Clear All

• [DVD/BD] SUNRISE & Right Stuf to release select Gundam titles on home video

Widgets Magazine
    PLEASE READ:
    • SUNRISE: selling Gundam releases in N. America
    • Right Stuf: handles only release distribution

TFP Resources
    What's officially confirmed so far...
    • Mobile Suit Gundam (0079 TV series & movie trilogy)
    • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    • Turn A Gundam

https://www.facebook.com/GundamUnico...72117942800323
    Thank you very much for you who came to our panel at NYCC.
    We announced several new things there.

Sunrise releases Gundam Series home video through Right stuf from spring 2015.
    The first release is "Mobile Suit Gundam" and "Turn A Gundam".
    http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...e=FT0000007457
    Right Stuf and Sunrise expand Mobile Suit Gundam distribution deal!
    Posted on: Saturday, October 11, 2014

Right Stuf, Inc. is excited to announce a new expanded distribution deal with Sunrise Inc. to release the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in North America.

The Mobile Suit Gundam franchise is a space opera anime that redefined the mecha genre. The original Mobile Suit Gundam series focused on using giant combat robots as a tool to win a war. This plot line structure strongly influenced future mecha series in the anime industry. In this newly expanded agreement, Right Stuf will continue to be the distribution arm for Sunrise as they work to re-release out-of-print Mobile Suit Gundam classic programming, along with the first-ever North American releases of Turn A Gundam, Gundam ZZ and more!

2014 marks the 35th anniversary of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime release in Japan. The original anime series was created and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino and aired on Nagoya Broadcasting Network from April 1979 – January 1980. It later inspired numerous manga, movies, videogames and anime spinoffs. To date, the Gundam franchise encompasses over 25 different series.
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sunrise Inc. and Right Stuf, Inc. Expand Distribution Deal for Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise

GRIMES, Iowa, October 11, 2014 – Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. is excited to announce a new expanded distribution deal with Sunrise Inc. to release the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in North America. About Mobile Suit Gundam The Mobile Suit Gundam franchise is a space opera anime that redefined the mecha genre. The original Mobile Suit Gundam series focused on using giant combat robots as a tool to win a war. This plot line structure strongly influenced future mecha series in the anime industry. 2014 marks the 35th anniversary of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime release in Japan. The original anime series was created and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino and aired on Nagoya Broadcasting Network from April 1979 – January 1980. It later inspired numerous manga, movies, videogames and anime spin-offs. To date, theGundam franchise encompasses over 25 different series. In this newly expanded agreement, Right Stuf will continue to be the distribution arm for Sunrise as they work to re-release out-of-print Mobile Suit Gundam classic programming, along with the first-ever North American releases of Turn A Gundam, Gundam ZZ and more! Right Stuf's President and CEO Shawne Kleckner said, “We are proud to have been chosen by Sunrise to represent this seminal anime franchise. Bringing this series back to American audiences is a great honor.” “The Gundam franchise is often revered as a true classic that helped to redefine our perception of what a mecha anime can do.” – Anime News Network More information can be found at www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/international.

About Right Stuf, Inc.
    Founded in 1987, Right Stuf, Inc. is amongst North America's largest publishers, distributors and retailers in the anime and manga marketplace. One of the industry's original pioneers, Right Stuf operates a multinational mail-order catalog and one of the trade's most recognized Internet storefronts, rightstuf.com. Right Stuf also works in a variety of media vehicles that include video streaming, podcasts and special publications. Included under the Right Stuf corporate umbrella is print publisher, Right Stuf On-Demand, and video production labels Nozomi Entertainment, Lucky Penny Entertainment and 5 Points Pictures.

ABOUT Sunrise, Inc.
    Sunrise Inc., a Namco Bandai Group Company, is an animation production studio which produces smash hit anime series like the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and all of the subsequent series in the Gundam franchise, as well as Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Code Geass, TIGER & BUNNY and many more. The company is located in Suginami, Tokyo, Japan and was established in 1972. The President and CEO is Mr. Yasuo Miyakawa.

https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/520991266528845824
    HUGE NEWS: Sunrise is partnering with Rightstuf to release Gundam. First will be First Gundam and - YES - TURN A GUNDAM
    https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/520991664811544576
    Sunrise wants to launch a new Gundam official site for us. They expect to deliver within the next few months. For now, watch Rightstuf
    https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/520992213317455872
    Here is a Sunrise slide announcing new Gundam deal. It is real
    ---

https://twitter.com/Anime3000/status/520991158907187201
    Mobile Suit Gundam and Turn A Gundam announced. #NYCC
    https://twitter.com/Anime3000/status/520991581130985472
    Sunrise partnering with Right Stuf to release future unreleased Gundam titles. Facebook page on the way. #NYCC
    Last edited by WTK; 10-11-2014, 10:02 PM.

