Widgets Magazine

Pokemon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Pokemon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

Widgets Magazine
    [::: format/work in progress :::]

TV series

Series 1
    • Season 1: Indigo League (80 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 3 sets
    • Season 2: Adventures on the Orange Islands (36 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 1 set
    • Season 3: The Johto Journeys (41 eps) | Previously released on DVD singles by Viz Media, but currently OOP!
    • Season 4: Johto League Champions (52 eps) | Previously released on DVD singles by Viz Media, but currently OOP!
    • Season 5: Master Quest (64 eps) | Previously released on 2 DVD sets by Viz Media, but currently OOP!

Series 2 (Advanced Generation)
    • Season 6: Advanced (40 eps) | Previously released on DVD singles & 2 DVD sets by Viz Media, but currently OOP!
    • Season 7: Advanced Challenge (52 eps) | Previously released on DVD singles by Viz Media, but currently OOP!
    • Season 8: Advanced Battle (52 eps) | Previously released on DVD singles by Viz Media, but currently OOP!
    • Season 9: Battle Frontier (47 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 2 sets

Series 3 (Diamond & Pearl)
    • Season 10: Diamond and Pearl (51 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 3 sets
    • Season 11: Diamond and Pearl - Battle Dimension (52 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 3 sets
    • Season 12: Diamond and Pearl - Galactic Battles (52 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 4 sets
    • Season 13: Diamond and Pearl - Sinnoh League Victors (34 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 3 sets

Series 4 (Best Wishes!)
    • Season 14: Black & White (48 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 4 sets
    • Season 15: Black & White - Rival Destinies (49 eps) | Released on DVD by Viz Media in 2 sets so far
      ---
    • Season 16: Black & White - Adventures in Unova (25 eps)
    • Season 17: Black & White - Adventures in Unova and Beyond

Series 5 (XY)
    • Season 18: XY

Movies

[to be updated]

OVAs

[to be updated]

Specials

[to be updated]
    Last edited by WTK; 05-29-2017, 12:56 AM.

Re: Pokémon (TV, movies, OVAs, specials)

- http://www.hulu.com/pokemon
    - http://www.hulu.com/pokemon-origins

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...-s-1201077879/
    Pokemon Toons Coming to Hulu in the U.S.

Hulu hopes Pokemon fans will want to “catch ‘em all” — by signing up as paying subscribers.

Pokemon Co. International and Hulu cut a pact to bring animated titles based on the Japanese monster videogame franchise to the free Hulu service and the subscription Hulu Plus.

All visitors to Hulu.com in the U.S. can now watch the “Pokemon Origins” animated special, which tells the story in the first videogames; five episodes from the first season of the Diamond & Pearl story arc. Other content launching soon on the free version of Hulu will be the first two episodes of “Pokémon the Series: XY.”

Subscribers of Hulu Plus ($7.99 monthly) will get access to more, including: the first season of the Diamond & Pearl story arc (season 10), with three additional seasons coming soon (seasons 11–13); the full four-part “Pokémon Origins” animated special; and feature-length animated movie “Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai.”

Upcoming Pokemon content on Hulu Plus will include three other movies — “Pokémon: Giratina & the Sky Warrior,” “Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life” and “Pokémon—Zoroark: Master of Illusions.”

Pokémon was first introduced in 1996 as a Nintendo game. To date, more than 245 million videogames and 20 billion Pokémon trading cards have been sold. The animation library includes more than 700 animation episodes and 16 full-length animated films. In October 2013, the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games launched worldwide for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, and sold 4 million copies globally in their first two days of sale.

The Pokemon content on Hulu and Hulu Plus — at hulu.com/pokemon – will first be available in English, and most content will follow in Latin American Spanish soon after. Hulu is promoting the Pokemon titles in its Hulu Kids section.
    Last edited by WTK; 01-31-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...t-for-pokemon/
      27 Feb, 2014

Netflix Is Next for Pokémon!
      Watch Pokémon episodes and movies instantly on Netflix!

