Widgets Magazine

Pokemon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pokémon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

Back in-print...

via Amazon | Viz Media
    - Pokémon Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back - $14.98 - 2/9/16
    - Pokémon Movie 2: The Power of One - $14.98 - 2/9/16
    - Pokémon Movie 3: Spell of the Unknown - $14.98 - 2/9/16
    - Pokémon Movies 1 to 3 Collection (Blu-ray) - $39.99 - 2/9/16
    Last edited by WTK; 12-31-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Terrific these are coming back out! The Blu-ray edition will be a for sure purchase for me! I'll hold onto my Warner triple feature though because it looks like these won't have any of the original bonus features. Hope they'll at least have the Pikachu shorts.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Looks like the Pickachu shorts are missing from the new Viz Blu-ray and DVD release. Guess I will hold on to my old DVDs.

Comment

Will Pokemon Origins ever get a domestic DVD release?
          Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
          Watching: Dagashi Kashi
          Reading: School-Live!
          Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
          Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
            Looks like the Pickachu shorts are missing from the new Viz Blu-ray and DVD release. Guess I will hold on to my old DVDs.
            The run times make me think otherwise. The Pikachu shorts were built into the movie run times when these movies were released theaterically. They seem to be the same run time from back then.
            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Finally these films are coming to blu ray! Will be picking these up for sure
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Very interested to see how these will differ (or mirror) from the blu-ray set we just got in Australia. It's great that these 3 films are being released again as they were easily the best ones of the 18 current movies (might just be the nostalgia talking, but I genuinely believe this), but not having the Pikachu shorts in the Australian set just makes it feel slightly incomplete. Hopefully someone can make comparisons once the US version is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                  Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
                  The run times make me think otherwise. The Pikachu shorts were built into the movie run times when these movies were released theaterically. They seem to be the same run time from back then.
                  Blu-ray listing: 4 hours 15 minutes
                  DVD set: 4 hours 49 minutes (out of print DVD movie collection)
                  http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Movies...on+first+movie

Comment

May have to stick with the DVD version of The Power of One on this one. As much as I would love to own these movies on Blu-ray, I don't really care for movies 1 & 3 enough to get the Blu-ray set.
                    I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                    Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

I have a question, did anyone get the release of Pokemon Johto complete collection? Can anyone confirm if there are either closed captioning or subtitle option on the DVDs?

Thanks.

Comment

Also someone should let Viz know we want the Pikachu shorts included. It would be weird for them not to be included, especially since the credits mention them too, and list their songs, etc. They're a part of the films.

The other DVD extras weren't too substantial, but movies 1 and 3 had commentaries from Michael Haigney and Norman Grossfeld from 4Kids that are surprisingly interesting to listen to. The other extras were music-related (behind-the-scenes recording the soundtrack, M2M music video, outdoor concert performances, etc).

I hope they also reissue Mewtwo Returns. That's my favorite Pokemon anything! I only have it on VHS, so I hope they have the Mewtwo's origin short that was on Warner's DVD.
                        Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 12-17-2015, 11:08 PM.
                        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

The Pikachu shorts being removed seems a little bit weird to me. I'm not certain they require as much work to translate as the main feature (just Pokémon names for the most part, and maybe a narrator)... maybe it's an issue with the Japanese end credits (since many of those featured fan art)? The Pikachu shorts are often the best part, and it's a shame to see them not available with newer printings of the movies (or newer movies released outside Japan!). We should request the shorts put back in or released as its own set. I'd be fine either way, to be honest, as long as they're available.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorneorune View Post
                            The Pikachu shorts being removed seems a little bit weird to me. I'm not certain they require as much work to translate as the main feature (just Pokémon names for the most part, and maybe a narrator)... maybe it's an issue with the Japanese end credits (since many of those featured fan art)? The Pikachu shorts are often the best part, and it's a shame to see them not available with newer printings of the movies (or newer movies released outside Japan!). We should request the shorts put back in or released as its own set. I'd be fine either way, to be honest, as long as they're available.
                            Are you suggesting that they are redubbing the movies? I don't think they are, considering that it would take way too much time and money for a redub. Not to mention that the new cast sucks.

As for the Pikachu shorts, I really don't care if they include them or not. They literally add nothing to the story and are just pointless filler that reduced the runtime of the main feature. It's one of the reasons why I'm still bitter that they brought them back from M15 onwards...
                            I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                            Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Amazon product pages aren't always 100% accurate right away, but FWIW it seems now the DVD listings for Movies 1 & 2 do have the Pikachu shorts included in the Editorial Reviews section

- Pokémon Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back - $14.98 - 2/9/16
                              Pokemon The Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back (DVD)
                              Pikachu, Misty, Brock and the other loveable Pokémon warriors bring their fun-filled adventures to the big screen! In a fantasy world populated by imaginary creatures called "Pokémon," Ash, a young boy on his way to becoming the world's best Pokémon trainer, finds himself up against the vengeful and genetically engineered Mew Two. Lured to a remote island, Ash and his friends must outwit their deadly opponent and his warriors in order to save the world. Fast-paced animated adaptation based on the hit TV show and card game that swept the world! Featuring original songs by Christina Aguilera, M2M and Baby Spice. Also featuring the 22-minute short "Pikachu's Vacation."
                              - Pokémon Movie 2: The Power of One - $14.98 - 2/16/16
                              Pokemon The Movie 2: The Power of One (DVD)
                              The sequel to the animated box office smash that swept the world. Adapted from the hit TV show, this fast-paced adventure follows Ash, the young heroic Pokemon trainer, as he battles a greedy Pokemon collector who tries to disrupt the harmonious forces of nature. Featuring the short "Pikachu's Rescue Adventure" in addition to the full-length feature.
                              Maybe the info will be added later on but I'd like to know if these movies will be widescreen; weren't the original DVD releases fullscreen?

*Should've checked the DVD/BD cover thread first. Back of the covers say 16x9
                              Last edited by JacksonHoltorp; 12-20-2015, 05:47 PM.
                              http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
                              https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
                                Are you suggesting that they are redubbing the movies? I don't think they are, considering that it would take way too much time and money for a redub. Not to mention that the new cast sucks.
                                And they might change the entire score if they went that far :/
                                @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X