Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Aniplex of America licenses Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]

Widgets Magazine
    Fate/ stay night Trailer 1 / Fate / stay night Trailer 2 | Streaming starts autumn 2014
    Published on May 24, 2014

Following the events of Fate/zero...The Type-Moon x ufotable masterpiece Fate/ stay night is back this Fall featuring the fifth Holy Grail War. Join Shirou and Saber and all the other Masters and Servants for an epic battle.

Get all the details at: www.FateStayNightUSA.com
    Last edited by WTK; 05-24-2014, 04:19 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Fate/stay night (2014)

Well, that's completely unsurprising; it was pretty likely that this would be an Aniplex title. It does surprise me a bit that we're hearing about it this early, though.

Comment

An expected announcement and as usual I see an import release if a JP BD-Box with english subtitles if it's being planned followed by a domestic release with an english dub.
      Last edited by strikezero00; 05-24-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Haha, announcing licenses a season and a half before the show starts. Good stuff, Aniplex. Hope we get the same home video deal as Fate/Zero. I need to spend another thousand dollars! Oh right, and that didn't actually debut on Crunchyroll, so I look forward to getting that for this.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

An entirely expected license is made official, so there is surprise among no one. The only thing that would rouse any emotion for this is how Aniplex will approach dubbing the remake.

C.T.
          You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Haha, announcing licenses a season and a half before the show starts. Good stuff, Aniplex.
            Seriously? FUNi, Sentai and Viz also do this with high profile titles. There are legit reasons to shit on Aniplex, but I don't see early licensing to secure streaming deals as one of them. Hopefully it gets on Hulu faster than KlK did.
            Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

I never watched any of the Fate/ series because I don't know what's what in plot order... But I'll be watching this because I heard Studio Deen's version wasn't as good...

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
                I never watched any of the Fate/ series because I don't know what's what in plot order... But I'll be watching this because I heard Studio Deen's version wasn't as good...
                Fate/Stay Night (2014) is probably okay to start with. Obviously the Deen version has been out there for years. Fate/Zero is a prequel and what I watched first, and since this is supposed to be in the spirit of that show, maybe you ought to watch that first.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                  FUNi, Sentai and Viz also do this with high profile titles.
                  I don't think they've ever licensed something this early. They're not branches of a major anime production company (it's nice Aniplex can confirm things so early: nothing against it myself), and so it usually takes near the start of the season starting or even a little into it before a license can be finalized.
                  Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 05-25-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Considering that they have Fate/Zero and the same production team and studio is doing this remake that it was pretty obvious that Aniplex was going to license this.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
                    Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

No surprises here, but good to see its officially been picked up nonetheless.
                      Watching: FMA: Brotherhood, Konosuba, Nanbaka, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece (Toonami), Urusei Yatsura
                      Recently Finished: Coicent, DBZ, Digimon Tri - Chapter 2, One Piece Film: Gold, Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                        Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                        Haha, announcing licenses a season and a half before the show starts. Good stuff, Aniplex.
                        Seriously? FUNi, Sentai and Viz also do this with high profile titles. There are legit reasons to shit on Aniplex, but I don't see early licensing to secure streaming deals as one of them. Hopefully it gets on Hulu faster than KlK did.
                        Completely untrue, and I can't imagine how what I said could've been construed as shitting on Aniplex. It was a license we all knew was coming as soon as the project was announced, and as something I've been eagerly anticipating since then, the quicker we get trailers and the like available in our region with official subs the better. That in no way changes the fact that it's amusing to see something licensed at this unprecedented point.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
                          At this point, you should go ahead and watch Fate/Zero, then watch this new remake when it arrives. That's all you need at this point.

The original TV series adaptation and the Unlimited Blade Works movie, both by Studio Deen, can be watched later or separately, more as curiosities than anything else; they certainly wouldn't have anything to do with this new and expanding story/timeline/universe/thing.

There's also the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya TV series, which has nothing to do with any of the above, other than borrowing characters and concepts to make an amusing magical girl-themed show. Watch it any time, but preferably after you get through Fate/Zero and this new remake, so you get all the jokes and references.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/AniplexUSA/...14843235196289
                            Fate/stay night USA fans! Did you hear? There's going to be a live streaming of the "Fate Project Update Presentation" in Japan on 7/26! Tune in to the link below on 7/26 for all the latest info on Fate/ stay night!
                            http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv185409408
                            Fate Project Update Presentation Live!

■Program Details
                            The latest information surrounding the television Anime "Fate/stay night" slated
                            for fall, 2014 and "Fate" works will be revealed Sunday, July 27!

Coverage includes discussions with the television anime staff/cast talk, the latest
                            trailer, and other information!

Look forward to it!

Comment

Unlimited Blade Works will be adapted as a TV series this fall.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spseKv7jtmY

Heaven's Feel will be adapted as a film.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs

Two of three routes ain't bad. I'll take it!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X