Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks announces license of Ro-Kyu-Bu Fast Break!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] Sentai Filmworks announces license of Ro-Kyu-Bu Fast Break!

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSE OF
    RYO-KU-BU: FAST BREAK

HOUSTON, June 27, 2012— Sentai Filmworks announced today that the show’s production committee has requested a buy-back of the home video rights to this show from all of the committee’s licensees outside of Asian territories. In the interest of cooperation, Sentai Filmworks is complying with the committee’s request with respect to the home video rights only.

RYO-KU-BU: FAST BREAK will continue to be available through TV, Streaming and other digital sources.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

# # #
    Previously announced @ AX with minimal details, via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES
    LICENSE OF RO-KYU-BU FAST BREAK!

HOUSTON, July 22, 2011—Sentai Filmworks today launches a full court press on the anime marketplace with the announcement of their acquisition of the red hot new girls’ basketball series RO-KYU-BU FAST BREAK! Based on the hitseries of seven light novel written by Sagu Aoyama and illustrated by Tinkle, as well as the twin manga series illustrated by Yūki Takami and Futaba Miwa, respectively, the 12 episode series is directed by Keizo Kusakawa (Sekirei, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A’s,) with character designs by Takayuki Noguchi (Queen’s Blade, Papillon Rose) and script supervision by Michiko Itō (Special A.)

Talk about games being called unexpectedly! Hasegawa Subaru joined the basketball club at Nanashiba High, only to have his hopes dashed when the teams’ play is suspended after the captain is suspected of having inappropriate feelings for the coach’s underage daughter. Blindsided and blocked by bad luck, Subaru expectedly finds an opening for his talent with the hoops when his aunt asks him to take on the task of coaching a young girls’ basketball club - a Ro-Kyu-Bu. But can a superstar wannabe find true satisfaction while playing sixth man to a team of five girls? Get your scorecards ready and find out in RO-KYU-BU FAST BREAK!

Digital distribution of RO-KYU-BU FAST BREAK! will begin through The Anime Network on Wednesday, July 27 with a video release of the 12 episodes on English subtitled DVD to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.
    # # #
    Last edited by WTK; 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks announces license of Ro-Kyu-Bu Fast Break!

Nice that we have more clear information now. So, it's going to be streamed after all. Sad, they're not planning a BD version, it seems. Ah, well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
      Sad, they're not planning a BD version, it seems. Ah, well.
      Things could change. If the streaming numbers are good, anything is possible (think Demon King Daimao).

Comment

Good, that saves me the trouble of putting it on my wishlist .

Nice to hear some clarification about the show, and kudos to Sentai for still taking a chance on sports anime. Perhaps this will somehow lead towards them getting the rest of Eyeshield 21.
        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Ro-Kyu-Bu ~ Fast Break!

Schedule:
          Episode 1: Wed 7/27 @ 10:30 AM (Central)
          Episode 2: Thur 7/28 @ 10:30 AM
          Episode 3: Fri 7/29 @ 10:30 AM
          Episode 4: Sat 7/30 @ 10:30 AM
          Episodes 5 - 12: Saturdays @ 10:30 AM (Central)

Comment

I'll probably be interested when it comes to a media release.
            Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
            Currently Watching: UN-GO
            [Collection March '12]

Comment

Not really "news" but it is nice to get PR and more details.
              My animé & figure collections
              Hummingbird
              || Tweeterings
              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                Sad, they're not planning a BD version, it seems. Ah, well.
                Things could change. If the streaming numbers are good, anything is possible (think Demon King Daimao).
                I'll be sure to watch it if it can help!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  Ro-Kyu-Bu ~ Fast Break!

Schedule:
                  Episode 1: Wed 7/27 @ 10:30 AM (Central)
                  Episode 2: Thur 7/28 @ 10:30 AM
                  Episode 3: Fri 7/29 @ 10:30 AM
                  Episode 4: Sat 7/30 @ 10:30 AM
                  Episodes 5 - 12: Saturdays @ 10:30 AM (Central)
                  I was wondering why they didn't start simulcasting it from the beginning since they licensed it right off, but I'm glad to see they will be putting the episodes online and catching up to do a simulcast. It doesn't specify that it will be free, so I'm guessing it will follow the usual format of one episode for everyone, another for free members, and the rest for paying members. I guess that means I'll only be watching the first two. I'd like to say that if I like them enough, I'll buy it when they release it, but they've already confirmed sub-only and DVD-only, and since they don't offer anything else that makes buying those releases worth it to me (except Gintama, which I only get because it's one of my favorites, and even still it's hard for me to justify doing it), that means I won't be. Unless it's really great. Which I really doubt. But hey, maybe the release plans will change. I still doubt I'll be buying it no matter what, though.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
                    I was wondering why they didn't start simulcasting it from the beginning since they licensed it right off, but I'm glad to see they will be putting the episodes online and catching up to do a simulcast.
                    Not too much of a "simul"cast since they will be 8 days after the original airing, but it's still better than the weeks FUNi has had on a few of their simulcasts. Nice that they're catching up quickly too. The other two series (Memo Pad and Croisee) get a more agreeable (to me) 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      I was wondering why they didn't start simulcasting it from the beginning since they licensed it right off, but I'm glad to see they will be putting the episodes online and catching up to do a simulcast.
                      Not too much of a "simul"cast since they will be 8 days after the original airing, but it's still better than the weeks FUNi has had on a few of their simulcasts. Nice that they're catching up quickly too. The other two series (Memo Pad and Croisee) get a more agreeable (to me) 5 days.
                      Yeah, I guess I'll be filing these as "prettyquickcasts" (FUNimation's specialty). But getting legal streams of series the same season as they're airing in Japan is still always good in my book. Obviously the sooner after the Japanese airing the better, but it's better than nothing. When it's more than a couple of weeks later than it should be, though, that's where I get a little frustrated. Not that I'm talking about these. They're catching right up, so I'm happy about that!
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

When it's more than a couple of weeks later than it should be, though, that's where I get a little frustrated.
                        Yeah. More than one whole week tends to be the point of annoyance to me, because on many series, it means that people who view series illegally will already be able to see the next episode already and possibly be discussing it. If it happens to be a series I want to follow in very closely on the discussion as it airs that gets frustrating. If it's only a few days later, then well, there may be some people discussing it earlier but they haven't already moved on to the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          When it's more than a couple of weeks later than it should be, though, that's where I get a little frustrated.
                          Yeah. More than one whole week tends to be the point of annoyance to me, because on many series, it means that people who view series illegally will already be able to see the next episode already and possibly be discussing it. If it happens to be a series I want to follow in very closely on the discussion as it airs that gets frustrating. If it's only a few days later, then well, there may be some people discussing it earlier but they haven't already moved on to the next episode.
                          Exactly. If Sentai, or anyone else, were to start streaming a summer series now, and just upload one episode a week without doing this catch-up thing, I'd watch it, but even if I enjoyed it, I probably wouldn't discuss it because some (most) people would simply watch it in the way they probably had been before it got a stream.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I think this'll make make me finally sign up for TAN. And I'll have the added benefit of checking out more of the Clannad dub, before the BD comes out.

If Ro-Kyu-Bu actually gets enough viewership to make the case for BD, I'd be amazed. But I've been amazed before.
                            The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
                              I think this'll make make me finally sign up for TAN.
                              Same here, and I don't mind that they're a couple of weeks behind. The fact that there's a legal stream for this show is good enough for me.
                              Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                              Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X