Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Funimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Seasons 1 & 2)

This is an extreme bummer of a situation. Was rewatching S1 with a friend (their first time watching the series) and might be able to afford this bluray LE before they visit again but considering I love the dub and have no interest in ever watching this show in any other way it kinda is a bummer if its a huge issue. I'm not a very tech savvy girl and I've been watching my Bandai DVD's so I was wondering if I'd be able to discern any difference in the audio between the bandai DVD's and Funi blurays of R2? I only have a basic 2.0 vizio sound bar and am not a person who would notice differences unless they were major so would it be fine for me in my case? Thanks!

Comment

Just got a reply from Rightstuf that they'll pass it on so yay for that. Meanwhile I'm still waiting to hear back from Funimation from either their social media or the contact form I filled out.
      My Anime List
      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by DuchessBianca View Post
        This is an extreme bummer of a situation. Was rewatching S1 with a friend (their first time watching the series) and might be able to afford this bluray LE before they visit again but considering I love the dub and have no interest in ever watching this show in any other way it kinda is a bummer if its a huge issue. I'm not a very tech savvy girl and I've been watching my Bandai DVD's so I was wondering if I'd be able to discern any difference in the audio between the bandai DVD's and Funi blurays of R2? I only have a basic 2.0 vizio sound bar and am not a person who would notice differences unless they were major so would it be fine for me in my case? Thanks!
        I'm watching Season 2 dubbed as I type using just the speakers on my TV. The audio is fine for non audiophiles and those without surround setups. I'm not excusing it and would totally snap up replacement discs but it's not unlistenable by any means. Just not ideal at all and certainly for the price not good enough from Funimation.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
          I'm watching Season 2 dubbed as I type using just the speakers on my TV. The audio is fine for non audiophiles and those without surround setups. I'm not excusing it and would totally snap up replacement discs but it's not unlistenable by any means. Just not ideal at all and certainly for the price not good enough from Funimation.
          Thanks for the reply! That's good to hear and I completely agree and hopefully it does get fixed, I just wanted to make sure for someone like me it wasn't an issue that makes it unlistenable or extremely egregious so I'll go ahead and get the bluray set then.

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
            Thanks for the reply! That's good to hear and I completely agree and hopefully it does get fixed, I just wanted to make sure for someone like me it wasn't an issue that makes it unlistenable or extremely egregious so I'll go ahead and get the bluray set then.
            Make sure you do contact Funi though so they'll think it's actually worth fixing.
            My Anime List
            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
              Make sure you do contact Funi though so they'll think it's actually worth fixing.
              Will do! Though I'm not sure whats the best place to send the message to as social media just seems too easy to overlook and they must recieve a ton of tweets and I doubt they read many of them. I'm leaning towards a support email from Funimation.com would have the best results and at least guarantee it being read.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                Will do! Though I'm not sure whats the best place to send the message to as social media just seems too easy to overlook and they must recieve a ton of tweets and I doubt they read many of them. I'm leaning towards a support email from Funimation.com would have the best results and at least guarantee it being read.
                Yea I just used the support page from their site.
                My Anime List
                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                  The epilogue is entirely skipped on the 2.0 tracks. It only plays when 5.1 is selected. In other words, if you're watching it in 2.0, you'll never see it playback, unless you choose the 5.1 track right before the ED credits.
                  That sounds a lot like what they did with Slayers s1's epilogue & the next episode previews on the DBZ Dragon Boxes.

So the season 1 epilogue can only be watched if the audio is on Japanese 5.1 from the start?
                  Last edited by NJ_; 10-10-2016, 10:25 PM.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                    Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                    The epilogue is entirely skipped on the 2.0 tracks. It only plays when 5.1 is selected. In other words, if you're watching it in 2.0, you'll never see it playback, unless you choose the 5.1 track right before the ED credits.
                    That sounds a lot like what they did with Slayers s1's epilogue & the next episode previews on the DBZ Dragon Boxes.

So the season 1 epilogue can only be watched if the audio is on Japanese 5.1 from the start?
                    No; you can switch before the ED starts, no need to have 5.1 selected for the entirety. You can watch in 2.0 if you prefer, but if you want to see that epilogue, you'll need to switch to the 5.1 track as soon as the episode ends. Keep in mind the epilogue plays after the ED and credits, so you can't just switch from the 2.0 to 5.1 while the ED plays because the epilogue is on a completely different playlist. So unless you're aware to select 5.1 for that sequence alone, you'll never know it's there if 2.0 is selected.

Comment

As I recall, didn't Bandai rig the S1 DVDs to only play the epilogue if you had it in Japanese, while the English track played the trailer for R2? Kinda surprised Funi didn't just set it up the same way, although I never understood why it never got dubbed in the first place. Still, it seems odd for this to only have it load if you have the 5.1 on and not the 2.0 Japanese track.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmullus View Post
                        As I recall, didn't Bandai rig the S1 DVDs to only play the epilogue if you had it in Japanese, while the English track played the trailer for R2?
                        No, that was only if you select the commentary for that episode from the extras menu because the Japanese cast continued up until the epilogue was over, this is the only commentary that's missing from FUNi's release and as for the main JP track, both that and the dub were synced to the same video so you get the R2 preview there too.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Well since the Japanese audio is untouched then it is not an issue for me, however, I do hope that Funi issues replacement discs for the fans who are affected by this defect. It is amazing to me that until now after almost 2 decades, companies still manage to make defective discs. Though to Funi's defense, it is the first time I heard of such issue related to any of their titles.
                          Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                            Originally posted by Schmullus View Post
                            As I recall, didn't Bandai rig the S1 DVDs to only play the epilogue if you had it in Japanese, while the English track played the trailer for R2?
                            No, that was only if you select the commentary for that episode from the extras menu because the Japanese cast continued up until the epilogue was over, this is the only commentary that's missing from FUNi's release and as for the main JP track, both that and the dub were synced to the same video so you get the R2 preview there too.
                            Ah, right. I knew there was some way to get it to play the epilogue, but it's been so long since I watched it, I couldn't remember for sure. Sucks to hear that commentary is missing too.

Comment

Got an email from Funi support about the audio issue. Seems they don't find it as an issue so all dub fans are SOL.

Hello Chisel,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have analyzed the English audio track and confirmed that it is indeed a stereo mix, not a mono mix. The English track for the Code Geass release uses the same mix that was previously released in our territory.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you!
                              Tom
                              Funimation.com Support
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Yeah I got that exact same e-mail. Disappointing.
                                "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X