Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
    ....HALLELUJAH!!! We can FINALLY own EVERYTHING from the original series, YAY!

Sure took forever. >_<
    Five whole years. Even doing a new dub, that seems a bit excessive. Was it so they could push it as their big prize at anime cons for half a decade?

Oh well, I'm just happy I'll finally be able to watch the series all the way to the end!
    Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
    ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
    ~ Last Watched: The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
    homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

• Next batch of Sailor Moon dubbed episodes (eps 128 - 166) started streaming on October 1st:

https://www.hulu.com/series/sailor-m...4-a69280ca0438
      https://www.viz.com/watch/streaming/sailor-moon

Comment

• The entire second half of Sailor Stars' is availble for purchase on YouTube and iTunes:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dQ&app=desktop

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/sailor-moon-sailor-stars-english-season-5-volume-2/id1476739800
        Last edited by Canadian; 10-29-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/rightstufanime/s...40204320526336

In stock now, check your cards.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            And the series is finally complete and released here in the States. Nice!
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Got my shipping notice. It sure took forever to get here. Now I must make time for a Sailor Moon Marathon!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Got my shipping notice. It sure took forever to get here. Now I must make time for a Sailor Moon Marathon!!!
                I started mine last December. But I only watch about three episodes per week, so I needed lots of lead time. Wanted to get the timing right so I could go right to Stars after SuperS. I'm already up to episode 134 about 1/4 into SuperS, so it'll be a seamless 200 episodes for me!

It's a shame that it took until SuperS for Viz to finally get the A/V mastering and authoring on the discs right.
                Last edited by Serial Experiments Nobue; 11-09-2019, 11:21 PM.
                ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                ~ Last Watched: The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Comment

• Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
                  It's a shame that it took until SuperS for Viz to finally get the A/V mastering and authoring on the discs right.
                  Actually they didn't, Toei started releasing their 2015 upscale on Blu-ray in Japan and were already sending it out to countries like Australia (Madman's BDs & post-S DVDs) and Mexico (HD broadcast on Azteca 7) so Viz basically got that master for SuperS & Stars. It's also why in addition to the better quality, the opening previews are in their proper place as opposed to after the OP like on Hulu and the first three season discs.
                  Last edited by NJ_; 11-10-2019, 04:07 PM.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Actually they didn't, Toei started releasing their 2015 upscale on Blu-ray in Japan and were already sending it out to countries like Australia (Madman's BDs & post-S DVDs) and Mexico (HD broadcast on Azteca 7) so Viz basically got that master for SuperS & Stars. It's also why in addition to the better quality, the opening previews are in their proper place as opposed to after the OP like on Hulu and the first three season discs.
                    Thanks for the clarification. I wish they had gotten that arrangement for S at least. But my mind still reels at how Viz's first season blu-rays are legit unwatchable. I had to go to the DVDs for the first season since the lower resolution was able to mute the mosaic blocking in the edges and whatnot enough that I could actually watch it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X