Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Viz Media licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise)

https://twitter.com/Sailor_Moon_NA/s...93641103294464
    https://twitter.com/Sailor_Moon_NA/s...95212713205760

Another lovely thing about the Sailor Moon set is it will feature closed captions as well as English subtitles.

Wait a minute,are you talking about Song/Sign subs like with Ranma or CC subs that can be turned on via TV or online player?
    there will be standard subtitles, signs & songs AND a separate closed captions track for the dub.
    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Another lovely thing about the Sailor Moon set is it will feature closed captions as well as English subtitles.

Wait a minute,are you talking about Song/Sign subs like with Ranma or CC subs that can be turned on via TV or online player?
      there will be standard subtitles, signs & songs AND a separate closed captions track for the dub.

Viz is slowly but surely redeeming themselves for me...Now if only the other companies would do the same. Finally, closed caption for the hearing impaired!

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post

Neat, wouldn't mind if more anime releases had those 3 options, I think FUNi stated somewhere that they don't because it costs more to do those(?)
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

Neat, wouldn't mind if more anime releases had those 3 options, I think FUNi stated somewhere that they don't because it costs more to do those(?)

It really doesn't make much sense though...because adding them onto the DVD doesn't cost that much, but making them does. However, for almost all their shows, a closed caption track is made for their english dubbed itunes catalog, like this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...un/id888805591

Makes me kinda mad that they have them right there and don't put them on the DVDs/BDs themselves.

Comment

9 more copies of the gift with purchase release have surfaced.

Comment

Dub preview clips via Hulu:
              - The Sailor Guardians Fight Jadeite!
              - Usagi Transforms!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                Ami is sounding the best so far. Rei is alright, need to get used to it. Usagi is very fitting but will also need a little time to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  Ah, now we get two Sailor Senshi for the price of one. They both sound good. Weird hearing everybody with new English voices, and hearing Jadeite as a man.
                  Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

^Jadeite retained his gender in the DiC dub. Zoisite was the one who unfortunately received a sex change.
                    "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29313.html
                      Interview with VIZ's Aker and Hamric, Part 2

Anything else going on with VIZ that we haven’t talked about?

[..]

Hamric: On the anime side, just a small little thing called Sailor Moon. Couldn't be happier. For two weeks we had the number one show on Hulu, not just in our category, but the #1 show was Sailor Moon. It launched the week of Anime Expo at Fourth of July.

Aker: That is also gratifying because that is one that we knew would do well, but not that well. Then it just exploded.

Hamric: The pre-orders for the DVD/Blu-ray for this fall are already the largest VIZ has ever seen in its history. Mass is taking a tremendous position on this.

Aker: Which is amazing because with mass merchants (along with other retailers), there’s a caution around girls properties. Maybe the reason for Sailor Moon's popularity is you can watch it at age 8 or age 38. There’s the nostalgia buyers.

Comment

The hype is real it seems. Glad to see it's breaking expectations. Hopefully it'll allow Viz to start taking a few more risks when it comes to new pickups
                        "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

^ Maison Ikkoku! :D:D

But seriously, this is awesome news! I've been waiting five years for this to happen...
                          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post

But seriously, this is awesome news! I've been waiting five years for this to happen...
                            Gah...I thought you were talking about Maison Ikkoku blu-ray being released here. I got excited. Nuts.
                            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                              Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post

Gah...I thought you were talking about Maison Ikkoku blu-ray being released here. I got excited. Nuts.
                              That is exactly what I thought too.

Comment

^Heh, I also thought the same thing at first. My favorite show coming to Blu-ray would be the treat of a lifetime.

In regards to SM, I'm so happy that the pre-order volume surprised even Viz! I sure hope it keeps up this momentum with the later sets.
                                "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X