Beginning Saturday, March 1st, Netflix members can instantly stream hours of awesome Pokémon animation! Don’t miss aspiring Pokémon Master Ash and his trusted Pokémon partner, Pikachu, as they embark on adventures through two popular seasons of the animated series and two action-packed feature films.

Netflix members can watch TV episodes from the Pokémon: Black & White season, where Ash and Pikachu traveled to the Unova region to discover new rivals, new challenges, and all-new Pokémon. The very first season of Pokémon animation, Pokémon: Indigo League, will also be available to stream instantly. The classic season introduces viewers to the world of Pokémon through Ash and Pikachu as Ash strives to become a Pokémon Master.

Pokémon fans can also catch Ash, Pikachu, and their friends in the dual movies Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram and Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom. Watch as Ash must prove himself a hero to earn the help of the Legendary Reshiram—or Zekrom—to rescue the Mythical Pokémon Victini and save Eindoak Town. Two Legendary Pokémon...and two exciting versions of the story!

Visit Netflix today to watch exciting Pokémon adventures in TV and film!

Comment

Hulu+
        - Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (http://www.hulu.com/watch/601075)
        - Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (http://www.hulu.com/watch/589468)

Comment

I'm still waiting on the next slimmer Indigo set. Maybe they're waiting to run out of copies of the one currently in print? Those sets were huge, and I'd really prefer to collect the new ones. Also hoping to see Orange Islands, Johto, and Master Quest re-released too.
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Currently I'm mostly interested on when we will see Pokemon Origin getting a physical release on DVD/Bluray since according to the official site it was released around December. Another thing is would they consider releasing Origin with both Eng/Jap audio since I believe nothing was edited or just plain English dub since like they always have done.

Comment

Unfortunately, I doubt an official release of anything Pokemon related will contain Japanese audio. It may happen one day, but so far, nothing. Keep in mind that there are a couple Pokemon movies that also don't have anything visually edited (other than the usual title sequences/credits/text).

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                Unfortunately, I doubt an official release of anything Pokemon related will contain Japanese audio. It may happen one day, but so far, nothing. Keep in mind that there are a couple Pokemon movies that also don't have anything visually edited (other than the usual title sequences/credits/text).
                What is frustrating to me is the one thing that's really turning me off from the dub of Pokemon as of late, is not the actual writing and voice acting (which I personally believe have greatly improved), but rather the music. I'm not exactly a fan of replacing most of Shinji Miyazaki's score, which contains renditions of game music and original, as well as various orchestrated pieces of music with rather... generic music. It's really frustrating to see this to where at the start of Best Wishes, they were keeping almost everything, to now anywhere from 2 to 4 pieces of music per episode (one of which is always the title card music).

The one thing I honestly don't understand is why we can't at least get subtitled streams of the series. I understand that it might be a bit risky to release the series on DVD in subtitled format (though it is curious why later stuff could not be bilingual), but I don't imagine the costs of producing a legal stream with subtitles would be that great, especially when they already have translated scripts they could use. The only thing I wish we could get is a direct answer from TPCi and/or Nintendo about this, but truth be told, I really wouldn't even know who to email or even ask about this.

At any rate, despite all this, I'm glad to see the series expanding to Netflix on top of distribution on Hulu. It's really something I feel that should have been done sometime ago, but I'm just glad it's happening later than never.

Comment

I'm sure a lot of this is about establishing a consistent brand. Nintendo and TPCi might view putting up a separate version for streaming in Japanese as confusing, especially considering that Pokemon is being marketed to children instead of hardcore Otaku. Also, keep in mind that the Japanese version has different names for both the human characters and many of the Pokemon themselves, which might make things complicated, especially since the English version of the Pokemon anime is consistent with the English version of the video games when it comes to localization, in addition to the merchandise and overall Pokemon brand in the west. Also, neither Nintendo nor TPCi have experience handling any other anime, and technically aren't marketing Pokemon as anime at all. The idea of streaming the show in Japanese has either not been seriously considered, or they don't see much value (or a market) for it in English-speaking territories. Maybe a little of both.

