Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Widgets Magazine
    Their website leaked an image of the simulcast for it but they took it down shortly afterwards. Someone saved an image of it though: https://twitter.com/NJ_/status/38722...015808/photo/1

Well I guess we can say goodbye to any chance of the original cast coming back...
    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Re: FUNimation licenses BlazBlue: Alter Memory

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2237 | http://www.funimation.com/blazblue | Showgate
    BlazBlue: Alter Memory (Premieres 10/8/13 at 1pm CT)
    Synopsis: In the year 2199, humanity eagerly awaits the dawn of a new century following a series of devastating magic wars. When the world’s most wanted man—Grim Reaper—makes a move to destroy society, a ragtag group of powerful fighters make it their mission to stop him.
    Series will stream weekly on Tuesdays at 1pm CT
    Last edited by WTK; 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Series is starting to stream on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/blazblue-alter-memory

Comment

The first 8 episodes of the series are available to purchase on the PSN. Available in both SD and HD.
        Link

Available on iTunes as well.
        Link

Comment

I only played some of the game and it was nice, i think that the anime would be decent. I hope Funi will release it on BD in the future.
          Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
            I only played some of the game and it was nice, i think that the anime would be decent. I hope Funi will release it on BD in the future.
            the show is the latest attempt of adapting a fighting game franchise into an anime... in other words, it sucks. You'd do better watching live action SF than this steaming pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
              Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
              the show is the latest attempt of adapting a fighting game franchise into an anime... in other words, it sucks. You'd do better watching live action SF than this steaming pile.
              Yeah, this show is just forgettable in every way and it definitely met my expectations as far as adapting shows from a VG. I only played one BlazBlue game, and this show just does a great disservice to the franchise, so you are better off not bothering.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
              Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
              Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Another step of FUNimation announcing the home video rights (announced in AU by Madman Ent.).

Comment

16:07:58 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Home video announcements
                  16:08:02 <bay|Ota|FUNi> blazblue: alter memory

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...s-from-otakon/
                  Based on the hit fighting game series, FUNimation has picked up home video distribution rights for BlazBlue: Alter Memory!

synopsis:

Long ago, the world was saved from a monstrous creature known as the Black Beast by a group of heroes wielding a powerful combination of magic and science. Now, a rebel named Ragna the Bloodedge–who happens to be the most wanted man on the planet–finds himself in the middle of a mysterious plot that’s somehow connected to the Black Beast’s resurrection and the possible end of the world.
                  Last edited by WTK; 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I wonder how Funi will handle this if they go for a dub since it would sound weird if they didn't bring back the game cast to reprise for their characters.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                      I wonder how Funi will handle this if they go for a dub since it would sound weird if they didn't bring back the game cast to reprise for their characters.
                      Do the games have an English cast then? Never stuck me as a series that would need one particularly.
                      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                        Do the games have an English cast then? Never stuck me as a series that would need one particularly.
                        Yes they do and you can check for each game in the series since I don't recall there being much changes for the cast.

Comment

The only people they could bring back if they choose to in-house dub this are Patrick Seitz, Lauren Landa, Spike Spencer, Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey. I'm still hoping that they could outsource it though.
                          Last edited by Razzamatazz Buckshank; 08-09-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

via FUNi Shop & TRSI:

BlazBlue - Alter Memory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 6/30/15
                            - http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...?itemid=104475
                            Special Features: Textless Opening Song ''Blue Blaze'', Textless Opening Song ''Blue Blaze'' Ver. 2, Textless Closing Song ''Reincarnation Blue'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers
                            Last edited by WTK; 03-17-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
                              The only people they could bring back if they choose to in-house dub this are Patrick Seitz, Lauren Landa, Spike Spencer, Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey. I'm still hoping that they could outsource it though.
                              As mentioned in the English Track already, Funimation was able to get most of the game cast into the dub of the anime. Alexis Tipton is replacing Laura Bailey for Platinum though. Based on this and Neptunia, it's a solid bet that Danganronpa will be similiar. I applaud this move by Funimation, it shows that they care about the fans.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X