X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] NicoNico English site to stream Blood-C and Uta no Prince Sama

Widgets Magazine
    ANN

Starting next month, the online video service NicoNico will stream the anime series Blood-C and Uta no Prince Sama (Uta no Prince-sama— Maji Love 1000%) overseas, right after the first broadcast of each episode in Japan. The overseas streams will be available exclusively for one week in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
    Each episode will be free for one week. After that, there is a one-time subscription fee of US$0.25 for all episodes during the ongoing beta period. This US$0.25 fee for membership covers not just these two anime, but also covers all of NicoNico's membership services, such as the ability to stream live from your own camera-equipped computer onto NicoNico's site. The streams for two announced anime will be English-subtitled.
    Last edited by chronoclast; 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM.
    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Re: NicoNico English site to stream Blood-C and Uta no Prince Sama

Another source for viewing legal anime online is always good. Now let's see if the two mentioned series will be exclusive to them.

Comment

Neither of these shows are ones I'm particularly excited about, but I do want to check them out. I will try out the Nico Nico simulcast. Will my Japanese registration work for the English site, or will I have to register again?

Comment

I will definitely be checking this one out!

Comment

Very nice. Not only am I glad to see more simulcast options, I''ll be glad to see NicoNico get more attention. It needs something to edge it closer to a critical mass in the userbase.

(Not that I'm really interested in either of these two anime, though.)

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          Neither of these shows are ones I'm particularly excited about, but I do want to check them out. I will try out the Nico Nico simulcast. Will my Japanese registration work for the English site, or will I have to register again?
          I'm pretty sure that Japanese registration works for the English site. It was months ago and I only used it briefly, but I don't think I ever had to sign up again.
          The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

I don't think I even knew NicoNico had an English site. I'll probably check out the Blood-C, but this subscription plan definitely seems different from pretty much every other service that's already out there.
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
              I don't think I even knew NicoNico had an English site.
              It (beta) started around late April: link.

Comment

More simulcasts, but these ones are from an actual Japanese company? That's surprising. Hopefully that works out well and becomes a regular thing. I find it interesting that it's the exact opposite of Crunchyroll, where each episode is free after one week, before which you have to have a paid account. This should work for me, although there are always some times where I get a week or more behind. I wasn't sure about Blood-C, but I'll definitely be watching it now, at least at first. No interest in the other one though.

Another source for viewing legal anime online is always good.
                As long as they don't end up leaking an episode before it airs...
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  It (beta) started around late April: link.
                  Good to know. I don't usually follow ANN's news, so that's probably how I missed it.
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings

Comment

LINK
                    Nico Nico will start simulcasting "BLOOD-C" and "Uta no Prince Sama" for
                    US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa regions this Summer.
                    These titles will be shown right after the TV show in Japan for you to watch.

You would be able to watch the first Episode of "Uta no Prince Sama" from here.

You also can find the lists of videos which would be added from the Nico Nico Channel.

Nico Nico would be delighted to have different comments from users all over the world! Don't miss the great fun at Nico Nico.

BLOOD-C: PDT: JUL/7/2011 10:25am
                    Uta no Prince Sama: PDT: JUL/2/2011 8:30am

Comment

I was wondering how one would go about finding these simulcasts on NicoNico.

Thanks for posting that information, WTK.
                      Last edited by EyeOfPain; 07-02-2011, 11:19 PM.
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                        I was wondering how one would go about finding these simulcasts on NicoNico.
                        It's the link at the top that says "Channels," which leads to http://ch.niconico.com/. I was having trouble myself...they added that link just today.

The first episode of "Uta no Prince Sama" is up now, too.

Comment

Not so encouraging news... From the old forum:

Originally posted by something
                          ::checks out Prince-sama for a few minutes to see what the quality is like::

I see correct name order and honorifics, which is really encouraging. But I also see really poor video quality (and I'm even a Premium member from the main JP site already) and the Nico player's inexplicable inability to truly fullscreen something (menu at the bottom won't go away). I also don't believe the Nico player has any decent keyboard shortcuts which is a major pain.

Without a true fullscreen or vastly improved video quality, it doesn't look like I'll be watching any anime on this service.

Edit: ::grabs the source video:: Oh wow, only 360p? There's no excuse for that in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                            Not so encouraging news...
                            I tried it myself, and while it's not as good as CrunchyRoll, I'd find it acceptable for weekly viewing. It's just that the thought of "streaming is no replacement for a home video release" is magnified by 3x. Then again, I may have a much greater tolerance for putting up with BS.

On the other hand, I love Miyuki Sawashiro, but not enough to watch an otome game adaption.

Comment

The channel: http://ch.niconico.com/channel/ch60033 and the first episode are both up now for Blood-C.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X