Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Aniplex of America licenses SERVANT x SERVICE

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.aniplexusa.com/pdf/PRServ...itionFINAL.pdf
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 20, 2013

Aniplex of America has Acquired
    the Anime Series SERVANT × SERVICE

SANTA MONICA, CA (June 20, 2013) – Aniplex of America has just announced that they have acquired the highly anticipated animation series of this season, SERVANT × SERVICE and it will be streaming as part of their summer line-up. SERVANT × SERVICE is the newest animation series produced by A-1 Pictures, the studio that produced numerous internationally acclaimed anime titles such as Sword Art Online, Blue Exorcist, and Oreimo 2. In addition to their streaming plans, Aniplex of America is also planning on a home release version of SERVANT × SERVICE on disc. Details about the physical release will be announced at a later date.

Originally a popular four-panel manga series, SERVANT × SERVICE is a story following Lucy Yamagami, an employee of the Health and Welfare Division, at a certain government ward office in Hokkaido prefecture. The slice-of-life comedy follows Lucy’s day-to-day as a newly hired public servant alongside her eccentric colleagues and how they all actively and covertly serve their community every day. SERVANT × SERVICE touches upon situations that are similar to what often occur in actual Japanese ward offices since the author of the manga, Karino Takatsu was formerly employed at a government ward office herself.

Hideki Goto, the President of Animation Business of Aniplex of America expressed how he looks forward to SERVANT × SERVICE streaming this summer. “We are very excited to have acquired SERVANT × SERVICE for this season. This is a very enjoyable series so I am very glad that we are able to make it available for our anime fans.”

For more information on SERVANT × SERVICE, visit: www.AniplexUSA.com/servantservice
    Last edited by WTK; 06-20-2013, 01:38 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses SERVANT × SERVICE

Can't say I'm not surprised by this just my concern on how they will handle a physical release down the road. For some reason I can perhaps see why NISA is having trouble getting the license on Bluray for season 1 and 2 of Working.

Comment

This is from the same mangaka as Working! so it will be good.
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

I was pretty much expecting this to happen. It seems like something that has potential to be something really good.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
        Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
        Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Extremely excited about this show because of my love for Working!!, so I'm glad to see a licensing announcement.

Though I'd also like to see a domestic physical release of Working'!! at some point as well, having reminded myself about it.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

So AoA is picking up all the A-1 stuff nice and early. I don't have any reason to care about this one yet other than that, but it's still good to see them on top of this. I'll obviously be watching it, and maybe it will be a pleasant surprise.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

This one's on my list so I'm happy to see that it'll be streamed.

Comment

After the past few seasons I started to wonder, but it's looking more and more true, I guess AoA is picking up all the new Aniplex titles now.
                Which kind of saddens me, I guess we won't get things like Inu X Boku SS or Tsuritama at reasonable prices anymore.

My AP Profile

Comment

Originally posted by The Coffee God View Post
                  After the past few seasons I started to wonder, but it's looking more and more true, I guess AoA is picking up all the new Aniplex titles now.
                  Which kind of saddens me, I guess we won't get things like Inu X Boku SS or Tsuritama at reasonable prices anymore.
                  I'm not completely happy about Aniplex USA's pricing model either, but the way I see it, the more Aniplex handles themselves, the more non-Aniplex titles the other companies can handle. They all have their ups and downs, anyway. When it comes to a title I really want to collect, I would rather have that ridiculously expensive release over a barebones sub-only defective DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    I'm not completely happy about Aniplex USA's pricing model either, but the way I see it, the more Aniplex handles themselves, the more non-Aniplex titles the other companies can handle. They all have their ups and downs, anyway. When it comes to a title I really want to collect, I would rather have that ridiculously expensive release over a barebones sub-only defective DVD.
                    I don't really want to get into the whole "AoA price" debate, but I did want to clarify a bit.

Don't get me wrong, for something I completely adore and love, like say, Madoka, I'd fork over the cash for, a little hesitant, but I would.
                    However, for things that I merely like or like a lot and just want in my collection for the sake of having it in my collection, I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of price for.

I happened to really like Inu X Boku SS, but I wouldn't have known that had AoA picked it up.
                    As I usually don't watch AoA series unless it's something I was already interested in and wanted to watch from the start, before AoA picked it up.

I'm just kinda sad that, unless it's some obscure title no one cares about, or one of the other companies gets unbelievably "lucky" now, it's looking like AoA will be the "go-to" company for Aniplex titles, negating any chance of a relatively painless purchase for me for series that I mildly/moderately enjoyed.

My AP Profile

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      I don't really want to get into the whole "AoA price" debate, but I did want to clarify a bit.

Don't get me wrong, for something I completely adore and love, like say, Madoka, I'd fork over the cash for, a little hesitant, but I would.
                      However, for things that I merely like or like a lot and just want in my collection for the sake of having it in my collection, I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of price for.
                      Well, that's my line of thinking, anyway. I will gladly splurge for something I really love, provided that the product does not rival the price of importing it. But shows I have high, but not high enough, interest for, I absolutely won't get it. With Funi or Sentai, I would have bought it, but not if Aniplex releases it. In any case, I pretty much agree about having the whole enchilada with all the bells and whistles over the bare bones releases and it costs a lot of money to do so.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

This one is on my summer list and is one I'm really looking forward to.

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                        Though I'd also like to see a domestic physical release of Working'!! at some point as well...
                        That would be nice indeed.
                        Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                        Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                        Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

I bought Madoka, but just the normal BD release, not the limited. But I thought that show was exceptional.
                          I don't have the money to buy everything I would like and when it comes to some of their other shows they just can't compete. From the PV I found on Youtube SERVANT × SERVICE sounds like a show I will really like, but I'll have to wait and see what they do to it.

Example from my latest order.
                          Hanasaku Iroha. Both sets will cost me $104 and that's a deluxe release artbook and box. Compare...

Gurren Lagann TV. A DVD only deluxe set (but a licence rescue of something I already have) for $140? Just NO.
                          Wake me when the BD set is $99 like ROD xmas special (not holding my breath).
                          Nisemonogatari - 11 episodes with box and small art book, almost NISA quality at double the price $120, maybe on sale some day.
                          Sword Art Online - Not a big fan myself but I think this could do well mainstream, but not at $90 for 7 episodes. Same for Magi, it could sell big mainstream but not at the price I expect them to charge, the people who would buy it will just buy Fairytail.

Comment

From yesterday...SERVANT x SERVICE Trailer

Comment

The series is starting to stream on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/servant-x-service).

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X