X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Discotek Media licenses Chi's Sweet Home & Chi's New Address

Widgets Magazine
    via Discotek Media Facebook page
    Chi's Sweet Home and Chi's New Address coming soon!
    LINK
    - Will you have marathon viewing mode to skip the opening after the first ep?

- We will have to check and see if it would be allowed. Usually the intros are required by the licensor to be at the beginning of each episode.

Original post:
    Any guesses?

EDIT (guesses): Hyper Police, Tokyo Mew Mew
    EDIT 2: (various guesses on FB page): Cat Soup, Catnapped, Chi's Sweet Home, Gunsmith Cats, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Nyanpire, Poyopoyo

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...47168055312297
    We licensed another anime with cats in it! There needs to be more cat anime out in the US. And soon there will be. We will announce officially soon!
    Last edited by WTK; 04-28-2014, 10:40 PM.

Re: Discotek Media new license is (has cats in it)?

Besides the two WTK mentioned, the only cat anime I can think of is The Star of Cottonland; that's probably a bit too obscure, though. Either of WTK's guesses seem more likely.

Edit: Also Night on the Galactic Railroad, I suppose, although that's also probably not the most likely choice either.
    Last edited by Glorian; 04-25-2014, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I edited a few more guesses taken from the FB page. A case could be made for Night on the Galactic Railroad (and also Gunsmith Cats).

Comment

If Poyopoyo or Chi's Sweet Home were licensed, I could die happy.

Comment

Please be Night On the Galactic Railroad.
          Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            I edited a few more guesses taken from the FB page. A case could be made for Night on the Galactic Railroad (and also Gunsmith Cats).
            With the way it's worded I think it's an anime with actual cats in it, not just the words Cats in the title. I seriously doubt it's Gunsmith Cats.
            "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
            -My Collection
            --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

God so many of these I want to be the right answer lol

As a new license PoyoPoyo or Chi would be great. As a rescue I would love to see Night on the Galactic Railroad

Oh I have another one - Around the World with Willy Fog. Just posted it on the FB page
              Last edited by BlaizeV; 04-25-2014, 04:12 AM.
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

This might be slightly out there, but there is Tama and Friends. Though it's not strictly cats, I think a large percentage of the cast is made up of them though.

EDIT: Decided to post my guesses there, as well, which were Tokyo Mew Mew, Chi, and Tama & Friends.
                Last edited by ChibiGoku; 04-25-2014, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Night on the Galactic Railroad seems "classic" enough to me to be a good Discotek pickup. I'd love to get it if they do.

Comment

Gunsmith Cats seems likely. It's a classic, and it's a former ADV title.

I would LOVE it to be Tokyo Mew Mew, but they did say "cats" (plural), and TMM has only one cat (Ichigo Momomiya). If they do rescue it, I hope they also do a Mew Mew Power set (cuz why not?).
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Maybe Spring and Chaos. But, I would love to see Night on the Galactic Railroad.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        Any guesses?

EDIT (guesses): Hyper Police, Tokyo Meow Meow
                        EDIT 2: (various guesses on FB page): Cat Soup, Catnapped, Chi's Sweet Home, Gunsmith Cats, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Nyanpire, Poyopoyo
                        I want all of these. Can Discotek create a "Cat" Line like Funimation's "Anime Classics"?
                        Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                        Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                        Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Nuku Nuku, maybe?

Comment

So would I. >^.^<

Another possible candidate might be Magical Meow Meow Taruto.

Comment

Originally posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
                              So would I. >^.^<

Another possible candidate might be Magical Meow Meow Taruto.
                              I'm Surprised Crunchyroll didn't see it fit to put a DVD set out for PoyoPoyo. I mean given how much they were pushing all the merchandise they did (I have a face cushion and the talking Poyo) although I guess DVDs are obviously the opposite of what CR are all about
                              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X