Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

https://twitter.com/DubTalkPodcast/s...62678337437696
    And sadly, no plans to stream the Sailor Moon S dub for the time being.

Comment

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/848187969219559424

Sailor Moon S Part 2 in May.

- 3-disc BD/DVD combo pack
      Episodes 109 - 127 uncut, uncropped and uncensored
      - All-new exclusive extras: interviews with the English voice cast; art gallery, opening and ending songs and much more

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/848200550843854849

Mentions as June release.

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/848205783892414464

No firm date in June yet for S Part 2 but Char says "hopefully before the solstice".
      Last edited by WTK; 04-01-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/848187969219559424

- 3-disc BD/DVD combo pack
        Episodes 109 - 127 uncut, uncropped and uncensored
        - All-new exclusive extras: interviews with the English voice cast; art gallery, opening and ending songs and much more
        The cast interviews in this set will have Erica Mendez, Lauren Landa & Christine Marie Cabanos which were taped back in April of last year.

Speaking of Extras, one has been confirmed for SuperS and was taped from Anime Boston.

https://twitter.com/Sailor_Moon_NA/s...04700295405568
        https://twitter.com/aonipro_kaigai/s...08268801220608

Toru Furuya participated in a video interview w/@RobbieDaymond! It will be included in @VizMedia's BD box release of Sailor Moon SS. https://twitter.com/torushome/status/848698265587429376
        Last edited by NJ_; 04-03-2017, 04:24 AM.
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Have they explained why this is taking so long? Part 2 should have been out months ago.

Comment

Sailor Moon R the Movie on Blu-Ray / DVD - Official English Trailer

Comment

- Sailor Moon S, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 470 minutes - $69.99 - 6/20/17
              Sailor Moon S part 2 contains episodes 109-127.

Special Features: Cast Interviews, Cast Commentary, Art Gallery, Opening & Ending Songs, and more!
              - Sailor Moon S, Part 2 (DVD) - 470 minutes - $39.99 - 6/20/17

Special Features: Trailers.
              Last edited by WTK; 04-13-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Special Features: Cast Interviews, Cast Commentary, Art Gallery, Opening & Ending Songs, and more!

Is it just me, or is it way more higher a priced, compared to the other part 2 blu releases? Rightstuf only has it for $62, but I'm sure it was way more discounted than that for the other releases... Normally I Day 1 pre-order them, but I might just wait a bit for this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post

Is it just me, or is it way more higher a priced, compared to the other part 2 blu releases? Rightstuf only has it for $62, but I'm sure it was way more discounted than that for the other releases... Normally I Day 1 pre-order them, but I might just wait a bit for this one...
                  I checked my order history since you got me curious. According to my order history, Sailor Moon Set 2 (Blu/DVD combo) had a list price of $69.99, BUT...I paid $52.99 for it AND it had a Gift with Purchase. I ordered that set relatively early, so yes, you are correct. Got Anime members got an extra discount, but as of now, it looks like there isn't an extra discount for Got Anime members. For Sailor Moon R part 2 it was $54.49 with yet another Gift with Purchase, so same thing. Maybe Viz knows people are going to buy it anyway so there's no incentive to reward people for pre-ordering?

Comment

Hmm, my TRSI preorders of Sailor Moon part 2 and Sailor Moon R part 2 were $52.99 and $54.49, respectively. So about $8-$10 more.

Haha, Art-chan posted while I was looking up my old emails. Same case for me... GotAnime member with the GWP.
                    Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                    ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                    ~ Last Watched: The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
                    homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

It's unusual how their releasing Part 2 of Sailor Moon S 7 months later compared to their previous releases being released every 3 months! I do not know how this is going to be a thing with their future Sailor Moon sets, because the usual solicitations of Viz Media's Blu-ray/DVD sets is every 3-4 months. I'm still perplexed on why they are now releasing their sets on select shows every 5-7 months?

Seems that Sailor Moon S took a LONG time to have it be released on Blu-ray/DVD ever since Viz remained quiet about its release date back in 2015 which was almost 2 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                        I checked my order history since you got me curious. According to my order history, Sailor Moon Set 2 (Blu/DVD combo) had a list price of $69.99, BUT...I paid $52.99 for it AND it had a Gift with Purchase. I ordered that set relatively early, so yes, you are correct. Got Anime members got an extra discount, but as of now, it looks like there isn't an extra discount for Got Anime members. For Sailor Moon R part 2 it was $54.49 with yet another Gift with Purchase, so same thing. Maybe Viz knows people are going to buy it anyway so there's no incentive to reward people for pre-ordering?
                        Looks like Right Stuf fixed the listing so that now with Got Anime the price is $56.69. That's still more than the previous releases, but it's better than the $62.99 pricing.

Comment

BD/DVD (gift with purchase) listing is now up: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor...lu-ray-DVD-GWP

Comment

^ Hooray!! Gift with Purchase!

Comment

BD/DVD (gift with purchase) listing is now up: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor...lu-ray-DVD-GWP
                              That's a good thing that the art cards are at least back! Price is still pretty high... Hmmm when was the last time they had a Viz sale? With the Himouto Collectors, there was a Sentai sale where they listed the pre-order for even cheaper...

Comment

And my preorder goes in for $56.69! Couldn't use my Stuf Bucks I earned last month towards it, though.
                                Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                                ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon SuperS; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                                ~ Last Watched: The Case of Hana & Alice; Sailor Moon S (+film); Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
                                homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X