Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dashclayton
    replied
    Re: Pokémon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

Originally posted by Reuben Green View Post
    If you wouldn't mind, screen caps would be lovely, thank you. Plus any other Pokémon releases including 4-7 in case the quality is slightly different. Thank you.
    Sorry for the delay, screen caps below.

Also a heads up for anyone who purchased/wants to purchase the 4 Pack Echo Bridge Blu-ray that included Pokemon 4Ever, I strongly recommend purchasing the iTunes 1080p version as it uses a different, cleaner master (more details below).

Pokémon 4Ever 1080p screen captures (iTunes first, Echo Bridge BD second):

1|1, 2|2, 3|3, 4|4, 5|5, 6|6, 7|7, 8|8, 9|9, 10|10

Like the first Pokemon movie on the Australian Blu-ray, the iTunes version of movie 4 appears to be made from the JP remastered version partially spliced in with footage sourced from the original film masters used from the US theatrical release/DVDs/Blu-rays put out by Echo Bridge/Miramax.

It seems the spliced in footage is limited to only the English credits, text and the specifically American animated scenes. As a result, the aspect ratio is now correct for the majority of the film, there's little to no telecine wobble and the overall quality is a lot less dark and much cleaner.

Pokémon The Rise of Darkrai 1080p screen captures:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Pokémon Giratina and the Sky Warrior 1080p screen captures:

Pokémon the Movie Genesect and the Legend Awakened 1080p screen captures:

Pokémon the Movie Hoopa and the Clash of Ages 1080p screen captures:

Originally posted by Felis View Post
    What is the chance that Viz will do a standard edition Blu-ray release of Pokemon Movies 1-3? I would like to own these on Blu-ray but I really hate Steelbooks. I'll probably get the Limited Edition anyway since I don't want to miss out in case it sells out, doesn't get a reprint, and we don't get standard edition Blu-ray's.
    I'd say there's a pretty decent chance, Australia just released a Standard Amaray Version only a couple months after the initial Metalpak Version (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/889122/).

I believe every single movie is up on iTunes and in 1080P
    Actually, movies 5-7 are still not available in 1080p or any digital platform yet.

Except for movies 4-7, Viz has distribution rights to the rest of the movies, including movie 8.
    I think Viz might've acquired movie 4's rights since they managed to get it on digital platforms (plus no mention of Echo Bridge or Miramax here).

Thanks but I have no interest in digital releases. If the Blu-ray release of movies 1-3 does well, I don't see why they wouldn't go back and start re-releasing the other movies on Blu-ray.
    If you've got some spare cash, I'd still recommend getting movie 8 in HD through iTunes. The picture quality is very good and it could still be quite a while till Viz/Warner decide to re-release other Pokemon movies on Blu-ray - I imagine the upcoming 3 movie pack was designed as a once-off to specifically capitalize on nostalgia and Pokemon's 20th Anniversary.
    Last edited by dashclayton; 02-05-2016, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

via Amazon:
    - Pokémon - Johto League Champions: Complete Collection - 1220 minutes - $44.82 - 4/26/16

Leave a comment:

• Felis
    replied

Thanks but I have no interest in digital releases. Except for movies 4-7, Viz has distribution rights to the rest of the movies, including movie 8. If the Blu-ray release of movies 1-3 does well, I don't see why they wouldn't go back and start re-releasing the other movies on Blu-ray.

Leave a comment:

• Reuben Green
    replied

What is the chance that Viz will do a standard edition Blu-ray release of Pokemon Movies 1-3? I would like to own these on Blu-ray but I really hate Steelbooks. I'll probably get the Limited Edition anyway since I don't want to miss out in case it sells out, doesn't get a reprint, and we don't get standard edition Blu-ray's.

Now if only we could just get a Blu-ray release of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Maybe someday. Movies 1-3 and 8 are my favorites.
    I believe every single movie is up on iTunes and in 1080P, if you look further back in the thread ou will find screenshots from Movie 8, however due to distribution rights we may not see every film getting a new physical blu-ray release.

Leave a comment:

• Felis
    replied

Now if only we could just get a Blu-ray release of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Maybe someday. Movies 1-3 and 8 are my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Reuben Green
    replied

If you wouldn't mind, screen caps would be lovely, thank you. Plus any other Pokémon releases including 4-7 in case the quality is slightly different. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• dashclayton
    replied

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    Also someone should let Viz know we want the Pikachu shorts included. It would be weird for them not to be included, especially since the credits mention them too, and list their songs, etc. They're a part of the films.
    Assuming the US release uses the same masters as the Australian Blu-ray release, it's actually even stranger that they won't/didn't include the Pikachu shorts. The remastered movies have newly typed credits but the First Movie credits still mention Vitamin C's 'Vacation'.

I'm really hoping Darkrai, Giratina, Genesect & Hoopa are in HD, then we will have every Pokémon movie in HD available! :D
    I can confirm that all movies released on iTunes are in 1080p HD. I'll probably get them all from iTunes eventually, but from the new batch I only got Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai, Pokémon: Giratina & the Sky Warrior, Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened and Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages as those are the only movies without an English Blu-ray release or weren't previously on iTunes. If anyone wants screen captures or specs, just let me know.

