Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Kurokami: The Animation

Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks Announcements at Otakon '13 Day 2: IT'S SHOWTIME!
    August 10, 2013 at 4:19pm

You didn't think that we Sentai Filmworks, in partnership with Sunrise, is very excited to be a part of such a momentous occasion for North American anime fans. In perhaps the biggest licensing acquisition in our company’s young history, we are proud to announce that the following titles will be a part of the Sentai Filmworks anime catalog:
    • Kurokami: The Animation

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Kurokami: The Animation

Well this would be a nice time to finally release the whole series in one bluray set to include both english and japanese audio unlike how bandai handled it as a dub-only BD release.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
      Well this would be a nice time to finally release the whole series in one bluray set to include both english and japanese audio unlike how bandai handled it as a dub-only BD release.
      With it having been so long, I can't imagine that won't be the case, and that's why I'm excited for this news. I wish they would've told us a little more about these acquisitions, though. I wonder if these will be close to as quick as Sentai's usual licenses and we get some of them in January.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

An interesting license rescue. I'm very curious if they will release Blu-ray version unmolested (both JP & Eng audio,...).

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          An interesting license rescue. I'm very curious if they will release Blu-ray version unmolested (both JP & Eng audio,...).
          I'll be able to get rid of my DVD release of the show.

Comment

Kurokami was definitely handled differently than most anime when it comes to localization. The English dub was created simultaneously with the Japanese version. Laura Bailey said they were basically voice acting to storyboards and raw materials, and mentioned it being a pain.
            Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

I pray that this doesn't end up as one the release Sentai shits on and only gives a DVD release. I'd rather wait years in hopes someone else picks up the title and does a BD than seeing the series get yet another jacked up release.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X