Widgets Magazine

SUNRISE & Right Stuf to release select Gundam titles on home video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started listening to the Right Stuf panel (at? on?) Anime Lockdown, but didn't feel quite enthralled with the early promotion of pricy exclusives and left early. However, now I'm wondering if I should have kept following it for the Gundam news... I'd refrained from buying Build Fighters Try before, but found its "special" improved my feelings towards it as a whole at least compared to the dreary conventional wisdom, and kept supposing that if the special did get on disc I'd be much more inclined to buy both.

Comment

• I keep putting off buying Nozomi's Gundam Build Fighters release because of something I'm not sure about: does it include the three shorts (SD Knight Fighters Parts One and Two, and A Letter) that are present in the JP release? The product description doesn't mention them.

Comment

• ^ Just double checked, the three shorts are not included.

Comment

• Thanks. I wish Nozomi could include them in their Special Build Disc release.

Comment

• [Imperfect] Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Collector's Ultra Edition Blu-Ray https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobil...dition-Blu-Ray
            Note: This is an "Imperfect" item and contains slight damages to the collector's box but the contents themselves are in perfect condition.

Slight damages range anywhere from small dents and/or dings in the corner to shrink wrapping not covering the entirety of the product.

All Imperfect item sales are final. Not subject for returns.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...03644703592448
            We've uncovered some additional copies of our Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Collector's Ultra Edition Blu-Ray during our spring cleaning in the warehouse!
            Quantities are limited so you'll need to act fast before they're gone again for good.

http://nzani.me/irr1h
            #nozomient #gundam
            Last edited by WTK; 05-07-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status...85596541530112
              Here's a sample clip from our Gundam Build Fighters Special Build Disc Blu-Ray
              Don't forget to pre-order your copy today!

http://nzani.me/polj0
              #nozomient #gundam #buildfighterstry #islandwars #bluray #anime #preorder

Comment

• Very minor update @ Anime Central Online:

- Mobile Suit Gundam NT: 2020 (end of year), o-card, 70 page artbook
                - Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: finalized the box

Comment

• via TRSI:

- Gundam Build Divers: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 575 minutes - $74.99 - 9/1/20
                  Gundam Build Divers contains episodes 1-25 of the anime directed by Shinya Watada.

Special Features: Prologue Episode, Clean Openings, Clean Endings, Yukki's Gunpla Review PV, Shahryar's TV Warning, Build Divers Gunpla Commercials, and Blu-ray Commercials.
                  Last edited by WTK; 05-22-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Can't wait to see how the Gundam Seed boxset turns out. Of course, I'm probably not going to get it knowing that I'm expecting a supersized box like what Gundam Wing got seeing that it is quite a long series, but it's going to look great seeing that they took over two years to put the finishing touches on it.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• I'm expecting the same size as 00 and G, Seed isn't any bigger than those two series, so no reason for it to be any bigger in size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
                        I'm expecting the same size as 00 and G, Seed isn't any bigger than those two series, so no reason for it to be any bigger in size.
                        I'm not sure if things have changed, but I thought they were going to include both the original series with the Ocean dub and the HD version with the new dub? Plus there were also the compilation movies, but I don't think they've said anything about those yet? A few more discs won't take up too much more space but I was still expecting this box to be bigger than the ones in the past. They could try to put the original series on SD bluray, but I can't see Sunrise approving that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wAnder481 View Post

I'm not sure if things have changed, but I thought they were going to include both the original series with the Ocean dub and the HD version with the new dub? Plus there were also the compilation movies, but I don't think they've said anything about those yet? A few more discs won't take up too much more space but I was still expecting this box to be bigger than the ones in the past. They could try to put the original series on SD bluray, but I can't see Sunrise approving that.
                          They already said that the original dub will be SD on BD. The main series in HD will probably in 2 cases and the SD with original dub in its own case. With people complaining about Wing's non-shelf friendly case. I doubt they will go that route again. I'm still placing my bet on the artbox to be inline with 00 and G. It will probably be wider if they end up with more BD case.

Comment

I'm expecting the same size as 00 and G, Seed isn't any bigger than those two series, so no reason for it to be any bigger in size.
                            Gundam Seed is twice as long as 00 and G as it has a sequel series in Seed Destiny that's another four cours long. So that's why I think the box will at least be bigger than those two Gundam series.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                            Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                            Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Gundam Seed is twice as long as 00 and G as it has a sequel series in Seed Destiny that's another four cours long. So that's why I think the box will at least be bigger than those two Gundam series.
                              Already confirmed Seed and Seed Destiny will each have their own limited edition.

Comment

They already said that the original dub will be SD on BD. The main series in HD will probably in 2 cases and the SD with original dub in its own case. With people complaining about Wing's non-shelf friendly case. I doubt they will go that route again. I'm still placing my bet on the artbox to be inline with 00 and G. It will probably be wider if they end up with more BD case.
                                Whoops! Meant to say *one* SD BluRay. I think they will be forced to split it up into multiple discs, but who knows?

But you're right and I think the said the have no plans to go back to a box set design like Wing. Should the movies be included, there's a decent chance of it being bigger than G and 00.

Last edited by wAnder481; 05-23-2020, 03:02 PM. Reason: Revised affirmative statement.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X