show the individual companies that belong to that production committee. The information is not always going to be on ANN, as sometimes it hasn't been entered yet or may not even be available publicly.
                And ETOTAMA was solicited on home video in Japan couple days ago. The distributor is Pony Canyon. PONYCAN USA getting involved shouldn't be surprising. The big question remains to how much PONYCAN USA is involved (home video, streaming,...).

EDIT: Pony Canyon is also handling music. The manga (published by AMW) is the same as Yuki Yuna is a Hero.
                Last edited by WTK; 02-20-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Series promoted PONYCAN USA booth (rights is still unknown) @ Sakura-Con: http://acparadise.tumblr.com/post/115393838059

---EDIT---

Series was promoted at booth but wasn't mentioned as part of the series that could be localized in the future. So the rights for PONYCAN is still not 100% clear.

Also Garakowa anime film // Animation production company and North American localizer Pony Canyon USA announced at its panel at Sakura-Con on Friday that it...

Animation production company and North American localizer Pony Canyon USA announced at its panel at Sakura-Con on Friday that it will localize Kyoto Animation's Sound! Euphonium, Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, and the Lance N' Masques television series and the Garakowa (Vitreous Flower & Destroy the World) anime film. PonyCan stated there are plans to dub all the series in English, but it depends on each title's performance.
                  Last edited by WTK; 04-06-2015, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Series site apparently went live on April 3rd: http://etotama.us/

There is no dedicated Twitter account (yet?), they are just using the Japan one: https://twitter.com/etotama_anime

Comment

via AX:

ETOTAMA: Collectors' Edition 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) | October 10

Bonus Contents: Clean Opening, TV Commercial collections

Exclusive Bonus Materials & Special Package
                      - Exclusive Mega Tall size "DODEKA" Disc Case
                      - Special CD Opengint theme song 「Retry ☆ rendezvous」& instrumental
                      - Double-sided cover illustrated by Koike Satoshi
                      - Deluxe booklet
                      - 2 Collectible Wall Pin-up Pictures illustrated by Akio Watanabe
                      - Exclusive "PONYCAN US" Plastic Slipcase
                      Last edited by WTK; 07-03-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

So I'm assuming that this will only have a Japanese Language track since the set specifications don't say if it will be dual audio.
                        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

The trailer looks like a video game cut scene. I'll have to see a couple episodes but I'm not expecting this to make me run out to spend $70 for 4 eps.

Comment

Originally posted by TAS View Post
                            The trailer looks like a video game cut scene. I'll have to see a couple episodes but I'm not expecting this to make me run out to spend $70 for 4 eps.
                            I watched the first 3 on CrunchyRoll then gave up. But that's just me, there's probably somebody out there that loves it enough to want these sets.

Comment

Originally posted by davesimmons View Post
                              Originally posted by TAS View Post
                              I watched the first 3 on CrunchyRoll then gave up. But that's just me, there's probably somebody out there that loves it enough to want these sets.
                              I went to CR and it seems I did watch the first two episodes, watching #3 I sort of remember watching it. I can forget about it again now.
                              It looks like something Media Blasters will licence 5 or 6 years from now because it was dirt cheap and no one else would touch it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X