X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Brothers Conflict

Widgets Magazine
    via FUNimation.com | PV
    FUNimation acquires streaming rights for Brothers Conflict and Danganronpa: The Animation

June 28, 2013 – Flower Mound, TX – FUNimation announced today that it has acquired the streaming rights for two of the 2013 summer simulcast shows – Brothers Conflict and Danganronpa: The Animation.

Brothers Conflict has previously been adapted into a PlayStation Portable game and a 4-panel manga series. The anime series is set to air in July 2013 in Japan.

Synopsis:
    Brothers Conflict revolves around Hinata Ema, the only daughter of a famous adventurer. When her father decides to remarry, she leaves the lovebirds alone and moves in with her 13 new step-brothers.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-11-2013, 04:48 PM.

Re: FUNimation licenses Brothers Conflict

This is a rather interesting license for Funi considering that I don't think that they have licensed any O-game adaptations before. This looked like something that was headed for Sentai. In any case, I plan on checking this one out after finally being able to watch one of these shows to the end in Amnesia last winter, though being a Funi stream puts it on a shorter leash than I would on Crunchyroll.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
    Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
    Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Could it be...? My dream of a reverse harem is slowly coming true?
      I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
      Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Odd choice. I wonder who will end up getting Fall's Diabolik Lovers now.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

FUNi getting the reverse-Sister Princess. Wierd .
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Surprised Funi got this but I'll always give shows like this a shot.

Comment

It was probably pretty unlikely that I was going to follow this anyway, so I guess I'm not too disappointed that FUNimation got it, even if I still want Crunchyroll to get as much of every season as possible. And since they did get it, that probably kills any chance of me following it, unless their new site is actually remotely decent.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              Fandom Post Radio

Comment

via FUNimation.com | PV
                Brothers Conflict
                Launch: Episodes 1, 2, and 3 July 16th at 11pm CT
                Simulcasts Tuesdays at 11pm CT
                Last edited by WTK; 07-11-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Well, at least once they get started, it'll be less than a day's delay.

Hopefully it goes up on Hulu quickly.
                  Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

Better late than never, cant wait to see the twins.
                    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Brothers Conflict series page is now up (http://www.funimation.com/brothers-conflict). Series is from Showgate.

EDIT: now up @ Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/brothers-conflict)

EDIT 2: official subtitled OP & ED (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...JBGXIK_jYYQjSL)
                      Last edited by WTK; 07-18-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

FUNimation just nabbed the home video rights!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...m_nooverride=1
                        I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                        Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post

I hope they follow this up with Danganronpa
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post

Even though it is one of their lesser titles, Funimation just doesn't leave titles out there without home video rights, so pretty much only in extreme situations do they totally walk away from it. Anyway, I'm quite sure that rights for Danganronpa are not too far away to finish out their Summer 2013 catalog, while their entire Fall 2013 catalog is complete in that department as they only had four titles (before adding Wanna Be the Strongest in the World) that season.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                            Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                            Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Even though it is one of their lesser titles, Funimation just doesn't leave titles out there without home video rights, so pretty much only in extreme situations do they totally walk away from it.
                              The Tatami Galaxy? Kyousougiga? Rainbow? There's also the case of House of Five Leaves, where another company released it on home video instead of Funimation. There's plenty of titles that they seem happy to ignore.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X