Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Appleseed Alpha

Widgets Magazine
    I guess there wasn't a thread for this yet. Prefix tag is placeholder.

EDIT: Amazon DE has DVD and Blu-ray listed for pre-order (July 31, 2014) under Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Don't be surprised if this is direct to video release (or close to it).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ppleseed-alpha
    First Look: Appleseed Alpha

The latest installment in the manga/anime franchise arrives this summer.
    February 11, 2014

Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Lucent Pictures Entertainment have announced the sci-fi adventure Appleseed Alpha. The CG-animated film is the latest installment in the franchise based on the original Appleseed manga by Shirow Masamune (Ghost in the Shell) and published by Seishinsha.

Appleseed Alpha is a reboot that will depict the early days of Deunan and Briareos in search of the legendary city of Olympus. Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed, Starship Troopers Invasion, Space Pirate Captain Harlock) will direct and Joseph Chou (Appleseed Ex-Machina, Halo Legends) will produce.

We’ve got the first image from the film right here: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...ha-610x343.jpg

Appleseed Alpha will be released this summer. Stay tuned to IGN for more details on the project soon!
    Last edited by WTK; 03-30-2014, 12:27 PM.

Re: Appleseed Alpha

I liked the first 2 decently I guess if Sony gets Seraphim to do the dub for continuity I'll maybe see it eventually.

Comment

via Amazon.com

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ailer-released | Trailer
      Appleseed Alpha Blu-ray Announced, Trailer Released

The popular Appleseed franchise continues with an all-new CG-animated prequel Appleseed Alpha, available on Blu-ray and DVD July 22, with an advance Digital release on July 15. IGN also has your first exclusive look at the film, including screenshots and the official, never-before-seen trailer.

World-renowned anime filmmaker Shinji Aramaki (Starship Troopers: Invasion) helms the latest installment in the sci-fi adventure series based on the original comic books by Ghost in the Shell creator Shirow Masamune. In Appleseed Alpha, the story depicts the early days of female soldier Deunan and her cyborg partner, Briareos, as they embark on a whirlwind journey in search of the legendary city of Olympus.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has packed the Blu-ray and DVD release with a director's commentary and -- count 'em -- 11 making-of featurettes that track Alpha Appleseed's production from script to screen.

What's more, the animated film features a soundtrack (release date TBA), with 12 songs from today's top international music artists: Yasutaka Nakata (Capsule), Skrillex & Alvin Risk, Androp, DJ Fumiya (Rip Slyme), Passepied, Q;indivi+, tofubeats, AKLO, 80KIDZ, Nishi-ken, and Ram Rider.

Square Enix will also release Play Arts Kai figurines of Deunan and Briareos this summer, with Hot Toys also developing high-end 1/6th-scale articulated figures for a future release.
      Last edited by WTK; 05-12-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Screenshots via Blu-ray.com

Comment

Hmm, looks good and apparently is. Will put it on the shelf in the near future.

Comment

Those are some nice screenshots there. It looks good.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
            Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
            Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Join Shinji Aramaki at San Diego Comic-Con for the Appleseed: Alpha Fan Screening

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/applesee...ts-11858955455
              APPLESEED ALPHA
              Friday, July 25, 2014 from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
              San Diego, CA

Screening of Sony's APPLESEED ALPHA at SDCC. Seating is on a first come, first served basis. This film is rated PG-13.

Comment

Hey, I just rented this from Redbox. Does anyone know if I need to watch any other Appleseed material before viewing it?
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                  Hey, I just rented this from Redbox. Does anyone know if I need to watch any other Appleseed material before viewing it?
                  I haven't watched it yet but it is a prequel, so you should have no problems with it. The animated Appleseed essentially all stands on its own, really just the manga that has major storyline continuities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin The Third View Post
                    Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                    I haven't watched it yet but it is a prequel, so you should have no problems with it. The animated Appleseed essentially all stands on its own, really just the manga that has major storyline continuities.
                    It's alternately been referred to as a prequel and a reboot, so short of actually watching it I'm not clear on which it is. It could be both at once. Whatever the case, though, having it be the first Appleseed anything you've seen shouldn't be a problem.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Pretty much the whole Appleseed Anime Franchise is a reboot like the Blood franchise and Lupin
                      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X