As for the music, I know 4Kids started out keeping the Japanese music, while filling in silence with original pieces before they slowly evolved to just replacing it entirely. I haven't watched Pokemon in a long time, but I remember the voice acting was pretty bland and atrocious in Diamond and Pearl (not that the original 4Kids voice acting was great, but it had a style about it and didn't feel so hollow). The story was also getting pretty tired and uninspired. I might check it out to at least give it all another chance.
                  Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 02-28-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I'm still waiting on the next slimmer Indigo set. Maybe they're waiting to run out of copies of the one currently in print? Those sets were huge, and I'd really prefer to collect the new ones. Also hoping to see Orange Islands, Johto, and Master Quest re-released too.
                    Same here. I'm glad they are doing slimmer sets, and hope they go into those seasons as well. The newer seasons haven't really done anything for me, although Origin looks interesting.
                    DVD/Blu-ray Collection

Comment

It would be great if we could get re-releases of the earlier Pokemon seasons, using better transfers for improved audio/video quality. As the re-releases of the Pokemon series on DVD from Beyond Home Entertainment in Australia, and Viz Media in the USA are just repackages. I doubt we will ever see the original Japanese version (with English subtitles) included any Pokemon releases.

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                      Currently I'm mostly interested on when we will see Pokemon Origin getting a physical release on DVD/Bluray since according to the official site it was released around December. Another thing is would they consider releasing Origin with both Eng/Jap audio since I believe nothing was edited or just plain English dub since like they always have done.
                      Pokemon Origins is been released on DVD by Beyond Home Entertainment in Australia on 28th April 2014, according to their latest Dealer's Guide (PDF file). The DVD release will only include the English version.

Beyond Home Entertainment were the only company releasing the Pokemon movies in English on Blu-Ray, but unfortunately they sold poorly, so I doubt we will see any future Pokemon releases on Blu-Ray. It is really a shame, since the audio/video quality (1080i, with lossless sound) was very good, on their Blu-Ray releases.

Comment

If I ever decide to pursue more than the Indigo League I'll be buying the AU sets as they are really nice, compact and look amazing together
                        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                          If I ever decide to pursue more than the Indigo League I'll be buying the AU sets as they are really nice, compact and look amazing together
                          The digipaks for the olders Pokemon seasons in Australia don't last the well though, I came across a few new sets where the glue was coming lose already. Also the hub style for the discs is terrible, it is that style used by Back to the Future Trilogy on Blu-Ray, which is frequently complained about.

The more recent re-releases of older Pokemon seasons in Australia all seem to have failed. The keep cases only lasted two volumes (26 episodes per set), and the steelbooks only lasted five volumes (52 episodes per set).

Comment

Movies 4-7 are on Blu-ray here courtesy of Echo Bridge Home Entertainment. Unfortunately they're all they have the rights to. I do hope we get a release of the remastered version of Pokemon: The First Movie here. Movies 1-3 and Mewtwo Returns belong to Warner Home Video and all are out-of-print. Since Warner also distributes Viz releases, I wonder if they could come to some kind of agreement. I'm glad I got Movies 1-3 when I did, but Mewtwo Returns is one of my favorite parts of the whole franchise, and can't play my VHS anymore.

Comment

Movies 4-7 are on Blu-ray here courtesy of Echo Bridge Home Entertainment. Unfortunately they're all they have the rights to.
                              The Movies 4-7 Blu-ray pack from Echo Bridge Home Entertainment aren't even Blu-Ray quality:
                              Pokemon 4Ever suffers from poor transfer
                              Pokemon Heroes still has a blue tint
                              All the movies are bit rate starved at times.
                              Lack of audio options, and no lossless sound.
                              No Pokemon shorts either.

Thank goodness Echo Bridge Home Entertainment don't have the rights to the other movies.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X