Funimation licenses Cowboy Bebop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
    I'm curious about the disc count being six. There's obviously one new disc for the movie but what is the second one? Extras disc for the movie? I'm doubtful Funi would re-encode the series as they rarely do new encodes.
    Keep an eye on the anime limited set ? they might

Comment

• Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
      I'm curious about the disc count being six. There's obviously one new disc for the movie but what is the second one? Extras disc for the movie? I'm doubtful Funi would re-encode the series as they rarely do new encodes.
      I'm also doubting a new encode, so extras for the movie is probably the best bet. That said, I hate to think they'll be using Image's release of the movie, but if they aren't, why put the extra features on a separate disc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Footlong Shoe View Post

I'm also doubting a new encode, so extras for the movie is probably the best bet. That said, I hate to think they'll be using Image's release of the movie, but if they aren't, why put the extra features on a separate disc?
        Only thing I can come up with is the extras from the Columbia DVD are standard def only and so they didn't put them on the BD. Kinda like what they did with The Girl who Leapt Through Time and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

Only thing I can come up with is the extras from the Columbia DVD are standard def only and so they didn't put them on the BD. Kinda like what they did with The Girl who Leapt Through Time and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
          That's a sound theory but it's also worth pointing out that in the concept images, all the discs say "Blu-ray" on them (at least when it's visible). It's true that these designs may not be final but I imagine if they know the amount of discs, they know what format they'll be as well.

Comment

Hopefully they pot out the movie in a stand alone release. I'd buy that again.
            Same. I forgot Sony owns them now, so makes sense that it was included. I also got the previous blu ray LE release, so no need to get this whole set (plus I don't care for vinyls).

Comment

• https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba.../#2fec39487d86
              Just now noticed that the Forbes' article also lists "On-disc special features including a newly recorded extra." That new extra might indicate re authored discs as a whole.
              My Anime List

Comment

• Yeah I missed out on the previous LE's sadly I so would have gone for the Amazon LE at the time. While for me this is a bit on the high end of "price" which is my breaking point for Cowboy Bebop I make an exception here. The one that appeals to me the most is "The Bounty Hunter's Steel" and its not because of its low price lol. I really like steelbook cases and prefer them over others because generally there is more artwork on those kind of cases.

Would be interesting if they did re-authored the discs for these collections. In a way since this is a premium collection I would think so since they would want the menus to be similar across all six discs and if there is new content then they would have to redo at least the extras disc.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Bebop-...s=cowboy+bebop
                  Amazon LE is still up for $79.95
                  My Anime List

Comment

I'm shocked I overlooked this now I must re-weigh my options lol My budget screams get the Amazon LE but I wants "The Bounty Hunter's Steel" CE if it reaches the threshold to get produced lol

The thing is I have an addiction to steelbooks and will purchase a CE just to get them. Looks over at my God of War CE and sighs.

Comment

• I actually think Funimation gets severe respect for keeping their Webstore LE version to a single print (which they could have easily violated given the ebay prices) and reissuing the Amazon one periodically since it was not a numbered edition.

