• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water

Widgets Magazine
    via ANIMAINE...

Slated for March 2014...
    • Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water TV (DVD & BD)

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “NADIA, SECRET OF BLUE WATER”

HOUSTON, November 9, 2013 — Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce itsnewest acquisition: Nadia, Secret of Blue Water. This 39 episode adventure classic from GAINAX (Neon Genesis Evangelion) will be available for the first time in high definition. The series is directed by Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion, His and Her Circumstances) and features character designs by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Royal Space Force ~ The Wings of HonnĂȘamise) with sound direction by Katsunori Shimizu (Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee) and music by Shiro Sagisu (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi).

The World’s Fair, Paris, 1889: a young inventor crosses paths with an enigmatic girl and her pet lion. Suddenly they find themselves pursued by a villainous trio intent upon stealing the magical Blue Water. Thus begins an epic adventure inspired by Jules Verne’s masterpiece 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Join Nadia and Jean as they travel the high seas in search of Nadia’s homeland and her past, their only clue the mysterious jewel Nadia wears. Can they unravel the Secret of the Blue Water before it is too late? Discover Nadia, Secret of Blue Water, the animated series beloved by millions, and find out for yourself!

Nadia, Secret of Blue Water will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release on bilingual DVD & BD to follow.

About Sentai Filmworks
    Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

https://twitter.com/rootsofjustice/s...12453537796097
    They are looking into the Nadia omakes.
    Last edited by WTK; 11-09-2013, 04:16 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water

Awesome! Another good oldie back in print.

Comment

That is GREAT news! The BD is a big improvement over ADV's old DVD release, and I'll definitely be ordering it as soon as it's listed.

I don't see any mention of parts; I guess it'll be a complete collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
        I don't see any mention of parts; I guess it'll be a complete collection?
        I think it is, but I'm not sure. I know that the movie is not included.

Comment

@ ANIMAINE

https://twitter.com/rootsofjustice/s...12453537796097
          They are looking into the Nadia omakes.

Comment

Awesome!! 39 eps on BD of a late eighties show! So fantastic to see these shows come over.

Sentai and Discotek have been a godsend to us classic Anime fans!
            Last edited by BlaizeV; 11-09-2013, 12:00 PM.
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Been a long time since I watched this, but it was a really good looking show for its time and I'm sure if its done right, it should look great on BD. Definitely will look at buying this if its released in a single complete collection.

Comment

Oh, DAMNIT. I just bought the DVD collections months ago. Guess I'll have to double dip for the Blu-ray.
                Last edited by Library-chan; 11-09-2013, 01:30 PM.
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  • Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water TV (DVD & BD)
                  Can't say I really consider this a "license rescue" since it was an old ADV title. Still, glad to see this will be in print again. I lost my copy of the Perfect Collection in tin box during my last move, and didn't feel like trying to track down a replacement.
                  My animé & figure collections
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings
                  XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I'm certainly interested.

For anyone who bought it, how did Sentai handle the Elfen Lied Blu-ray? Did they reuse the ADV video masters, or did they leave the Japanese credits/titles intact as they do with their newer releases?
                    Jeremiah Sabadoz
                    my comics my blog

Comment

Nadia on Blu-Ray. Consider this a double dip Sentai. If you get the omakes I will be over the moon.
                      http://myanimelist.net/profile/soatome

Comment

Originally posted by tablesalt View Post
                        For anyone who bought it, how did Sentai handle the Elfen Lied Blu-ray? Did they reuse the ADV video masters, or did they leave the Japanese credits/titles intact as they do with their newer releases?
                        The latter of course. (Also, Elfen Lied BD has the ADV label, not Sentai).
                        "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                        -My Collection
                        --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                          Oh, DAMNIT. I just bought the DVD collections months ago. Guess I'll have to double dip for the Blu-ray.
                          Haha, me too. At least those DVD collections were pretty cheap.

And I've still yet to watch this series. Still, I think a double dip is very likely.
                          Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

I bought this on VHS so this will be the 3rd time for me. The omake would make this a sure buy.

Comment

Freaking nice. I was actually thinking about this over the last few days.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X