Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Hulu General News Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is kinda surprising, but I'm happy as a Hulu subscriber (and recently went commercial-free). No need at sll for Funimation Now, so I'll be able to watch Furuba on Hulu next year, most likely.

Comment

It doesn't get into anything specific aside from the fact that almost all of Funimation's catalog will appear on Hulu. What I do know that all of Funi's content will be on Hulu, except for a few titles that ate exclusive to Funi. What I need to know is what this "first-look" deal is all about as it could very well mean a similar deal to what they had with Crunchyroll where subs go on Hulu and dubs go to Funimation, at least during the broadcast season. That would mean another subscription needed to get the full experience if that's the case, and even more so if it only applies to certain titles.

Anyway, at the very least no matter what happens, I'm good at least through next year as I took advantage of Hulu's $1 monthly subscription deal, and while I don't plan to use it much. It turns out it could pay off should Funi, or rather Sony since they are the ones who initiated the breakup with CR and took things to Hulu instead, decide to start feeding Hulu stuff with an exclusive time window involved.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
      Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well if everything is on both FunimationNow and Hulu at the same time, I'll probably go with the latter.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

amazing news, glad it increases the value of my hulu subscription.

consistently wondering how people continue to proclaim cr as the best when now it looks like they are the must exclusive with series kept to their own platform and nowhere else.
          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Hulu CEO Randy Freer Sees Subscriber Growth Accelerating, Pay TV Margins Increasing; Global Entry A "Hard Problem To Solve"

https://deadline.com/2018/12/hulu-ce...nal-1202513505

Comment

Sounds likely that I'll have to go with FunimationNow over Hulu in the end, but they never say that any future simulcasts will necessarily be FunimationNow exclusives, so I'll continue to play it by ear each season and see which service I need.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Alright, from the look of things a Hulu subscription can replace a FN subscription with a few exceptions. The keyword there for me will be exceptions. Seeing that I took advantage of the Black Friday deal, I think I'll drop my Funimation subscription for now when it runs out at the end of the month and then play things by ear. The key thing will be what these exceptions are as I'm hoping that it doesn't apply to any future simulcasts. Of course, come November when my $1 per month subscription deal ends, I'll be back to subscribing to FN, if not sooner than that depending on what is exclusive to FN now between now and the Fall 2019 season.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
                Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X