Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks announces license of Mardock Scramble films trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks announces license of Mardock Scramble films trilogy

Widgets Magazine
    via PR... | Official JP site / Trailer
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES
    LICENSE of “MARDOCK SCRAMBLE”

HOUSTON, June 20, 2011—Sentai Filmworks today announced the licensing of MARDOCK SCRAMBLE, a spectacular new trilogy of animated features based on the original novel by Tow Ubukata (Le Chevalier D’Eon.) An ultraviolent new franchise in which a murdered girl is transformed into a cybernetic grim reaper, the first film in the series will be directed by Susumu Kudo (He Is My Master, Mirage of Blaze) from screenplays by Ubutaka himself and with character designs by Jun Nakai (Sacred Blacksmith, Tokyo Majin) and Shingo Suzuki (Princess Lover.)

To stop the unstoppable you need the irresistible. To kill the unkillable, you need someone for whom death no longer has a meaning. And to catch the perfect serial killer, you need the one person who knows his methods the best… his last victim! Murdered and reborn, no longer human, the female cyborg named Balot exists for only one reason – to track down the man who killed her and bring him to justice. But can even the ultimate hybrid between ghost and machine take down a monster who wipes his own memory… especially when HIS partner already has HER in his sights? The future will be painted blood red as vengeance hit the streets in MARDOCK SCRAMBLE!

MARDOCK SCRAMBLE: THE FIRST COMPRESSION, the first film in the new hit series, will be available this September in both English dubbed and English subtitled versions on DVD and via digital retailers. A Blu-Ray version is planned for 2012 release.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.
    # # #
    Last edited by WTK; 06-20-2011, 12:50 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks Announces License of Mardock Scramble

Ah, well, that saves me from import costs. Well played, Sentai.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Nice of them to mention that a BD release is forthcoming as opposed to making us guess if there would be.

Comment

It works for me. Glad to see this licensed. I guess I will be waiting for the BD release.

Comment

On one hand, it sounds like it has a lot of potential if done right. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like a series meant for me. So, I'll be passing on it myself. Still it is nice to see that at least one title planned for September managed to get mentioned while it's still June... Now they just need to mention the rest of them already.

Comment

AWESOME! Sorry for the caps, but I'm really excited about this. Really enjoyed the first movie at NYAF last year and was going to import, but not without subtitles. Thanks Sentai!
            Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
            Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Haven't really kept-up with this series, since it went from a cancelled OVA to an actual product. Now that it's licensed, I'll keep my eyes on things and will maybe nab the BD, once it hits next year.
              Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Never heard of it before, but it does sound pretty awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Very Cool, Sentai! Can't wait for the BD release. :D
                  Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Judging by how the PR reads, it sounds like they've already licensed the whole trilogy and the second film isn't even out yet. Nice.

I've been wanting to see this ever since I first read about it. I'll wait for the Blu-ray next year though.
                    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome.
                      Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

The title sounds familiar, but can't find much information. Oh, I'm probably remembering the novel/manga, which I had saved in my shopping cart for awhile. And it appears I did in fact, order the first manga volume.

I do like Range Murata's artwork, so it's kinda disappointing to see he wasn't kept on after the cancelled OVA. I'll probably check out the movies if I like the first graphic novel.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

This is great news! I'll definitely be getting this.

Comment

It's one of those things where I've heard the name but I know nothing else about it. From the summary it doesn't sound like it comes under one of my main interests but I'll probably pick up the BD
                            Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                            Currently Watching: UN-GO
                            [Collection March '12]

Comment

This sounds promising, so it might be an increasingly rare Sentai purchase for me.
                              MAL Profile | My Figure Collection | Twitter

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X