• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks announces license of Heaven's Memo Pad

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES
    LICENSE OF HEAVEN’S MEMO PAD

Houston, TX, July 22, 2011: Sentai Filmworks announced today their acquisition of Heaven’s Memo Pad, the amazing new series which merges an exploration of the growing phenomenon of social dropouts in Japan with a high school detective series. Based on the highly successful series of light novels by Hikaru Sugii, Heaven’s Memo Pad is directed by Katushi Sakurabi (Gunparade March, Lunar Legend Tsukihime) using character designs by Keichi Sano based upon originals by Mel Kishida and script supervision by Seishi Minakami (Paprika, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.)

Narumi Fujishima is NOT your typical high school student; he’s never really fit in and has been becoming increasingly more isolated from his fellow classmates. But he’s not alone, and when Ayaka, the sole member of the Gardening Club, introduces him to the reclusive girl who lives above the Ramen shop, Narumi enters a whole new secret world. Alice is a NEET, someone who is Not Employed, being Educated or in Training, but as Narumi quickly discovers, that doesn’t mean that she does nothing all day. In between tending to her small army of stuffed bears, Alice is an expert hacker and… has skills that suddenly become vital to Narumi when a new illegal narcotic invades his school and takes away someone important to him. Now it’s a deadly race as the strange but elite team of oddball associates that Alice assembles from her NEET acquaintances races to locate and destroy the source of the deadly drug. And in the middle of it all, Narumi will find his life changing forever in Heaven’s Memo Pad!

Digital distribution of Heaven’s Memo Pad will begin through The Anime Network on Sunday, July 31, with a home video release of the 12 episodes to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.
    # # #

Re: Sentai Filmworks announces license of Heaven's Memo Pad

This sounds like it might be up my alley, so long as the writing is good.

Comment

I'm not too surprised, as after Sentai got Ro-kyu-bu, I thought they might also get the other Warner-produced anime of the season. I'm enjoying the series so far, though, so it's nice to hear that it's licensed. Hopefully it stays good and this might be a definite buy.

Comment

Wow! It's like Sentai has gone power mad or something. Three nice choices in a row. Well, based on what I've seen of Ikoku, Rokyubu, and Memo Pad so far anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
          Wow! It's like Sentai has gone power mad or something. Three nice choices in a row. Well, based on what I've seen of Ikoku, Rokyubu, and Memo Pad so far anyway.
          It's interesting that they specify "subtitled DVD" on the press release for Rokyubu, but they don't do so on the other two series (instead saying the generic "home video release"). Not that it's likely the other series will get different treatment, but maybe if they do well enough on streaming...

Comment

Heaven's Memo Pad (Kamisama no Memo-cho)

Schedule:
            Episode 1: Sun 7/31 @ Noon (Central)
            Episode 2: Mon 8/1 @ Noon
            Episode 3: Tues 8/2 @ Noon
            Episode 4: Wed 8/3 @ Noon
            Episodes 5 - 12: Wednesdays @ Noon (Central)

Comment

Well, this makes the second license from Sentai that actually has me interested. I wonder if the roll will continue into Otakon.
              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
              Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

I will be picking up the eventual media release for this (hopefully it'll get a BD one)
                Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                Currently Watching: UN-GO
                [Collection March '12]

Comment

Not too surprised by this pick-up. I will probably check out the available free episode(s) and wait for the home media release.

Comment

Originally posted by G. B. Smith View Post
                    I wonder if the roll will continue into Otakon.
                    Sentai isn't listed on Otakon's latest schedule. So if anything it will be PR announcement(s).

Comment

Well there goes my plans for replacing Croisée with Memo Pad on my most wanted list.
                      Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                      Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Yay! Another show on my This Season's Want to Watch list to be streamed. That leaves only 1 show left I'm interested in. (Any company out there want to stream some penguins? :D)
                        Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          but maybe if they do well enough on streaming...
                          I don't watch streaming, but this sounds good, and I prefer BD. Maybe I should just start the streaming then leave my computer while it plays.
                          Jeremiah Sabadoz
                          my comics my blog

Comment

Originally posted by LKK View Post
                            Yay! Another show on my This Season's Want to Watch list to be streamed. That leaves only 1 show left I'm interested in. (Any company out there want to stream some penguins? :D)
                            Other than Penguindrum, this announcement covers just about all the shows I cared to watch this season.

This season is turning out pretty awesome, except for people who don't like digital distribution. I'll probably grab a 3-month subscription as soon as the third episode of RKB! goes live.
                            My animé & figure collections
                            Hummingbird
                            || Tweeterings
                            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Great news! This was another one I wanted to watch.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X