• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Lucky Star

Widgets Magazine
    16:11:36 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Lucky Star and OVA

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...s-from-otakon/
    Finally, FUNimation has acquired the rights to the following titles:

- Lucky Star series + OVA
    Last edited by WTK; 08-09-2014, 04:17 PM.

Re: FUNimation licenses Lucky Star

I was close to importing the Japan set. I might hold off now
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Never thought I'd see Funimation get a hold of this! I'll be buying it day one.

Comment

Very interesting. I know it's just an upscale, but I wonder if they managed to snag BD rights.
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
          Very interesting. I know it's just an upscale, but I wonder if they managed to snag BD rights.
          And will they bother to dub the OVA?

Comment

^That would also be a very welcome addition.
            "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Have you seen the screens for the BD? There is no way this is an upscale

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                I got that info from here.

Comment

Uh, what are you talking about? The BD release is definitely an upscale.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    And will they bother to dub the OVA?
                    I'll guess no because they probably want to get it out the door at minimal cost. Also, I'm hoping that they keep Bang Zoom's larger subtitle font and translation.

I'll probably pass on this. However, if Funimation wanted to release a super ultra-expensive, limted edition blu ray dvd combo, with a t-shirt design that people would actually want to wear, and other tchotchkes, I'll consider letting my inner Konata out and pay money equal to something from Aniplex of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                      Uh, what are you talking about? The BD release is definitely an upscale.
                      I'm surprised but I'll take your word for it then. It's a damn good looking upscale though, Like really really good so I have no qualms about it.

Comment

I wasn't able to secure the Bandai releases for this. Thank god Funi got this. This will be a sure-buy and pre-order once it goes up.

Comment

Yay! I'll definitely get this if it's on Blu-Ray and/or has a premium style release and/or has a dubbed OVA (which is doubtful due to the information Wendee Lee discussed at London Film & Comic con 2010).

Comment

I remember the surprise when the Japanese set was released since internet wisdom said that KyoAni had animated everything in HD since Kanon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                              I remember the surprise when the Japanese set was released since internet wisdom said that KyoAni had animated everything in HD since Kanon.
                              At that time I think people were just assuming that once a studio produced a show in HD, everything it produced thereafter would be HD. Didn't quite pan out that way, though these days I think virtually everything is HD.
                              "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                              -My Collection
                              --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X