Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailor Moon Sailor Stars BD/DVD LE has just gone up for pre-order on RightStuf. Release date is 6/18/19

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailo...GWP?quantity=1
    Last edited by MythicalFangNZ; 04-02-2019, 01:38 PM.
    Avatar: I guess you could say this is what I would look like as an Animated character

My Anime List: List of Every Anime I have ever seen / Watched -
    https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Comment

• ^

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Season 5, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD LE) - 408 minutes - $79.99 - 6/18/19
      Sailor Moon StarS Set 1 Limited Edition includes anime episodes 167-183 directed by Takuya Igarashi, as well as a booklet featuring episode synopses, character bios and art. Order from Right Stuf and receive a Sailor Moon StarS coin as a free gift with purchase while supplies last!

Special Features: Cast Interviews, Art Gallery, Trailers and More!
      Last edited by WTK; 04-02-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MythicalFangNZ View Post
        Sailor Moon Sailor Stars BD/DVD LE has just gone up for pre-order on RightStuf. Release date is 6/18/19

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailo...GWP?quantity=1
        Finally! Last special coin to add to the set and then just one more half season set to go (with art cards!)

Comment

• Just preordered mine as well! This is a day I've been waiting nearly two decades for. It's up there with when I was finally able to preorder Only Yesterday (and also Ocean Waves which was even more unexpected!)
          Merry Christmas from Ana & Matsuri! || my avatar library
          ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Hanebado!; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
          ~ Last Watched: Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There
          homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

• I just hope they actually list the English actor names in the booklet instead of that To Be Announced bullshit they pulled with SuperS.

Comment

• Sailor Moon Sailor Stars | Sailor Star Lights English Voice Reveal | VIZ
              https://youtu.be/veMK0RWxFuA

Comment

• Sailor Moon Sailor Stars | Sailor Galaxia English Voice Reveal | VIZ

Comment

• https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006689

SAILOR MOON Season 5 Set 1 Statement
                  We have discovered an issue in the form of text errors in the booklet packaged with our Limited Edition of SAILOR MOON Season 5 Set 1. The erroneous text is in the romaji provided with the song lyrics.The booklet is the only item affected and the issue does not affect the rest of the Limited Edition set or the Standard BD or DVD releases.

We are deeply sorry for this issue. We are working on a replacement solution for fans who have already purchased the set and would like a new booklet. Details will be announced as soon as possible. Updates will be posted here, as well as through social media:

Facebook: facebook.com/OfficialVIZMedia

Twitter: @VIZMedia and @Sailor_Moon_NA

Thank you for your patience while we work on a solution!

The VIZ Media Team

Comment

• Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, Season 5, Part 1 on Blu-ray/DVD | Official English Trailer | VIZ

Comment

• https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006689

Updated: SAILOR MOON Season 5 Set 1 Statement

The team here at VIZ was very excited to take on the honor of localizing SAILOR MOON, especially acknowledging that Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus are not friends, but in fact, partners.

We made a mistake in the SAILOR MOON: SAILOR STARS booklet, and we deeply apologize for the implications of our error. We have initiated a reprinting of the booklet with updated language.

Thank you to the SAILOR MOON community for bringing this to our attention. We have been proud of our work supporting the series and will continue to do so in the future.

More details to follow about how to receive a replacement booklet.

Comment

• ...Partners? Might be alone on this, but I don't think a re-print that says it like that is worth it. In the subs, Yugi and Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! are considered partners and clearly have no romantic connection. If you're not going to go the complete distance to make Uranus and Neptune's relationship as clear as Season 5 makes it, don't bother at all.

Comment

• The Friendship thing was something that originally came from the style guide materials that Toei gave everyone (they even used a similar chart themselves to promote Crystal season 3 at Anime Expo 2016 with "Friendship" there) so it probably was something Viz forgot to double-check after changing it to Partners two seasons ago.

As minor as it seems, at least they're fixing it now so it's not a repeat of the issues with DBS Broly (meaning Toei didn't force this change unlike the subs in that movie).
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• It sucks that this is happening, but at least Viz is taking the effort to make things right for those who care about it.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• So...for season 4 Viz leaves it as "To Be Announced" for some of the English cast in the booklet and doesn't do anything about it (under the excuse "we didn't know when these went to print!"), but get Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus's relationship wrong and they'll fix THAT...

Seems like the only thing consistent with Viz and Sailor Moon is messing SOMETHING up for each season!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X