Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks announces license of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Sentai Filmworks announces license of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES LICENSE OF CROISةE IN A FOREIGN LABYRINTH ~
    THE ANIMATION

Houston, TX, July 21, 2011: Sentai Filmworks today announced their acquisition of the new hit series Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation. Based on the popular manga by Hinata Takeda, the 12 episode series is a unique East meets West drama set in 19th century France. Script supervision for the historical drama is being handled by the legendary Junichi Sato (Sailor Moon, Aria,) with character designs by Hideki Inoue (Grenadier) and direction from Kenji Yasuda (Noein.)

Revolutions always wreck mayhem and carnage, and the Industrial Revolution is no different as it engulfs Europe, leaving outmoded businesses and millions stripped of their traditional ways of life forever as its casualties. Cultural Revolutions are no less devastating, and as the 19th century comes to an end, young Yune has seen her native Japan shaken to its very core as the walls separating it from the Western world have finally crumbled, sending an entire nation on a quest for a new identity. But like the Phoenix, the new is inevitably born from the ashes of the old. And when Yune she decides to accompany her new acquaintance, Oscar, to Paris where his family’s metal declining shop is barely making ends meet in the face of its new competition, she may just be setting a new wave of changes into motion. Could Yune be the critical spark needed to rekindle the fires in both the hearths and minds of the Enseignes du Roy? As old worlds come to an end, new beginnings will be forged in Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation.

Digital distribution of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation will begin through The Anime Network on Tuesday, July 26, with a home video release of the 12 episodes to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.

# # #
    Last edited by WTK; 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks announces license of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation

Hey, there's an interesting pick-up. What does "home video" entail in this case, I wonder?
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Sentai Filmworks announces license of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation

Yune! I think this may be an almost certain buy for me, however they chose to release this. It's a shame that Blu-ray and/or a dub are probably unlikely, but I'll hope for the improbable anyway.
      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-21-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        What does "home video" entail in this case, I wonder?
        VHS and Laserdisc.

Comment

It looks very interesting.
          Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Martinman View Post
            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            What does "home video" entail in this case, I wonder?
            VHS and Laserdisc.
            Hot damn! I am so on board! Impressive VHS shelf presence FTW! Huge laserdisc cover art FTW! :D
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Based on my experience with the first three episodes of this series, I have to approve of this choice by Sentai. I'll approve it even more if they're kind enough to give it a Blu-Ray release. You know because a girl as pretty as Yune and a girl as lovely as Alice, they both need to be seen in true glory. So that we can appreciate... err I mean so we can see the beauty of France. Yeah, that's it.

It's kind of funny. I sit here waiting for a title on my "Most Wanted List" to get licensed so I can make room for "Under Consideration" titles, and then one of those latter titles gets licensed. Such as the way of the world.

Comment

Sweet, unexpected license! Thanks, Sentai.
                http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midvalley
                Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon, Voices of a Distant Star, Ergo Proxy, Berserk.
                Currently Watching: Steins;Gate, Blood +
                Someone License: Dennou Coil.

Comment

Is this the one that feels like Emma? I thought it would be more up Nozomi's alley, but glad to see such an interesting title come over.
                  Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
                  Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    Yune! :beatingheart: I think this may be an almost certain buy for me, however they chose to release this. It's a shame that Blu-ray and/or a dub are probably unlikely, but I'll hope for the improbable anyway.
                    We just need to let Sentai know this. That the lack of a BD release would make Yune sad, and anger Alice. That should convince them. Yes, eventually my delusions will come to an end.

Comment

I'm definitely very interested in this. It depends on TAN's availability, I may watch it. If not, I will just wait for the home video release.

Comment

Originally posted by hayate kurogane View Post
                        Originally posted by martinman View Post
                        what does "home video" entail in this case, i wonder?
                        vhs and laserdisc.
                        hot damn! I am so on board! Impressive vhs shelf presence ftw! Huge laserdisc cover art ftw! :d
                        I will throw this one out there...VCD.

Comment

Nah, the home video release will be on CED and Betamax.
                          "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                          Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                          Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Originally posted by martinman View Post
                            what does "home video" entail in this case, i wonder?
                            vhs and laserdisc.
                            hot damn! I am so on board! Impressive vhs shelf presence ftw! Huge laserdisc cover art ftw! :d
                            I will throw this one out there...VCD.
                            No Beta, no buy!
                            Seriously though, the show's premise sounds interesting. I'll probably check it out.
                            Avatar: Aoi Futaba & Yoriko Nikaido (You're Under Arrest!)
                            Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

It sounds interesting, so I'll give it a try.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X