Minor side note; in case you haven't seen - the new iTunes poster artwork for Pokémon the Movie 2000, Pokémon 3: The Movie and Pokémon 4Ever are terrific and much closer to the original Japanese posters.
    Last edited by dashclayton; 01-24-2016, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Reuben Green
    replied

I'm really hoping Darkrai, Giratina, Genesect & Hoopa are in HD, then we will have every Pokémon movie in HD available! :D

Leave a comment:

• dashclayton
    replied

As part of Pokemon's 20th Anniversary, the following movies are getting Digital Distribution via iTunes Store, Amazon, and Google Play (information from Pokemon.com).

- Pokémon: The First Movie
    - Pokémon the Movie 2000
    - Pokémon 3: The Movie
    - Pokémon 4Ever
    - Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai
    - Pokémon: Giratina & the Sky Warrior
    - Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life
    - Pokémon—Zoroark: Master of Illusions
    - Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram
    - Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom
    - Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice
    - Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened
    - Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

Since the first 3 movies are getting re-released on Blu-ray (likely the same version as the Australian version - so no Pikachu shorts/extras), hopefully this bodes well for the other movies getting Blu-ray re-releases (still hopeful for shorts and extras as well).
    Last edited by dashclayton; 01-14-2016, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

via Amazon:
    - Pokémon Movie 18: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages - 75 minutes - $19.97 - 3/8/16

Leave a comment:

• sailorneorune
    replied

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
    Originally posted by sailorneorune View Post
    The Pikachu shorts being removed seems a little bit weird to me. I'm not certain they require as much work to translate as the main feature (just Pokémon names for the most part, and maybe a narrator)... maybe it's an issue with the Japanese end credits (since many of those featured fan art)? The Pikachu shorts are often the best part, and it's a shame to see them not available with newer printings of the movies (or newer movies released outside Japan!). We should request the shorts put back in or released as its own set. I'd be fine either way, to be honest, as long as they're available.
    Are you suggesting that they are redubbing the movies? I don't think they are, considering that it would take way too much time and money for a redub. Not to mention that the new cast sucks.

As for the Pikachu shorts, I really don't care if they include them or not. They literally add nothing to the story and are just pointless filler that reduced the runtime of the main feature. It's one of the reasons why I'm still bitter that they brought them back from M15 onwards...
    I'm talking about the Pikachu shorts being removed from the re-releases of the 4kids-dubbed movies (1-8), and being streaming-only for the newer ones (the newer movies get released on DVD minus Pikachu shorts).

On a more positive note, I got Johto Journeys in the mail yesterday, and watched a few episodes. Warm fuzzies ensued.

Leave a comment:

• Kazemon15
    replied

Having got an amazon gift card for christmas, I took it upon myself to buy and check the Pokemon Johto journeys complete collection. I can confirm for my fellow hard of hearing/deaf fans that it does indeed have closed caption for the hearing impaired. It just doesnt say so on the box, which can be misleading. The theme song is also not captioned, but the episodes themselves are.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    BestBuy.com notes the Movies 1 to 3 Blu-ray Collection release as a SteelBook LE release.

Leave a comment:

• Asrialys
    replied

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
    Are you suggesting that they are redubbing the movies? I don't think they are, considering that it would take way too much time and money for a redub. Not to mention that the new cast sucks.
    And they might change the entire score if they went that far :/

Leave a comment:

• JacksonHoltorp
    replied

Amazon product pages aren't always 100% accurate right away, but FWIW it seems now the DVD listings for Movies 1 & 2 do have the Pikachu shorts included in the Editorial Reviews section

- Pokémon Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back - $14.98 - 2/9/16
    Pokemon The Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back (DVD)
    Pikachu, Misty, Brock and the other loveable Pokémon warriors bring their fun-filled adventures to the big screen! In a fantasy world populated by imaginary creatures called "Pokémon," Ash, a young boy on his way to becoming the world's best Pokémon trainer, finds himself up against the vengeful and genetically engineered Mew Two. Lured to a remote island, Ash and his friends must outwit their deadly opponent and his warriors in order to save the world. Fast-paced animated adaptation based on the hit TV show and card game that swept the world! Featuring original songs by Christina Aguilera, M2M and Baby Spice. Also featuring the 22-minute short "Pikachu's Vacation."
    - Pokémon Movie 2: The Power of One - $14.98 - 2/16/16
    Pokemon The Movie 2: The Power of One (DVD)
    The sequel to the animated box office smash that swept the world. Adapted from the hit TV show, this fast-paced adventure follows Ash, the young heroic Pokemon trainer, as he battles a greedy Pokemon collector who tries to disrupt the harmonious forces of nature. Featuring the short "Pikachu's Rescue Adventure" in addition to the full-length feature.
    Maybe the info will be added later on but I'd like to know if these movies will be widescreen; weren't the original DVD releases fullscreen?

*Should've checked the DVD/BD cover thread first. Back of the covers say 16x9
    Last edited by JacksonHoltorp; 12-20-2015, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X