Aniplex of America licenses Kill la Kill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aniplex of America licenses Kill la Kill

^ Yeah, I'm so glad most companies don't do singles anymore. One missing volume with Aniplex especially pretty much means the death of owning a series since it's almost impossible to get anything Aniplex anywhere else if RS doesn't have it.

Comment

Yes, hence why I gave up on Sword Art Online. Aniplex is such a fucking worthless company when it comes to physical media. It really makes me mad, and very few things done by R1 companies make me mad. I really want to own this...maybe I'll try to get the singles I guess but it just seems like such a waste to not do a complete collection.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

I'm really surprised that the Kill la Kill sets have started going OOP so soon. Even the TTGL stuff is still in stock. Except for the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jala12 View Post
          I'm really surprised that the Kill la Kill sets have started going OOP so soon. Even the TTGL stuff is still in stock. Except for the movies.
          Technically, that was a re-release since Bandai released it first (in MULTIPLE fashions) so there are PLENTY of copies around for the series if you're not picky about the distributor for TTGL. I still have my Bandai release and never re-bought Aniplex's release...mainly because I wasn't that impressed by the show. (Not my cup of tea.) ...Except the movies are hard to find, but the series itself is relatively easy to find.

Comment

You can import the movies soon from the UK. As for the Bandai releases of Gurren Lagann, keep in mind the Anime Legends set was one of the titles hit by those doing copy-cat bootlegs. You literally need the set in your hands and to put the discs in your computer to see if they're real or not. These same bootleggers did it to Neon Genesis Evangelion, Aniplex USA releases (except they used BD-Rs), Samurai Pizza Cats, and Rurouni Kenshin.
            Last edited by BigOnAnime; 12-20-2016, 10:19 AM.
            Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Technically, that was a re-release since Bandai released it first (in MULTIPLE fashions) so there are PLENTY of copies around for the series if you're not picky about the distributor for TTGL. I still have my Bandai release and never re-bought Aniplex's release...mainly because I wasn't that impressed by the show. (Not my cup of tea.) ...Except the movies are hard to find, but the series itself is relatively easy to find.
              I was more referring to the BD releases. Just seems odd that KLK would go OOP first when it was releasing at more or less the same time as the TTGL sets. You would think that they would make less copies of the older show and more copies of the newer show. I get the feeling that they might to a complete collection sometime down the line for KLK.

You can import the movies soon from the UK.
              Is this region free? Doesn't seem like it according to the product description..

Comment

AFAIK with a select few exceptions (only one I know is the Psycho-Pass movie IIRC), all of Anime Limited's releases are Region B only. Still, all you need is a region-free or region B Blu-ray player and you're good to go.
                Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

^ Mai Mai Miracle is multi region (at least for the kickstarter it was so I assume the eventual retail release will be multi region too.) But that's obviously the exception, not the rule.

Comment

• English dub streaming @ https://www.hulu.com/kill-la-kill

Comment

• Kill la Kill (dub) now streaming @ http://www.crunchyroll.com/kill-la-kill

Comment

• Noted as OOP from a TRSI email blast earlier today...https://www.rightstufanime.com/categ...t%20of%20print

Kill La Kill 4 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD + Bonus DVD
                        Retail Price: $74.98
                        Your Price: $59.98

Kill La Kill DVD 1
                        Retail Price: $39.98
                        Your Price: $29.98

Kill La Kill DVD 2
                        Retail Price: $39.98
                        Your Price: $29.98

Kill La Kill Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD 1 + CD
                        Retail Price: $74.98
                        Your Price: $59.98

Comment

• This show desperately needs a complete Blu-ray set. Aniplex is so horrible about that when it comes to legacy shows.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Kill La Kill 4 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD + Bonus DVD
                            https://www.rightstufanime.com/Kill-...tion-Bonus-DVD
                            Out of Print. Click below to be notified by e-mail when product is in stock.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X