Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sakura-Con 2014 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Sakura-Con (April 18 - 20, 2014 @ Seattle, WA) | Panels Schedule | bayoab live feed

Friday, April 18, 2014
    - Aniplex of America Industry Panel | 1:30pm - 2:30pm
    - Viz Industry Panel | 4:30pm - 5:30pm

Saturday, April 19, 2014
    - Crunchyroll Industry Panel | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
    - Yen Press Industry Panel | 1:30pm - 2:30pm
    - Dark Horse Industry Panel | 3:00pm - 4:00pm
    - FUNimation Industry Panel | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
    Last edited by WTK; 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM.

Re: Sakura-Con 2014 Discussion Thread

If M3 isnt announced this week or next week, then I imagine it would be announced by someone at this con.

And obligatory Valvrave BD Aniplex anticipated statement of release and a Viz announcement of Free!
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Well, I can say for certain that I'll be attending Sakura-con for the first time this year. Hopefully something juicy will develop there. I haven't decided yet which panels I'll be checking out, but I will keep my eye on the AoA, Viz, and Funimation panels if I have the time for them. This will be my biggest anime-centric convention I'll have attended, with Megacon probably being the biggest multimedia convention I've attended. It's also the first one where I'm flying to attend. Looking forward to it for sure. It's just about only two weeks away at this point!
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...-to-sakuracon/
        Look out, Seattle! We’re heading to Sakuracon!
        Posted by Michelle on 04/14/2014 at 10:46am

We are heading up north again this weekend for SakuraCon! Are you as excited as we are for the event? We have a ton of fun things planned, so read on for all of the details.

We have two English dub premieres scheduled this weekend.

Code:Breaker will screen on Friday, April 18th at 6:30 PM in Panels 1 (6C).

[...]

Haganai NEXT will screen on Saturday, April 19th at 6:00 PM in Panels 1(6C).

[...]

SakuraCon is presenting a special screening of the Attack on Titan English dub on April 19th at 1:30 in Panels 1 (6C) with a Q&A to follow with the Japanese voice actors and staff!

To round out our panels for the weekend, make sure to not miss the FUNimation Industry Panel in Panels 2 (4C-2) on April 19th at 4:00 PM.

In booth news, we are bringing along all of your favorites, and maybe even a couple new surprises before they hit their street date. The lucky draw is making its return, restocked with fun goodies!

Spend $75 at the booth and you will receive a FUNimation lanyard!
        Spend $125 at the booth and you get the FUNimation lanyard, and an additional draw from our middle tier of goodies!
        Spend $200 at the booth and you will get a FUNimation lanyard, middle tier and top tier drawing!

Looking forward to seeing everybody in Washington this weekend!!
        EDIT: omitted above from FUNimation

http://www.sakuracon.org/schedule/SC2014_Schedule.pdf
        Friday
        (4:15)

Tetsuya Nakatake Showcase: Hal (SC-10, sub)
        Last edited by WTK; 04-14-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

So here is what I can see each company announcing at the panels this weekend.

Aniplex - Dub and BD release info for Valvrave, release info for Oreimo 2
          Viz - License for Knights of Sidonia, and possibly for titles from past seasons like Free! or Arpeggio of Blue Steel, new titles for Neon Alley, dub cast for Blood Lad
          Funimation - Dub cast for The Devil is a Part-Timer, announce a new license from past seasons

Anyway, with shows being licensed prior to the Japanese broadcast that not much is being announced at cons these days.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

My expectations:

Aniplex- Valvrave release plans (possible dub), Silver Spoon s1 release plans

Viz- Possible simulcast of M3(if they're gonna be doing anything this season), Free!, K: Missing Kings official announcement (we already kinda know they have it), maybe one other backlog show and Blood Lad dub cast

Funimation- Dub casts for Devil is a Part Timer and Ben-To
            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Aniplex of America - Valvrave release plans (Probably a dub cast too if that's happening), Silver Spoon and Day Break Illusion DVD releases
              Viz Media - Blood Lad dub cast, Free!, K: Missing Kings
              FUNimation - The Devil is a Part-Timer and Hal dub casts, rehashed Attack on Titan Toonami announcement, some backlog home video rights announcements (MAYBE something brand new)

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                Aniplex of America - Valvrave release plans (Probably a dub cast too if that's happening), Silver Spoon and Day Break Illusion DVD releases
                FUNimation - The Devil is a Part-Timer and Hal dub casts, rehashed Attack on Titan Toonami announcement, some backlog home video rights announcements (MAYBE something brand new)
                Isnt it kind of too soon for Day Break Illusion, thought its final jpn disc only just released late last month, unless that doesnt affect dvd releases?
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                  Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                  Isnt it kind of too soon for Day Break Illusion, thought its final jpn disc only just released late last month, unless that doesnt affect dvd releases?
                  Considering Servant x Service is dropping in May (JPN final release in Feb), unless they plan on dubbing it or releasing it on Blu-Ray there shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Silver Spoon must come to Blu ray. I will shed many tears if not : (
                    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Geez, is there a reason Viz may possibly get Free?
                      Mari can't pull herself together because the Girl Friends Complete Collection 2 is about to be released by Seven Seas ON JANUARY 8TH or else Akko will get.....
                      Girls' Love Festival 10!!! 9/29/2013, On the edge of October; not exactly Labor Day!
                      Follow my VERY useful thoughts on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by angelx03 View Post
                        Geez, is there a reason Viz may possibly get Free?
                        Neon Alley kinda teased about someone grabbing Free! a few months back.

Anyways, what I'm predicting at Sakura-con:
                        Aniplex USA: Probably more info release about Valvrave, and probably a dub announcement of either Kill La Kill or Valvrave.
                        Funimation: Code;Breaker dub cast (or some other summer anime release dub cast), recap of the spring 2014 anime they are streaming. Nothing new.
                        Viz Media: Probably Blood Lad, Gargantia, and Coppelion dub casts. More manga licensing and maybe 1-2 anime pickups (really hope Strike the Blood is one of them).
                        Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZ...tal_comments=1 (Viz Media)
                          - Do you have any anime licensing announcements to make at Sakura-con?

- Since we made so many announcements recently, there are no BIG announcements, but we do have an announcement on one new manga title.

Comment

What many new announcements?

Hoping the manga is twin star exorcists or Haikyuu!!, but its probably from some alternative line like shonen sunday.

Comment

Quick question: Is anybody doing any live streams for the panels?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X