• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray

so what should i do ? id back it just for the region fre blu rays

Comment

I'm perfectly happy with the DVDs, but I'd love for the show to come out on Blu-ray either way. I wish AnimEigo was more involved in anime as they used to.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

The original Bubblegum Crisis on Blu-Ray, that's pretty cool that they're concidering this. Well I'll wish them luck when they go live on Kickstarter.
        "Well I can't understand any of this, everybody in Japan is either a 10-year-old girl or a monster." Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
        Currently Watching: The Dawn of the Witch, Aharen wa Hakarenai, Kaguya-sama: Love War (S3), Heroine Run the Show, Love After World Domination & Jujitsu Kaisen.
        Finish Watching: Attack on Titan (S4P2), Shenmue: The Animation, Miss KUROITSU, The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest & In the Land of Leadale.

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
          I'd support this only if they don't use noise reduction or any enhancements. I want it to look exactly like the Japanese BDs.
          This is my only worry with the set - unnecessary filtering since the kickstarter mentioned backers can give feedback on digital enhancements.

Still, this is a very cool project.

Comment

I'm totally getting behind this when it goes live. The investment being asked is surprisingly modest, so I do hope that a lot of folks get involved in this.

I'd dig seeing Crash on BD as well, if only because I'm a completist about things like this.

Comment

Wow . . . Bubblegum Crisis might come back . . . I've seen the remakes, but Crisis is one of the last remaining "classic" animes on my must-watch list.

For those who don't remember the series, with its female exoskeleton pilots and rampaging robots, here's the trailer from Animeigo's dvd box set. The first twenty seconds or so are just text about the extras, but then it gets into the actual footage.
              "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by stfram View Post
                I'd dig seeing Crash on BD as well, if only because I'm a completist about things like this.

AD Police Files too. That actually is a really good (and sometimes powerful) series, very underrated. I also recommend the manga midquel that did get released here by Viz (AD Police: Dead End City). It really completes the package.
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by superdry View Post
                  I'd support this only if they don't use noise reduction or any enhancements. I want it to look exactly like the Japanese BDs.
                  This is my only worry with the set - unnecessary filtering since the kickstarter mentioned backers can give feedback on digital enhancements.
                  Not much faith in your fellow BGC fans?

I guess I don't blame you though. But I'm sure fans of BGC are quite different from fans of DBZ, and I would like to think they have better sensibilities when it comes to DNR.

Comment

Originally posted by llj View Post
                    Not much faith in your fellow BGC fans?

I guess I don't blame you though. But I'm sure fans of BGC are quite different from fans of DBZ, and I would like to think they have better sensibilities when it comes to DNR.
                    Light enhancements are fine, but hopefully nothing overboard that makes it "look better" even though it's actually not.

Comment

Light enhancements are fine, but hopefully nothing overboard that makes it "look better" even though it's actually not.
                      Going by the Japanese release - "light enhancements" are not fine. The video doesn't need any. It looks great and no automatic adjustments are going to make it look any better. What it could use however is some manual cleanup of cel dirt and dust. That's a photoshopping job, not a filtering one. It's also a very costly and time consuming one, as you'd have to go through all frames one by one and removing dirt specs that show up. There are tools that can speed up and help with this of course, but it's still going to take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywise View Post
                        Going by the Japanese release - "light enhancements" are not fine. The video doesn't need any.
                        Sorry, I should have phrased it as "light enhancements are fine if needed" (of course it all depends on the source, but, as you say, the video for the BGC BD is great...then of course no filtering would be needed).

Comment

https://twitter.com/AnimEigo/status/388692724943032320
                          Bubblegum Crisis KickStarter draft has been updated! I look forward to your feedback! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...token=107d75bf

Comment

https://twitter.com/AnimEigo/status/389552432197296128
                            Just posted v3 of the KickStarter draft. Went to BD only and managed to get the price and goal down. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...token=107d75bf

Comment

Originally posted by Skywise View Post
                              Going by the Japanese release - "light enhancements" are not fine. The video doesn't need any. It looks great and no automatic adjustments are going to make it look any better. What it could use however is some manual cleanup of cel dirt and dust. That's a photoshopping job, not a filtering one. It's also a very costly and time consuming one, as you'd have to go through all frames one by one and removing dirt specs that show up. There are tools that can speed up and help with this of course, but it's still going to take a while.
                              I kinda suspect that Animeigo would go the other way from pulling a Gainax on this, and and instead do another "Shin works on Macross" with print/video quality.

Comment

The Kickstarter draft has been updated again.

I've updated the draft to v4.0, adding some lower support levels, and a Commemorative Challenge Coin basic extra. I'm hoping to go live with the KickStarter next week.
                                Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X