Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Nan Desu Kan 2013 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Nan Desu Kan (September 13 - September 15, 2013 @ Denver, Colorado) | Panels Schedule / Guidebook Schedule

Saturday, September 14, 2013
    • Aniplex of America Industry Panel | 1:00pm - 2:00pm
      The company that brought you the best in anime, including Sword Art Online, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist, Fate/Zero, Gurren Lagann and Durarara!! is here at NDK for the first time! Come see what Aniplex has in store for 2013 and beyond. There will also be some special giveaways, including rare items from Japan.
    • FUNimation Industry Panel | 3:00pm - 4:00pm
      Representative Justin Rojas shares all the latest news from FUNimation, one of the leaders in North American anime. Stick around until the end for Q&A and prizes!
    • Robotech Industry Panel | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
      Tommy Yune, director of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles and screenwriter Steve Yun showcase all of the latest live action and animated Robotech projects in production.

Sunday, September 15, 2013
    • FUNimation Previews Panel | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
      Extended looks at what’s coming soon and what’s out now from FUNimation. With Justin Rojas, Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development.
    • Media Blasters Industry Panel | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
      Learn about Media Blasters and hear from John Sirabella, the owner who started it. Also, learn how anime cons were in the days before llamas and bronies.
    Last edited by WTK; 09-07-2013, 11:14 PM.

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2013 Discussion Thread

Really? A Media Blasters panel? That's surprising to see - when's the last time MB had a panel at ANY convention?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
      Really? A Media Blasters panel? That's surprising to see - when's the last time MB had a panel at ANY convention?
      Maybe since Otakon 2008? Whatever it was, it has been quite a while.

Comment

Of all people to talk about this, it's someone from Harmony Gold?

http://m.guidebook.com/guide/12604/event/6077628/
        The End of the Anime Industry As We Know It

Over the past 3 years fans have watched in horror as reports of layoffs, production cutbacks and corporate failures have hit the anime industry. Fans are now asking: Does the industry have a bright future? Join Harmony Gold’s Vice President of Marketing, Kevin McKeever, as he shows how the industry got here and where it is going.

Comment

I think that at this con, Aniplex will announce the license to Galilei Donna or Samura Flamenco, titles which they are on the production team for. As for Funi, I am expecting a dub cast announcement or a physical media rights announcement, though this is not one of the cons where they make any shattering announcements. As for MB, well, it's a surprise that they are showing up to this con at all.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
          Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
          Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Media Blasters Industry Panel | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
            • Learn about Media Blasters and hear from John Sirabella, the owner who started it. Also, learn how anime cons were in the days before llamas and bronies.
            Llamas? I didn't realize this was a "thing" at cons.
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
              • Learn about Media Blasters and hear from John Sirabella, the owner who started it. Also, learn how anime cons were in the days before llamas and bronies.
              Llamas?? This is also a new one to me. Is this some slang for a genre show I'm not familiar, something specific to Denver fandom, or something else?

Comment

There is "shaved llama" but that's just a funny picture site / facebook page much like Failblog, don't see how that would be a con thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MeggieMay View Post
                  Llamas?? This is also a new one to me. Is this some slang for a genre show I'm not familiar, something specific to Denver fandom, or something else?
                  I think he meant alpacas. Stuffed alpacas are all over dealer's rooms these days. When I was at Otakon almost every booth had at least one alpaca on it.

Comment

When it comes to MB, even llamas come out because anything goes. Not exactly stuff for anime, but then again Bronies are everywhere these days.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
                    Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
                    Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Aren't Llamas just one of those goto LOLRANDOM animals? Like if you want to make your joke more quirky and whimiscal you put a monkey in it or something. There's a noted TV Trope on the beast, for what ever that's worth.

Comment

http://funimation.tumblr.com/post/60...-at-nandesukan
                        FUNimation at NanDesuKan!

FUNimation will be traveling to lovely Denver, CO Sept. 13th - 15th for NanDesuKan. We’ll have a booth in the dealer’s room, so be sure to stop by and see what we’ve got to offer! Here are the various gifts-with-purchase we have available for you at this convention:

* Free FUNimation decal with any purchase (see image at right)
                        * Free FUNimation Lanyard with any $100 purchase
                        * Free Oni-G plush with any $250 purchase, or you can buy him outright for $25
                        * And if you buy Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead at the booth you’ll receive a free Is This a Zombie? T-shirt while supplies last!

Now, here’s some panel information. Rojas will be an Industry Guest at NanDesuKan, and running our FUNimation panels. Here’s the schedule:

FUNimation Industry Panel - Saturday @ 3pm - Conifer
                        Representative Justin Rojas shares all the latest news from FUNimation, one of the leaders in North American anime. Stick around until the end for Q&A and prizes!

FUNimation Previews Panel - Sunday @ 12pm - Pike’s Peak
                        Extended looks at what’s coming soon and what’s out now from FUNimation with Justin Rojas, Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development.

We’re premiering the English Dub of Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess at NanDesuKan! You can catch that in Main Events on Friday at 6pm! Stay after the screening for a special Q&A with Todd Haberkorn (Natsu), Cherami Leigh (Lucy), and Tia Ballard (Happy)!

You can also swing by the FUNimation booth for a special Fairy Tail photo opportunity with Natsu and get your very own Fairy Tail guild membership card throughout the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by marmaladeboy View Post
                          I think he meant alpacas. Stuffed alpacas are all over dealer's rooms these days. When I was at Otakon almost every booth had at least one alpaca on it.
                          I thought 'alpaca' might be a possibility, but you never know with Sirabella. Even so, it still seems like an odd thing to pull out for an announcement.
                          My animé & figure collections
                          Hummingbird
                          || Tweeterings
                          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by marmaladeboy View Post
                            ooOKkkee - new height in fannish random weirdness it seems. consignia mentioned this may have something to do with a internet meme but I'd never really ran into that one before. That is alpacas - the general "stick a random animal into a picture to try to make it funny" ideas been around a long time and might pre-date the internet. I hadn't noticed, or at least seen enough incidents of it, to realize there was resurgence in popularity for it. Probably just hasn't broken the into mainstream media quite yet - probably just a matter of time before it does, however.

Comment

The whole llama thing reminds me of what RightStufSpecialsMinion posted in the most recent specials thread. Wonder if they are talking about the same thing. I wasn't aware of llamas being a thing until I read that.

Originally posted by RightStufSpecialsMinion View Post
                              It's also hard to believe we now sell an item used to protest censorship in China (no, really).
                              What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X