• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Golden Time

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “GOLDEN TIME”

HOUSTON, October 4, 2013 — Experience the law of clause and effect inSentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: Golden Time. This 24 episode series revolving around the lives of some decidedly unusual law students is based on the light novel by Yuyuko Takemiya (Toradora!) and features direction by Chiaki Kon (La storia della Arcana Famiglia, When They Cry – Higurashi) with character designs by Shinya Hasegawa (Kill Me Baby, Revolutionary Girl Utena), series composition by Fumihiko Shimo (Kokoro Connect, Clannad) and sound direction by Jin Aketagawa (Bodacious Space Pirates, Upotte!).

Many people think that lawyers live in a separate reality, but at one private law school in Tokyo that may literally be true. For example, when would-be law student Banri Tada tumbled off a bridge, he learned more than just that legal eagles can’t fly. Or, to be more accurate, he unlearned everything, as the accident not only left him with retrograde amnesia, but also split a portion of his psyche into a separate being that carries all of his memories prior to graduating high school! And the disgruntled spirit now following Banri around isn’t the school’s only stalker. Banri’s friend Mitsuo is also being pursued. In Mitsuo’s case, though, it’s a prior commitment. The lovely Kouko Kaga is relentlessly hounding him, determined to hold him to a childhood agreement to eventually wed. And if you think those characters are out of order, the jury’s still out on Nijigen-kun, who’s given up on the 3D world and reverted to 2D! But don’t rush to judgment just yet! Join in a paper chase through some very uncivil actions and exposed legal briefs and arrive at your own verdict in GOLDEN TIME!

Golden Time will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

About Sentai Filmworks
    Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.
    Last edited by WTK; 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Golden Time

It seemed likely that Sentai would get this, although I did consider NISA a possibility. Hopefully the series lives up to its potential and Sentai gives it a bilingual Blu-ray release.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
      It seemed likely that Sentai would get this, although I did consider NISA a possibility. Hopefully the series lives up to its potential and Sentai gives it a bilingual Blu-ray release.
      Or, at the very least, our new wishing option: that if it doesn't do well enough to be dubbed, that it does at least well enough to earn a Blu-ray release still.
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        Or, at the very least, our new wishing option: that if it doesn't do well enough to be dubbed, that it does at least well enough to earn a Blu-ray release still.
        I'll take that option. If they do give it an English dub then I'm okay with that, too.
        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          Well this is just my "hopeful" release. I'll take some CDs and for Sentai to start doing LEs while I'm at it.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Well my interest for this show is gone now that Sentai got it especially if it gets one of their dubs.
            "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
              Well my interest for this show is gone now that Sentai got it especially if it gets one of their dubs.
              It still doesn't take away the original Japanese audio track.
              My animé & figure collections
              Hummingbird
              || Tweeterings
              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                Because, of course, the original source material, the writing staff, the production staff, and the Japanese cast all miraculously change the moment a North American distributor licenses a show. It's quite amazing how that happens.

Having one's interest in a show be dependent upon which North American company licenses it, and the possibility that it might later get an English dub, is really quite strange. Myself, I tend to either be interested or not interested in a show because of…um…the show itself.
                Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

I don't really care for subs. So for me it all hinders on who licenses the show. More power to the people that don't care who licenses you have my respect.
                  "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Well if its any consolation the show is kinda terrible.
                    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                    Vivid Impact!
                    Vividred Operation

Comment

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Golden-Time/Info
                      Golden Time - Subtitled

Schedule
                      Sundays at 6 PM Eastern, starting November 3rd

Comment

Series is starting to stream on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/golden-time

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                          Having one's interest in a show be dependent upon which North American company licenses it, and the possibility that it might later get an English dub, is really quite strange.
                          Diakia89 is a bit extreme, but I can see it up to a point. If a show I like gets licensed by NISA I'll be happy and preorder it. But if it's Aniplex I'm going to have to REALLY like it to pay their BD prices (I can often buy two other shows I like just as much for the same money), or it will be DVD only. The other studios fall in between.
                          While it's the actual release that I'm looking at (I'm just a likely to skip Railgun as I am Vivid Red as DVD only) but companies tend to have some consistency in how they release stuff.

Comment

Title: GOLDEN TIME COLLECTION 1
                            Published by: Sentai Filmworks
                            Distributed by: Section23 Films
                            Run Time: 300 min.
                            Street Date: 9/30/2014
                            Format: DVD, BD
                            Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
                            SRP: $49.98, $59.98

DVD: Disc 1 (150 min) eps. 1-6; Disc 2 (150 min) eps. 7-12;
                            Blu-ray: Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (75 min) eps. 10-12

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X