Widgets Magazine

FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Mar '14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Mar '14)

Widgets Magazine
    via FUNimation Online Shop & TRSI...
    Last edited by WTK; 01-29-2014, 10:26 PM.

Re: FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Mar '14)

I see Psycho Pass is indeed the next title to receive the super premium treatment. I wonder what they'll include for that set.
    "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

And of course Psycho-Pass gets a Premium Edition. Wonder what it will come with and hope its blu-ray sized. Surprised to see Shakugan no Shana going to Save Edition already.
      Last edited by Vash1306; 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

That's quite a hefty price tag for the Psycho Pass LE (though compared to Aniplex's LEs, it's nothing), but I am going to get it. I would love to see what's included in this set.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
        Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
        Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

One Piece
          Fairy Tail
          Robotics
          Psycho Pass LE

all for me this month! :D

Comment

One Piece - Season 5 Voyage Six
            Really hope this only contains the lovely land arc.

Comment

I'll be getting Robotics;Notes and Psycho Pass for sure.
              I'm a bit disappointed to see that "Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor" is not getting a Blu-Ray release.

Comment

Looks as though Shana season 1 Bluray didn't do so well to be given a SAVE re-release. Interested on Psycho Pass Premium Edition BD, Robotic Notes Part 2, and Fairy Tail Part 9.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  3/11/2014 Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor & Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA (Season 4) $59.98 45
                  3/11/2014 PSYCHO-PASS - The Complete First Season Premium Edition $159.98 550
                  3/25/2014 Robotics;Notes - Part Two - Blu-ray/DVD Combo $64.98 253
                  Just these for me. Not surprised at the pricepoint for Psycho-Pass when you add the MSRP of both parts combined. This is only $30 more in MSRP than the two parts combined, and you're getting the entire first season in one go.

Also seems FUNi has truly ended the days of certain re-releases. It's basically first release, then the second release is straight to S.A.V.E. or Anime Classics.
                  Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MyAnimeList | Anime-Planet | Anime Blu-rays | Anime DVDs | Manga | MyFigureCollection

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                    Also seems FUNi has truly ended the days of certain re-releases. It's basically first release, then the second release is straight to S.A.V.E. or Anime Classics.
                    Naw, it just means they're gearing up for a brand new label they can use for re-re-releasing things.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Not only am I surprised that they are putting Shana to S.A.V.E., but I feel they are entirely to blame for its poor sales. They never gave the series the attention or care it deserved. Ah well. If they get around to releasing Ikkitousen XX on BD, then I'll pre-order it right away, otherwise there's nothing for me in this slate.
                      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

• One Piece: Season 5, Part 6 - 320 minutes - $39.98 - 3/4/14
                        • PSYCHO-PASS: Season 1 Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 550 minutes - $159.98 - 3/11/14
                        For now, just these two for me. Shana may go on my list, but I need to revisit the show before I decide whether or not I want it on BD (I have the Geneon singles).
                        What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                          • One Piece: Season 5, Part 6 - 320 minutes - $39.98 - 3/4/14
                          • PSYCHO-PASS: Season 1 Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 550 minutes - $159.98 - 3/11/14
                          For now, just these two for me. Shana may go on my list, but I need to revisit the show before I decide whether or not I want it on BD (I have the Geneon singles).
                          The Blu-ray version is a smeary, detail-destroying mess thanks to a terrible upscale job (in Japan), for both the first and second seasons. Keep your Geneon DVDs, and enjoy them.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

They finally got Luci Christian for an On the Boat segment!

So yeah... Psycho-Pass. I loved it. I really did. But at that price point, I just don't think I loved it quite enough. And I clearly need to stop buying everything that gets a super fancy release since it's becoming this regular. The Blue Exorcist movie LE and Madoka merchandise collection that arrived today along with the shipping confirmation I got for most of the Berserk manga series today also remind me that I do not have enough money to keep doing this. I already have K and Kamisama Kiss pre-ordered for this very reason. But realistically, it will probably show up on TRSI at 40% off (or at least once there's a FUNimation sale), and I'll say, "UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS?! WELL NOW I GOTTA DO IT!" I might have a problem.

Also, Robotics;Notes. Probably not next FUNimation sale, but the one after.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

For what it's worth, the Psycho-Pass LE is only $30 ARP more than buying both RE parts individually. So it's comparable to what they did with Guilty Crown, except offering the entire thing as the LE instead of just the first part.

As for myself, though, Robotics;Notes is the only thing on that list I'll be bothering with.

(Is Shana the first time Funi's doing a S.A.V.E. BD/DVD combo?)
                              Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X