• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Discotek Media licenses DNA2

Widgets Magazine
    via Discotek Media Facebook page
    DNA 2 complete series in 2014
    Last edited by WTK; 01-24-2019, 03:19 PM.

Re: Discotek Media licenses DNA²

I wonder if there will be any upgrades to the video quality. If not, I'll just keep my CPM set.
    "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
      I wonder if there will be any upgrades to the video quality. If not, I'll just keep my CPM set.
      At the very least, it might be nice to get the show in a smaller form factor, but I haven't rewatched my CPM set in a while.
      My animé & figure collections
      Hummingbird
      || Tweeterings
      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
        At the very least, it might be nice to get the show in a smaller form factor, but I haven't rewatched my CPM set in a while.
        That's true, additional shelf space would be nice. Truth be told, I honestly can't remember the last time I watched my set. I'm sure it's been at least three years...
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Wow, I wasn't expecting this one, but I'm glad to see it. I missed out on the older singles, which are probably still around in some fashion. A complete collection from Discotek would be preferred at this point. I'm glad to see they will be putting this out. As with all other Discotek titles I'm interested in, this one will be a pre-order.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

This is a pretty solid pickup by Discotek. Certainly, it's a decent title to watch for what it is.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
            Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
            Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

That's true, additional shelf space would be nice. Truth be told, I honestly can't remember the last time I watched my set. I'm sure it's been at least three years...
              I watched it once and cast it aside. Not bad a bad little show, just forgettable.
              "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
              -My Collection
              --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                I watched it once and cast it aside. Not bad a bad little show, just forgettable.
                I was going to object, but remembered I did the same thing. It's a fun standard mid-90s sci-fi OVA with always interesting Masakazu Katsura characters (but with the excellent Kumiko Takahashi on final anime character designs). Not as memorable for me as, say, Iria from that same vintage, but still fun. The actual only negative feeling I have about the show is the awful dub CPM threw on it from the ever-infamous Audioworks. Shame, too, given Jessica Calvello, Liam O'Brien, and Rachael Lillis in the leads--proof as ever that a useless director (Kip Kaplan) can make even the best talent look bad.
                Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                TFP Forum Rules

Comment

This is great as It means I can buy this show as a complete set rather than the 5 volumes CPM did. I'm aware they did their own complete set but I'm pretty sure it was just the 5 volumes in a card artbox
                  Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it was just the 5 volumes in a card artbox
                    Yep, it is exactly that.
                    My animé & figure collections
                    Hummingbird
                    || Tweeterings
                    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

A little off topic, but how do you pronounce this series? DNA 2? DNA Squared? DNA to the power of 2?

Comment

ディー・エヌ・エー・ツー どこかでなくしたあいつのあいつ

DNA two: dokokade nakushita aitsu no aitsu

Comment

Originally posted by sickvisionz View Post
                          A little off topic, but how do you pronounce this series? DNA 2? DNA Squared? DNA to the power of 2?
                          It's pronounced DNA squared.

Comment

I was going to pick up the older release of this but I'll wait and get the Discotek release. I want to support their continued endeavors of bringing over more titles. Which reminds me, I have some shopping to do at RightStuf before the end of the day.

Comment

Well the show is getting a Bluray release in Japan, any chance they'll do the same ? I recall that CPM DVDs were decent but if this release offers better quality or even better it comes out on Bluray then i'll upgrade my copies.
                              Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X