• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Widgets Magazine
    via FUNimation.com
    August 10, 2013 - Flower Mound, TX -

[...]

During the Sunrise panel, which occurred prior to the FUNimation panel, it was announced that FUNimation has acquired the rights to the following titles:
    • Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion
    • Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

Re: FUNimation licenses Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Seasons 1 & 2)

Hoping for the BDs in good box art and such. Though didnt JPN rerelease it recently?
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
      Hoping for the BDs in good box art and such. Though didnt JPN rerelease it recently?
      Actually the season 1 BD box set is not due out in Japan until September 25th. Here's the listing on Amazon JP for the box set.
      My Anime List - My Collection
      Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
      Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
      Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I was hoping FUNimation would confirm Blu-ray rights at their panel. I sure hope they got them and will let us know before too long.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I never completed getting season 2 from Bandai so a confirmation of Bluray rights for both season will get me to preorder it day one.

Comment

Not sure if I enjoyed this series enough to double dip on it, assuming they get BD rights. I'll have to think about this one.
            What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
              I was hoping FUNimation would confirm Blu-ray rights at their panel. I sure hope they got them and will let us know before too long.
              I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't get BD rights for Code Geass, but it really would be nice to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't get BD rights for Code Geass, but it really would be nice to know for sure.
                Yeah, I'm not too worried. I just wish they could've let us know what else would get the BD upgrade like they did with Bebop.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Very happy to see Code Geass (trailer one & two) return. Not only is it another veteran of Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, but I really just enjoy shows with intelligent protagonists. Giant robots, world conquest, school life . . . what's not to like? And that's before you even get to the mind control, alternate history, and cosplay antics
                  Last edited by One Vorlon; 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM.
                  "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Another non-suprise here. I expect both seasons to be released on Blu-ray as well. If both seasons are really released on Blu-ray, I will most likely double dip.

Comment

Well it was released on BD in the UK, and already out on BD in Japan for a long time (the BD set is actually a re-release in a box set format). Therefore, the logic would be that they also have the BD rights. But an official confirmation would also be nice.
                      Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

I've held off on this series and Gundam 00 ever since finding out the Japanese released BD volumes. I pray that this gets a BD here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sickvisionz View Post
                          I've held off on this series and Gundam 00 ever since finding out the Japanese released BD volumes. I pray that this gets a BD here as well.
                          I'm sure it will, the question is when.
                          "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                          -My Collection
                          --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

I don't have Season 1 (only got S2 because it was a gift), but I only care if they are released on BD.
                            I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                              I don't have Season 1 (only got S2 because it was a gift), but I only care if they are released on BD.
                              Did season two make sense by itself? A lot happens in season one, and starting with the second season must have been a little rough, even with the "reboot".
                              "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X