Comment

• https://www.funimation.com/bebop20th
                        WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT?
                        • We're presenting three options varying in price and style to pick from. You make the choice to reserve a copy and if your favorite design reaches 1,000 reservations it'll be made!
                        • Any set that reaches 1,000 reservations will be made. Depending on what fans choose, we could be making one, two, or all three sets! The best way to ensure you get the one you want is to reserve it now.
                        HOW DOES IT WORK?
                        • During a one-month period from May 1st to May 31st, you will have the opportunity to pick one or more of these three sets to reserve. By reserving your copy, you agree to buy the product you've chosen if it reaches 1,000 reservations by the end of the one-month period.
                        • Your card will not be charged at the time you reserve your copy.
                        • Reserving your copy early has its perks-as an early supporter we want to thank you by including a certificate of authenticity that is individually stamped and numbered*. Not only that, you'll get yours before anyone else!
                        • If the set you reserved does not hit 1,000 reservations, you will NOT be charged.
                        * Sets not numbered in order of purchase.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE RESERVATION PERIOD?
                        • After May 31st, if the set or sets you reserved successfully hit 1,000 reservations, your card will be charged. Any successful set will officially go into production and you will receive it later this year!
                        • Once the reservation period ends, a general purchase period will begin lasting from May 31st to July 13th. It will be open to all fans, including those who did not reserve previously-but only successful sets will be available to buy.
                        • As thanks for anyone who participated in the reservation period (regardless of the set's success) any sets that you add on during this purchase period will include the individually stamped and numbered certificate of authenticity and will be shipped to you before anyone else.
                        • While there is no limit to the number of sets that you can buy, there is a limit to when you can purchase them: either the reservation period or the general purchase period. At the end of the general purchase period, we will close off all orders, finalize the order quantity, and send it to production.
                        THE BEBOP CREW | $550 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-blr-00232
                        Bring home the entire crew in style with a set that's your jam! See all the details for this set:
                        • Two PVC figure bookends featuring the Bebop crew
                        • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in a digipak disc holder
                        • On-disc special features including a newly recorded extra-more details to come!
                        • Two-LP Vinyl record set of the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack
                        • 200-Page hardcover art book featuring illustrations and newly-translated intensive liner notes by Dai Sato
                        • Five lithographs
                        THE BOOGIE WOOGIE BOX | $350 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-bld-00702
                        Get a collection that'll jive with you in all the right ways. See what tune this sets bringing:
                        • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in a digipak disc holder
                        • On-disc special features including a newly recorded extra-more details to come!
                        • A unique display rigid box with metal clasps
                        • 200-Page hardcover art book featuring illustrations and newly-translated intensive liner notes by Dai Sato
                        • Five lithographs
                        THE BOUNTY HUNTER'S STEEL | $250 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...tion-blr-00231
                        Bring home a bounty that's more than worth its weight! Get ready to see stars with this set:
                        • Limited Edition Rigid Collector's Box
                        • The complete series PLUS Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door on six Blu-ray discs in three steel collector cases
                        • Five lithographs
                        HAVE QUESTIONS?
                        Why 1,000 units?
                        In order to get the products manufactured, we have to meet a minimum order number.

If a set doesn't hit 1,000 reservations, will it really never be created?
                        Yes, as mentioned above, manufacturing requires a minimum quantity. So, if a set doesn't hit the goal, it doesn't get made.

What if none of the sets hit 1,000 reservations?
                        Then we're all gonna carry that weight-because none of the sets will be made.

Do I have to pay immediately?
                        No, your information will be gathered, but your card will not be charged until the set reaches its goal and is confirmed for production on May 31st.

Can I reserve more than one?
                        Yep, yep, yep! If you've got the woolong then you've got the means to reserve on multiple sets. You can even reserve multiple copies of each collector's edition if you so choose.

When will I receive my copy?
                        For any successful sets, products will ship in time for the holidays.

What if I just want to buy the soundtrack?
                        Per our agreement with the music company, Flying Dog, we can only sell this soundtrack vinyl bundled with the collector's edition. A vinyl only set will not be available.

What if I just want to buy the movie?
                        While we don't have all the details right now, we WILL be releasing the Cowboy Bebop movie as a standalone release in the future.

Is there a limit to the number of collector's editions that can be reserved or produced?
                        No. Keep in mind that there is a limited time to buy the collector's editions-either the reservation period or the general purchase period.

Why aren't you hosting this project on a crowdfunding site like Kickstarter?
                        The short answer? We're not looking for crowdfunding for this set. By providing these three sets, we want to give you the power to choose what you're getting. Unlike Kickstarter campaigns, we're not asking for funding and we're not answering a yes or no question-we're trying to figure out what kind of set you want. While we love and support (and back!) lots of projects for new anime releases or new dubs for North America, we feel this project requires a different platform.
                        NOTE: November 13, 2018 is the release date noted on all 3 pre-order listings
                        NOTE 2: Reservation counter is NOT live. Updated every 24 hours.
                        Last edited by WTK; 05-01-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I want to know if the newly recorded extra will be exclusive to this set or if it will come with the Movie later as well.
                          My Anime List

Comment

• I guess since we don't know what will actually get made, I'll just wait for the general purchase period and make my decisions then.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• And with that, the de facto Kickstarter campaign has begun. I'll be curious to see which ones actually get made. In any case, I'm good with what I have seeing that I have already blown through nearly half of my anime budget for the year, and I would be double dipping.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                              Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• I'll stick with my Amazon LE, but am looking forward to the eventual Movie release. Hope the newly recorded extras will also be on the standard Movie release.
                                My Anime List
                                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X