• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Porco Rosso

Widgets Magazine
    Blu-ray / DVD Combo | MSRP: $36.99

Studio Name: BVHE
    Blu-ray Release Date: 02/03/2015
    UPC: 786936840254
    Last edited by WTK; 11-17-2014, 11:32 PM.

Re: Porco Rosso

Wow, and here I thought Disney was being awfully stingy about bringing Miyazaki's BDs to the states. This is quite a surprise. Not my favorite Miyazaki by any means, but it IS gorgeous and has its charms. I also really liked Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Fio; she had great chemistry with Michael Keaton.

Comment

Can't wait to pick this up. My second favorite Miyazaki movie!

Comment

The French dub isn't listed... damn. Hope that's an error, and it's still actually there.

My mother, who is a native French speaker (and used to teach French at a nearby high school) *loved* the French dub of Porco Rosso... Jean Reno did a superb job, and the script utilized many era-appropriate French terms and terminology (ones my mother hadn't heard in decades). To be honest, Michael Keaton's performance sounded phoned-in.

I will definitely be picking this up. It may not be one of Miyazaki's more popular films here in America, but I really quite love it.
        Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

I really liked this movie, so this is good news for me too.

> Jean Reno did a superb job,

As usual

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Blu-ray / DVD Combo | MSRP: $36.99

Studio Name: BVHE
            Blu-ray Release Date: 02/03/2015
            UPC: 786936840254
            Excellent news! Porco Rosso is probably my favorite Studio Ghibli movie, and I have been waiting for when Disney would finally release it on Blu-Ray.

C.T.
            You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Comment

With the way Disney has been going with their subtitles I'll have to wait for the reviews.

Comment

Now listed @ Amazon:
                - Porco Rosso (Blu-ray) - $36.99 - 2/3/15

Comment

That sure is great that this movie is coming out on BD. That's just another one of the long line of excellent Ghibli movies.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
                  Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
                  Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by DiRF View Post
                    The French dub isn't listed... damn. Hope that's an error, and it's still actually there.

My mother, who is a native French speaker (and used to teach French at a nearby high school) *loved* the French dub of Porco Rosso... Jean Reno did a superb job, and the script utilized many era-appropriate French terms and terminology (ones my mother hadn't heard in decades). To be honest, Michael Keaton's performance sounded phoned-in.

I will definitely be picking this up. It may not be one of Miyazaki's more popular films here in America, but I really quite love it.
                    It would be very unusual for Disney not to include a French track. For other anime it's not always so common since Anime is a niche title but for a Disney product it's pretty much mandatory up here for the Quebec market!

J. A.
                    Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                    Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                    Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                    Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15512
                      Special Features:
                      • Original Japanese Storyboards
                      • Original Japanese Trailer
                      • Interview with Toshio Suzuki
                      • Behind the Microphone
                      • Optional English and French subtitles

Comment

Oooh... French subtitle being listed gives hope that the French language track will make it to this release.
                        Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

The amazon.ca listing has Japanese, English and French for audio. And English and French for the subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis_Mullin View Post
                            The amazon.ca listing has Japanese, English and French for audio. And English and French for the subtitles.
                            Not surprising. I can't ever remember a Disney title in Canada not having a French soundtrack.

J. A.
                            Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                            Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                            Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                            Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...isney-in-2015/
                              Street Date: February 3, 2015
                              Feature Run Time: Approx. 93 minutes
                              Rating: PG For Violence and Some Mild Language
                              Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 (Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions)
                              Audio: 2.0 DTS-HDMA English; 2.0 Dolby Digital French; 2.0 DTS HDMA Japanese
                              Subtitles: English, French
                              Number of Discs: 2
                              SRP: $36.99

Bonus Features:
                              • Original Japanese Storyboards
                              • Original Japanese Trailer
                              • Interview with Toshio Suzuki
                              • Behind the Microphone

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels