X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [4KUHD] Discotek Media licenses Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro

Widgets Magazine
    via Discotek Media Facebook page
    Castle of Cagliostro. DVD and Blu Ray. The DVD will come out first, probably in August. Blu ray will be end of year or early 2015. Both English dubs will be included, it will have the original intro along with the Japanese language and English subs.
    Last edited by WTK; 11-12-2019, 03:45 PM.

Re: Discotek Media licenses Castle of Cagliostro

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    My Anime List
    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Re: Discotek Media licenses Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro

Via Reed Nelson's comment from The facebook post comments

I've already recorded an audio commentary for this title. Other special features are TBD.
      My Anime List
      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Very impressed with the bluray option. I'll definitely get this.

Comment

Excellent. Will get the blu-ray.

Comment

BD for me. It will be my 4th copy.

Comment

Nice Discotek!
              Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
              Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
              Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Will get the Blu-ray for sure! This should go great with Miyazaki's other films!
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

With the JP (and UK release, IIRC) being 1080i from an old master, I assume this will be as well. It will be interesting to see if this has any authoring problems, but Discotek can probably be trusted.

Comment

Finally this movie will get an unedited US release. I'm curious to see if there's anything Discotek can do to improve on the original 1080i transfer. The UK BD release actually made it slightly worse by adding some extra noise.

Comment

Hell yeah! That's exactly what I was hoping for and expecting from Discotek for their Lupin Blu-ray. Supremely excited for this one, and I'll be pre-ordering ASAP. I hope it does real well for them, and I expect it should considering its cachet and following.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I would have rather Discotek had waited until Japan gave it a new HD telecine instead of using the current old interlaced master. I assume Justin Sevakis will be authoring the BD though. He might be able to IVTC it to make it progressive.
                        Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

I'm not surprised by the license rescue (if anything why it took this long). I'm very curious of how the Blu-ray release will come out.

Comment

Very nice, now I can upgrade from Manga's special edition DVD which unfortunately uses a double-sided disc. Definitely will try picking up the Blu-ray when it comes out.
                            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

I haven't been buying Discotek's Lupin releases, but this is obviously a special one, so I'm very glad to see them bring it out on Blu-ray, especially with both dubs. A shame the wait for Blu-ray will be longer, but hopefully they can get it out by the end of the year, in which case it won't be much of a gap at all. I never actually bought this movie, so it will be very nice to have this release, even if Discotek's releases do look a tad hideous.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...