• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Discotek Media licenses Dragon Half

Widgets Magazine
    via Discotek Media Facebook page
    Dragon Half OVA on DVD in 2014

Re: Discotek Media licenses Dragon Half

Already have it from ADV. Definitely a fun little OVA to spend an hour with.
    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
      Already have it from ADV. Definitely a fun little OVA to spend an hour with.
      With a very silly ending song... wish they had made more at the time.

Comment

Surprised Sentai or Maiden Japan didn't nab this. I know it was one of their bigger old titles. I believe they even tried to help fund more episodes to conclude the series.
        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Cool that it's coming back in print, but I feel no real desire to replace my ADV DVD, even for a Blu-ray.

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
          Surprised Sentai or Maiden Japan didn't nab this. I know it was one of their bigger old titles. I believe they even tried to help fund more episodes to conclude the series.
          I don't know about that, but according to what I remember from the on-disc commentary, it was one of their all-star dubs that they worked on for a couple years, waiting for certain actors to visit Houston.
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Sold my ADV disc during a shelf-cleaning a few years ago and always kind of regretted it. Might pick it back up when it gets released...

Comment

This was one of the first anime shows that I watched, and it is really funny. It's a shame that it was so short, but it definitely cracked me up, though it has since been surpassed by so many other shows over the years. It's nice to see it back, and I remember it for the Beethoven ending song.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
              Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
              Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I had reasonably high expectations for this when i bought the ADV release given the fanbase for it.

I was expecting something really funny and was sorely dissapointed. I mean the OVA even got cancelled In Japan despite it only being scheduled for 4 episodes.

The Ending song was probably the funniest part but the rest was mediocre for me at best.
                Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

via Discotek Media Facebook page
                  Dragon Half release date: March 25th 2014

Comment

via Amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      Up @ TRSI as well.

Comment

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...nd-dragon-half
                        http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-half
                        Hello everyone and Happy Monday as we've got another catalog coming today at 4pm Pacific Time, Dragon Half!

Dragon Half, both English dubbed AND subbed will be available to Crunchyroll members in the US and Canada.

Comment

Ah, that's where it came from, and explains why it is NA-only. I either missed this news or completely forgot about it.

Comment

I watched this on Crunchyroll, and was curious about something... The ending credits for the second episode are just a repeat of the first. It would almost be exactly the same, but they did change the subtitles from translation to romaji for the second episode. From the names credited, I assume Discotek just reused masters with ADV's DVD credits. So is this something ADV just screwed up on and never fixed? The dub cast listings in online databases for episode 2 being very sparse in comparison makes sense if that is the case. I do see Tiffany Grant listed for Dug Fin, but whether that came from actual credits, or was confirmed otherwise I don't know. Did the original VHS release have the correct episode 2 credits?

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                              Did the original VHS release have the correct episode 2 credits?
                              I have the subtitled VHS and both episodes show different sets of English credits.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X