Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Soul Eater Not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Soul Eater Not!

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...14-simulcasts/

We have the streaming rights to Soul Eater Not! and Riddle Story of Devil!

Soul Eater Not! synopsis:
    Get ready to meet the newest class at Death Weapon Meister Academy! Tsugumi Harudori and her outrageous friends make up the NOT class at this stylish school dedicated to training living, breathing weapons and uniting them with the Meisters who’ll wield them! Soul Eater fanatics will be psyched to meet these epic new characters – and catch up with all their favorites from the original series. Don’t miss a minute of the adventure as Tsugumi and her pals weave their own exciting tale of deadly life at DWMA!

Soul Eater Not! will premiere on our site tomorrow for subscribers at 3:40 pm CT/4:40pm ET. Be sure to catch new episodes every Tuesday at 3:40pm CT on http://funimation.com/soul-eater-not.
    EDIT: Rights being handled by Media Factory and Kadokawa Pictures jointly.
    Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 04-07-2014, 04:19 PM.

Re: FUNimation Licenses Soul Eater NOT!

Not surprised but I'm still glad Funi is going for this spinoff series.

Comment

I figured it was only a matter of when FUNi would pick this up given they have the rights to the original Soul Eater series already. I'm looking forward to this one.
      My Anime List - My Collection
      Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
      Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
      Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Interesting a joint with Media Factory and Kadokawa which hopefully doesn't screw over the chances of this being brought over on Bluray over here though considering the fact Kadokawa titles like Date A Live is getting a Bluray treatment but Red Data Girl is only DVD still gets me worried.

Comment

Media Factory is a brand label for Kadokawa now, they merged all their labels together and they are now collectively known as Kadokawa.
          • 10月1日 - 連結子会社9社(株式会社角川書店、株式会社アスキー・メディアワークス、株式会社角川マガジンズ、株式会 社メディアファクトリー、株式会社エンターブレ イン、株式会社中経出版、株式会社富士見書房、株式会社角川学芸出版、株式会社角川プロダクション)を吸収 合併。角川プロダクションを除く8社はいずれも 社内ブランドカンパニーとして存続する。この日より提供クレジットやCMの最後に挿入されるサウンドロゴも基本的にKADOKAWAに統一[注 1]し、商号に「角川」を冠したグループ企業についていた不死鳥マークも引き継いだ。キャッチコピ ーは「新しい物語をつくろう。」。
          Last edited by Tratious; 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

No surprises here. Curious on the series length though.

Soul Eater Not! - Offical PV

Comment

That's a license that everybody expected. Anyway, it's a show that's going to be much different from Soul Eater, and I am looking forward to catching this spinoff series.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
              Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
              Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I hope it's good enough for me to want to buy the eventual Blu-ray releases. Or maybe I could hope it was bad enough that I'd probably be able to stick to Crunchyroll for the entirety of my simulcasts this season. But not really, no. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: FUNimation Licenses Soul Eater Not!

Series started to stream on Hulu earlier today: http://www.hulu.com/soul-eater-not.

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...-video-rights/
                    Soul Eater Not! Home Video Rights
                    Posted by Michelle on 09/27/2014 at 4:45pm

We are pleased to announce that we have acquired the Blu-ray and DVD rights for Soul Eater Not! The series is expected to release in summer 2015, and it will include an English dub track.

Comment

^ Obvious announcement is obvious, but it's nice to get confirmation anyway. (I still need to watch the ORIGINAL Soul Eater. )

Comment

Nice to see they got BD rights off the bat for a Kadokawa title.
                        My Anime List
                        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                          Nice to see they got BD rights off the bat for a Kadokawa title.
                          Honestly, whatever the reason for that strangely localized to FUNimation embargo I think it's pretty much over with the exception of some odd ducks.

Comment

Well, I think Soul Eater Not is more of a Media Factory-branded show. So I'm not entirely sure if it's indicative of Kadokawa shows that don't have that logo.
                            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 09-27-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                              ^ Obvious announcement is obvious, but it's nice to get confirmation anyway. (I still need to watch the ORIGINAL Soul Eater. )
                              This is actually a side story and the events of this spinoff occur before the start of the original series. So there's no need to watch the original, but it's highly recommended that you watch it. That said, this is a pretty obvious announcement, but still it is a good thing it gets confirmed. The cast for the returning characters should all be back, except maybe for Shay Moore who hasn't been doing any voice work since her role as Nygus. Todd Haberkorn and Cherami Leigh have moved to LA, but as long as Fairy Tail is still going they will be there. While I'm pretty certain that Laura Bailey will be back for her role, she hasn't been doing anything on the anime front lately.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                              Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
                              Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X