Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Funimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Seasons 1 & 2)

Some bad news, we have a missing subtitle on S2 just as they're putting out the replacement discs...
    https://twitter.com/gravitypriest/st...12611208347649
    Code Geass CE from @FUNimation
    Season 1, disc 2, episode 8, ~4 mins in
    Another missing subtitle on the 5.1 track

Left: 2.0, right: 5.1
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb-HPRWgAApY3F.jpg:orig
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb-INyW8AIYc4h.jpg:orig
    There was something like this also on season 1, can't remember if it was mentioned before.
    https://twitter.com/gravitypriest/st...36333338341378
    Left is 2.0, right is 5.1
    Lelouch's line from just prior hangs on screen
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuYTN4rW8AEpx6s.jpg:orig
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuYTOiEXgAASYhk.jpg:orig
    Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Okay nevermind I was wrong about the replacement discs. It was a package that came from Funimation but it was a gift from a friend who works there. My bad.
      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
        Some bad news, we have a missing subtitle on S2 just as they're putting out the replacement discs...
        https://twitter.com/gravitypriest/st...12611208347649
        Code Geass CE from @FUNimation
        Season 1, disc 2, episode 8, ~4 mins in
        Another missing subtitle on the 5.1 track

Left: 2.0, right: 5.1
        https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb-HPRWgAApY3F.jpg:orig
        https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb-INyW8AIYc4h.jpg:orig
        Wait, that says Season 1 Disc 2, Episode 8. So that should still be an issue with the subs on the S1 disc. I need to check those stuck subs though too.

Comment

Whoops, misread it as season 2. Still, this also is something that needs to be fixed, and further makes you wonder if there was any QC/QA being done here.
          Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Aw, geez! I was going to just let the dub issue slide (I don't watch dubs), but if there's a subtitle problem, that's another story. This is a big title, so WHY does Funi keep messing up?!

Comment

Okay, I can't fault them on a missing subtitle. Every company has that happen, not just Funimation.

Comment

I'm just wondering if it's not some kind of image buffer glitch. Although I never actually looked to see if Funi uses PGS subs, most everyone does, so I can't imagine they wouldn't. Because PGS are bitmaps that overlay onto the video, if the image buffer is tweaking out, it could explain stuck subs. If they stick like that on multiple players though, then the issue is inherent to the disc anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                  Okay, I can't fault them on a missing subtitle. Every company has that happen, not just Funimation.
                  Except it has been happening more with FUNi as of late. In addition to Code Geass, there was also a missing sub line in the Lucky Star teaser on their bonus DVD for Haruhi (this was the Haruhi parody clip that was also on one of Bandai's DVDs) plus there was also what happened with Eureka Seven when that came out and had an important line missing in an episode.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Still no word from Funi yet on shipping out the replacement discs? I guess we won't see them until 2017 now...
                    Last edited by t-Roy; 12-22-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                      Still no word from Funi yet on shipping out the replacement discs? I guess we won't see them until 2017 now...
                      Yeah, still haven't gotten anything. The reprint is in stock at TRSI too, so the discs are done. I emailed them yesterday to see if I could get some kind of idea when I'll be able to finally start watching Season 2. Hopefully they'll respond soon.

Comment

Well, I haven't submitted my request at this time as I'm still waiting to see just how this process is playing out. But in any case, this is just nothing short of frustrating that this is going on in the first place. At least the fixing is finished now that it is being reprinted for the stock at hand at Right Stuf, but this is just going to have to wait.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                        Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Code Geass Lelouch of the Revival PV - CAM

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            Well, I haven't submitted my request at this time as I'm still waiting to see just how this process is playing out. But in any case, this is just nothing short of frustrating that this is going on in the first place. At least the fixing is finished now that it is being reprinted for the stock at hand at Right Stuf, but this is just going to have to wait.
                            Funi really should have taken care of everyone that already bought their sets first. It seems to me Funi is just alienating those that pre-ordered the sets in favor of those that decided to wait. But Funi does things that make me scratch my head more and more these days. In a perfect world, Funi would have just sent the discs to retailers so that the retailers could send corrected discs to everybody. (I mean, retailers already HAVE our information for crying out loud!) But no, Funi makes us jump through hoops just so we can get a product we should have got in the first place! :Sigh:

...Yeah...this whole thing is just frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                              Funi really should have taken care of everyone that already bought their sets first. It seems to me Funi is just alienating those that pre-ordered the sets in favor of those that decided to wait. But Funi does things that make me scratch my head more and more these days. In a perfect world, Funi would have just sent the discs to retailers so that the retailers could send corrected discs to everybody. (I mean, retailers already HAVE our information for crying out loud!) But no, Funi makes us jump through hoops just so we can get a product we should have got in the first place! :Sigh:

...Yeah...this whole thing is just frustrating.
                              I'd like to say I was surprised that they pushed to retail first over those of us who have been waiting, but considering I got my Escaflowne Part 2 and Movie via retail a couple of days before I got my Kickstarter reward portion, and I used slower free shipping for the retail order, this was pretty much exacty what I expected would happen.

Comment

I forgot to ask here early on, but I feel that I already know the answer to it...
                                Haven't had any time to pull out my copy of the CE and check, but did it even include Stage 0.97 and Turn 12.06?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X