Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular!

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “WATAMATOE ~ NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT,
    IT’S YOU GUYS’ FAULT I’M NOT POPULAR!”

HOUSTON, July 7, 2013 — It’s grand delusions, desperate measures and more than a few dates with destiny in Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular! This 12 episode series is directed by Shin Oonuma (Kokoro Connect) and features character designs by Hideki Furukawa with series composition by Takao Yoshioka (Demon King Daimao) and sound direction by Saotshi Motoyama (From the New World).

At the tender age of 15, Kuroki Tomoko has already dated dozens and dozens of boys and she’s easily the most popular girl around! The only problem is that absolutely none of that is real, and her perfect world exists only via dating games and romance shows. In fact, the sad truth is that she gets tongue tied just talking to people, and throughout middle school she’s only had one actual friend. All of which makes Kuroki’s entrance into the social pressure cooker of high school a new and special kind of hell. Because while Kuroki desperately wants to be popular, she’s actually worse off than she would be if she was completely clueless as to how to go about it. After all, the things that work in “otome” games rarely play out the same way in reality, especially when the self-appointed “leading lady” isn’t the paragon she thinks she is. There’s not much gain and plenty of pain ahead, but even if it happens again and again, there’s always someone else to blame in WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!

WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular! will be available starting in July through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

About Sentai Filmworks
    Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Last edited by WTK; 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular!

And the newest binge continues from Sentai. Though I wouldn't mind it if they stepped back and picked up some more shows from a few years ago that went overlooked in that period around 2007-2010 when the US licensors started scaling back on licensing and several shows I was interested in went without being picked up...

Comment

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular!

Sentai is continuing its licensing binge here. It's another show that I have great interest in.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
      Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
      Simulcasts: TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Wow...the English title has become longer? I wonder how they'll fit that title on a DVD/Blu-ray cover.
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Well, this means I can skip putting it on my most wanted list. Granted I was going to wait until I saw episode 1 to be sure, but whatever.

Comment

And Sentai continues to license most of the Crunchyroll simulcasts of the season, which is most of the new series of the season. Cool. As this is another one that hasn't started, I don't know how I'll feel about it yet, but it looks like it could have potential.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by Akcoll99 View Post
              And the newest binge continues from Sentai. Though I wouldn't mind it if they stepped back and picked up some more shows from a few years ago that went overlooked in that period around 2007-2010 when the US licensors started scaling back on licensing and several shows I was interested in went without being picked up...
              This is my disappointment of AX, but oh well. I do want Watamote, I think, so I'm happy.

Comment

English narrated promo from The Anime Network.

WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! Promo

Comment

I hope they give it a BD release

Comment

Title: WATAMOTE COMPLETE COLLECTION | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfwat100
                    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
                    Distributed by: Section23 Films
                    Run Time: 300 min.
                    Street Date: 8/26/2014
                    Format: DVD
                    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
                    SRP: $59.98

Special Features: Clean Opening Animations; Clean Closing Animations
                    Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (100 min) eps. 5-8; Disc 3 (100 min) eps. 9-12

Title: WATAMOTE COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfbwat100
                    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
                    Distributed by: Section23 Films
                    Run Time: 300 min.
                    Street Date: 8/26/2014
                    Format: BD
                    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
                    SRP: $69.98

Special Features: Clean Opening Animations; Clean Closing Animations
                    Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (75 min) eps. 10-12

Comment

Really looking forward to this release! Any chance it could be for sale at Otakon this year?
                      Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
                      Watching: Dagashi Kashi
                      Reading: School-Live!
                      Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
                      Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

With the amount of buzz and fanfare surrounding this title I'm a little surprised there's only going to be clean OP/ED for extras. Granted there may not be much in the way of special features on the Japanese side, but Sentai/Seraphim could've produced some commentaries or other such in-house extras.
                        "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                        -My Collection
                        --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                          With the amount of buzz and fanfare surrounding this title I'm a little surprised there's only going to be clean OP/ED for extras. Granted there may not be much in the way of special features on the Japanese side, but Sentai/Seraphim could've produced some commentaries or other such in-house extras.
                          Has any of Sentai released any audio commentaries for their releases before? Looking at the recent ones I don't see any included with them.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                            Has any of Sentai released any audio commentaries for their releases before? Looking at the recent ones I don't see any included with them.
                            Compared to the ADV days it's nowhere near as common but off the top of my head, one of the Clannad sets and one of the Shinkai movies has English commentaries.
                            "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                            -My Collection
                            --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                              Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, MM! (first episode), My Little Sister Is Among Them (select episodes), Maria Holic Alive are the titles off the top of my head. These are Japanese commentaries. I don't think Sentai does English commentaries.
                              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X