Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks Anime Survey

Widgets Magazine
    Interesting that even Sentai's getting into these now: http://www.sogosurvey.com/survey.asp...P&lang=0&data=
    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Re: Sentai Filmworks Anime Survey

Completed mines. I do like how they are looking into LE / Premium releases with that one particular question on there.

Comment

Just finished filling out mine as well. Answered yes to the question regarding LE's though I'm a bit worried about what they mean by "japanese high end style" since I wouldn't want them imitating AoA releases too much (especially in price). As far as all the ratings questions went I gave them a 3 for most everything except social media presence since they've gotten much better about that this year. Also mentioned in the comments that they need to be more careful when doing their QC given some of the wonky releases they put out this year.
      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Interesting to see Sentai Filmworks finally doing this like FUNimation and Viz Media.
        Last edited by WTK; 12-31-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

On the question about premium releases, I'd like to see Sentai start doing chipboard artboxes again for a small increase in price but the high price premium style releases I'd pass on.

In the comments I made my dissatisfaction with the Penguindrum and Colorful BDs known, they need to fix problems when they happen, and to put effort into quality control. It's gotten a lot better recently but small issues are still happening though.

On their Facebook they've got license announcements coming later this week.
          Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
            On their Facebook they've got license announcements coming later this week.
            That's not surprising, given how a new anime season is about to start in Japan.
            Joseph Klemm
            "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
            Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
            Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
            Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Perfect. Char takes FUNimation's survey model over to Viz and Sentai feels left out. And better yet, they're expressing interest in LEs as the only major company not doing them, also after Viz joined the party. I told them I was definitely interested in them but to watch on the prices so as to not get to AoA levels. Their MSRPs are already higher than FUNi's for comparable or arguably inferior products, so there is a little bit of a worry there, but if they get something I really need, I'd appreciate it either way.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

This survey felt rather real - meaning they actually want to know how I feel and what I want (blu-ray, Hidamari Sketch, slice of life, Sasami-san, and blu-ray). LE's rarely mean much to me, but I do enjoy a good box for split releases.

Comment

No AoA type LEs for me! (or 5 episode discs, or DVD only...)
                  NISA style/price LEs would be of more interest.

I'd be more interested in something like include a OP single CD with part one, the ED single with part 2. If you wait for the complete set later you save money but no CDs for you.

Comment

I'd pay a little more for sets like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia with extras like the 13th episode and soundtrack CD.

Comment

Originally posted by davesimmons View Post
                      I'd pay a little more for sets like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia with extras like the 13th episode and soundtrack CD.
                      Yeah, I made note of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia in my survey. Liked how content-filled release that was. Doesn't have to be a space-consuming LE, though those would be nice for the shows I really like.

Comment

I filled out the survey, and basically I said that I wanted the LEs to return, and have a package similar to K and Guilty Crown (and I was tempted to say Psycho-Pass as well, but I think that might be too much for Sentai given their emphasis on quantity). Pretty much I made it clear that by "high end" I do not want stuff that would jack up the price tag like with Aniplex's releases.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                        Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          Originally posted by davesimmons View Post
                          Yeah, I made note of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia in my survey. Liked how content-filled release that was. Doesn't have to be a space-consuming LE, though those would be nice for the shows I really like.
                          I too mentioned how great a value DMOA is and that I'd appreciate more releases similar to it in terms of extras. My main point in the comments was to focus on QC/QA because as much as I'd love nice bonus stuff, it's all just added fluff if there's issues with the release itself; like messed up audio tracks, shoddy video compression, missing dub lines, etc...
                          My Anime List - My Collection
                          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Took the survey. Mentioned that my main issue with Sentai releases are the lack of on-disc bonus features.

Comment

I took the survey, and I mentioned I would like a good quality artbox to house the dvd's they release I would like as a LE item.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X