Re: RightStuf & SUNRISE to release Gundam franchise

Oh my god yes! I hope this means Rightstuff will dip their toes into Blu-ray releases starting with this and expand.
    Last edited by thedigitalsin; 10-11-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I figured for awhile it was Gundam since it had enough titles to keep Rightstuf busy for awhile -- based off the clue and since they worked with Sunrise already. I really do hope that Bluray releases are forthcoming. I don't need DVD releases, I need some of the beautiful HD BD releases now.
      Last edited by JimmyG; 10-11-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Hope it includes Gundam Wing BD and Seed HD BD and Seed Destiny HD BD. Will buy all three no matter the cost.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Glad to see Gundam is returning to the US in a more official capacity. Hopefully this collaboration will turn out well from a product standpoint.
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I'm pretty excited with this development. BDs would be nice but I don't see them happening. I'm more than happy with DVDs. It's better than nothing at all. I guess we'll see every Gundam now like Victory, which is even more exciting.
            Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

OMG OMG OMG!!! I hope this means they will give us Double ZZ and all of the Gundam series on BD!!!
              I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

Turn A Gundam :D

Comment

I'll buy Turn A. Hopefully ZZ is under consideration. Not interested in anything else unless blu-ray is part of the deal.
                  Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Is this all going to be DVD only or are there going to be BDs? Of course if they do release BDs, then there's the question of domestic or Japanese pricing.

Turn A is getting BD boxes in Japan right now with second half coming out in December. It'd be cool if Sunrise released it here next year.
                    DVD/BD collection
                    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...e=FT0000007457
                      Right Stuf and Sunrise expand Mobile Suit Gundam distribution deal!
                      Posted on: Saturday, October 11, 2014

Right Stuf, Inc. is excited to announce a new expanded distribution deal with Sunrise Inc. to release the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in North America.

The Mobile Suit Gundam franchise is a space opera anime that redefined the mecha genre. The original Mobile Suit Gundam series focused on using giant combat robots as a tool to win a war. This plot line structure strongly influenced future mecha series in the anime industry. In this newly expanded agreement, Right Stuf will continue to be the distribution arm for Sunrise as they work to re-release out-of-print Mobile Suit Gundam classic programming, along with the first-ever North American releases of Turn A Gundam, Gundam ZZ and more!

2014 marks the 35th anniversary of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime release in Japan. The original anime series was created and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino and aired on Nagoya Broadcasting Network from April 1979 – January 1980. It later inspired numerous manga, movies, videogames and anime spinoffs. To date, the Gundam franchise encompasses over 25 different series.

Comment

These releases would technically be from Sunrise, so who knows what to expect? RightStuf only handled the DVDs for Unicorn, while Honneamise (sp?) did the Blu-rays.

I'm really only interested in Gundam Wing. I'll get that on Blu-ray when it's out. If I like it enough, I might dip my toe into some other parts of the franchise, but I doubt I'll commit to a whole lot of it.
                        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

With TRSI confirmed info, it's now Mobile Suit Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ. As expected this will be like how Gundam Unicorn is handled. TRSI will only handle the distribution (SUNRISE will pretty much decide the rest). I expect most (if not all) to be released on DVD only.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            With TRSI confirmed info, it's now Mobile Suit Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ. As expected this will be like how Gundam Unicorn is handled. TRSI will only handle the distribution (SUNRISE will pretty much decide the rest). I expect most (if not all) to be released on DVD only.
                            Glad to have a confirmation on ZZ. The prospect of marathoning all of Universal Century from begining to end has me salivating.
                            Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

I'm not much of a Gundam fan, but just popped in to say that I'm glad that you guys are getting more Gundam! I remember hearing for YEARS the woes of Turn-A-Gundam, and then after Bandai went bye-bye, the fact that it was a take-all-or-leave-it situation for licensing. Rightstuf seemed to be doing good with Unicorn, so this is great to see another franchise saved

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X