Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Originally posted by Shez View Post
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    - Sailor Moon S, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 470 minutes - $69.99 - 6/20/17
    Sailor Moon S part 2 contains episodes 109-127.

Special Features: Cast Interviews, Cast Commentary, Art Gallery, Opening & Ending Songs, and more!
    - Sailor Moon S, Part 2 (DVD) - 470 minutes - $39.99 - 6/20/17
    *Snip*
    *Snip*
    *Snip*
    Hmmm when was the last time they had a Viz sale?
    Hmm...I can't recall one recently. Outside of holiday sales, the best deals are when there's some sort of weekly special offer, but those are rare. (The most recent deal that I can think of was Bleach Blu Set 1 for 50% off or something like that. I think the same thing happened for Hunter X Hunter Set 1 too.) Before Warner took over (or whoever it was) Viz sales were more frequent. If you can wait, the holiday sales will probably be your best bet in terms of pricing.
    Last edited by Art-chan; 04-14-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Am I just blind or is Amazon not selling the R movie?

Comment

I see it on amazon.ca but not amazon.com.
        Very weird.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
          Amazon's being Amazon again and is having issues with WB. The same thing happened in 2014 which only lasted for a month.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            Amazon's being Amazon again and is having issues with WB. The same thing happened in 2014 which only lasted for a month.
            Amazon always has been with book/movie publishers. Just a few months ago they held back pre-orders from Disney movies until well after they were released :/ If it's not with one company, it's with another.

Comment

Amazon always has been with book/movie publishers. Just a few months ago they held back pre-orders from Disney movies until well after they were released :/ If it's not with one company, it's with another.
              Yeah... I remember there was one time with Hachette, which affected Yen Press titles. I like that there's not much reason to use Amazon for anime or manga outside of the rare really good deal. I can stick to Right Stuf just fine and never come across issues like this.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Yeah... I remember there was one time with Hachette, which affected Yen Press titles. I like that there's not much reason to use Amazon for anime or manga outside of the rare really good deal. I can stick to Right Stuf just fine and never come across issues like this.
                ^ Yeah... this. Sometimes I'll use Amazon to buy used Anime CDs (sometimes it's the only way to get something since I don't wanna deal with Amazon Japan), but otherwise 99% of my Anime/manga stuff comes from Right Stuf.

Comment

Righstuf won't give me free shipping on the R movie though since it's less than $48 and Rightstuf's discounted price isn't that much (especially considering the shipping will put it right back up to the SRP).

Comment

So I have my copy of the R movie (see cover art thread) and here are some notes:

-No closed captions on either disc.
                    -None of the songs are translated in either sub track.
                    -Blu-ray subs are locked.
                    -No chapter stops for Make Up! Sailor Guardians except at the end (if that matters).
                    -Both special & movie credits are left in Japanese with no English credit scroll from the theatrical run, this was expected after what happened with Crystal (EN credits on Hulu, JP-only on the discs).
                    -The cast interview extra is the theatrical intro with Stephanie Sheh, Robbie Daymond & Ben Diskin which is 10 minutes long.
                    -The BD-only LA premiere Q&A extra is the full video and is 34 minutes long with highlights of before the premiere at the end.
                    -There's also a gallery extra here which has cels from the movie, originally from the Japanese DVD (unfortunately the only thing from that release here).
                    Last edited by NJ_; 04-17-2017, 06:47 AM.
                    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I also got my copy of Sailor Moon R: The Movie & I can confirm what NJ_ has already posted about it. One other thing that I can also confirm is the movie's aspect ratio: It is indeed 16x9 & it looks to me as if this is what it's supposed to be. From what I see both the top & bottom of the picture are not cropped off plus there's more material shown from side to side than I remember from Pioneer/Geneon's original DVD release which of course was 4x3. It looks good.
                      Last edited by Jimmie M; 04-18-2017, 02:56 AM.
                      Avatar: Yohko & Azusa (Devil Hunter Yohko)
                      FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                      Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

So I have my copy of the R movie (see cover art thread) and here are some notes:

-None of the songs are translated in either sub track.
                        Oh, come on! Geneon/Pioneer had no problems. *Sigh*

I'll still get it anyway, but I'm sad that they can't even provide a dang song translation when there was one available in the past!

Comment

Does the R movie come with a booklet at all?

Comment

Forgot to add something to my notes, apparently the Japanese audio is downmixed. Someone complained about it elsewhere and listening to it myself, it does sounds pretty close to mono like Toei's old TV shows on DVD (see DBZ, FotNS & Hana Yori Dango). I don't have the R2 DVD to confirm if it's any better so I'm not sure if it's an issue on their side or not.

Does the R movie come with a booklet at all?
                            Nope, not even an insert either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                              I also got my copy of Sailor Moon R: The Movie & I can confirm what NJ_ has already posted about it. One other thing that I can also confirm is the movie's aspect ratio: It is indeed 16x9 & it looks to me as if this is what it's supposed to be. From what I see both the top & bottom of the picture are not cropped off plus there's more material shown from side to side than I remember from Pioneer/Geneon's original DVD release which of course was 4x3. It looks good.
                              If that's the case I am now leaning towards picking it up.

Forgot to add something to my notes, apparently the Japanese audio is downmixed. Someone complained about it elsewhere and listening to it myself, it does sounds pretty close to mono like Toei's old TV shows on DVD (see DBZ, FotNS & Hana Yori Dango). I don't have the R2 DVD to confirm if it's any better so I'm not sure if it's an issue on their side or not.
                              If there is an actual stereo track and we're not getting it, I'm not sure if that's a dealbreaker or not... For this film it's more the visuals I'm in it for, so it may not be in this case.

I must consider these new developments...
                              Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                              ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                              ~ Last Watched: Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill
                              homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Did Viz do the remaster themselves from a film print and only had access to the optical track on the film itself, or was this transfer pre-prepared by Toei?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X