Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses Gatchaman (TV, OVAs, Movie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Gatchaman (TV, OVAs, Movie)

Gatchaman the Movie (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch...aman-The-Movie)
    Starts: 10/16/2015
    Languages: Japanese w/ English Subtitles
    Last edited by WTK; 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Movie screenshots via Blu-ray.com

Comment

Gatchaman TV + OVA Complete Collection DVD (http://www.rightstufanime.com/Gatcha...Collection-Hyb)
        Out of Print. Add to your wishlist to keep track of possible future reprints or replenishments.

Comment

Title: GATCHAMAN ll COMPLETE COLLECTION
          Published by: Sentai Filmworks
          Distributed by: Section23 Films
          Run Time: 1300 min.
          Street Date: 4/18/2017
          Format: DVD
          Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
          SRP: $79.98

SYNOPSIS: It's been two years since the International Science Organization and their elite Science Ninja Team strike force defeated the threat of GALACTOR at the cost of Joe the Condor's life. However, there's no time limit on evil, and when Leader X stages a horrific attack on a cruise ship, there's only one force in the universe with a chance of stopping them! Can the Gatchaman team adapt to working with Joe's replacement in time to stop Leader X from mutating one of the victims into GALACTOR's new leader? Or does the ISO have a secret weapon lurking in the wings, ready to help save the day? For the first time, the uncut, uncensored second season of the series that set the standard for Japanese science fiction storms American shores in GATCHAMAN II!

Disc 1 (125 min) eps. 1-5; Disc 2 (150 min) eps. 6-11; Disc 3 (150 min) eps. 12-17; Disc 4 (150 min) eps. 18-23; Disc 5 (150 min) eps. 24-29; Disc 6 (150 min) eps. 30-35; Disc 7 (150 min) eps. 36-41; Disc 8 (150 min) eps. 42-47; Disc 9 (125 min) eps. 48-52

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

---

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI...

Gatchaman II: Complete Collection - 1300 minutes - $79.98 - 4/18/17 [sub only]
          - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection
          Last edited by WTK; 12-20-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

This is freaking awesome, especially to see it in an affordable complete set like this. I had honestly given up on their tatsunoko license deal.
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

It's a shame that Gatchaman II has yet to get a BD release even in Japan, but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

I figured the window of time for Gatchaman II to get any dubbing had long passed (that, and it being an old series + Sentai dubs being iffy in likelihood as it is), so I'm not surprised it's sub-only. But, I am really glad that Sentai's finally licensed it. I'm hoping we'll see more of whatever else was in the Tatsunoko deal come out of the woodwork eventually, and Fighter to get some release.

Comment

Great news ! I hope that Gatchaman F won't be far behind it
                  Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Gatchaman Fighter: Complete Collection - 1200 minutes - $79.98 - 7/4/17
                    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection
                    Japanese with English subtitles.

Title: GATCHAMAN FIGHTER COMPLETE COLLECTION
                    Run Time: 1200 min.
                    Street Date: 7/4/2017
                    Format: DVD
                    Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
                    SRP: $79.98

SYNOPSIS: The fight against Leader X was finally over, but a small portion of his evil remained and regenerated into Leader Z! Now, with the aid of the monstrous Count Egobossler, the Gatchaman team's arch-foe is out to destroy the world again, and even though their ranks have been decimated, the Gatchaman force has no choice but to keep fighting. To combat their new foes, they'll need new weapons and new allies, but their mission remains the same: protect the Earth and Mankind, no matter the cost. And that cost may prove to be the ultimate one when the new Gatchafencer blade wielded by Ken turns out to be a double-edged sword. Find out who will live, who will die, and who will triumph as Japan's most famous sci-fi fighter team takes on their greatest challenge in GATCHAMAN FIGHTER!

Disc 1 (125 min) eps. 1-5; Disc 2 (150 min) eps. 6-11; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 12-16; Disc 4 (150 min) eps. 17-22; Disc 5 (150 min) eps. 23-28; Disc 6 (125 min) eps. 29-33; Disc 7 (125 min) eps. 34-38; Disc 8 (125 min) eps. 39-43; Disc 9 (125 min) eps. 44-48

Last edited by WTK; 03-21-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Gatchaman (TV + OVA + Movie): Complete Collection (Blu-ray LE) - 2880 minutes - $149.98 - 4/30/19
                      - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/col...ectors-edition
                      Special Features: 64 page Alex Ross Artbook; Interviews; Commentaries; Profiles; Sketches; Audition Footage; Music; Galleries
                      Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (225 min) eps. 10-18; Disc 3 (225 min) eps. 19-27; Disc 4 (225 min) eps. 28-36; Disc 5 (225 min) eps. 37-45; Disc 6 (225 min) eps. 46-54; Disc 7 (225 min) eps. 55-63; Disc 8 (225 min) eps. 64-72; Disc 9 (225 min) eps. 73-81; Disc 10 (225 min) eps. 82-90; Disc 11 (225 min) eps. 91-99; Disc 12 (150 min) eps. 100-105; Disc 13 (145 min) OVA's; Disc 14 (110 min) Movie; Disc 15 extras disc

Title: GATCHAMAN COLLECTORS EDITION
                      Run Time: 2880 min.
                      Street Date: 4/30/2019
                      Format: BD
                      Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
                      SRP: $149.98
                      Last edited by WTK; 01-17-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Hmm, I wonder if they plan to fix anything for this release? I know the previous TV/OVA BDs were authored by DLW but I don't think there were any issues with it but then I read at the Blu-ray forums that the video extras were stretched to 16:9 or something like that...
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• I have the previous Blu release so I'll probably pass on the LE release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                            I have the previous Blu release so I'll probably pass on the LE release.
                            Same here. The Alex Ross booklet, the movie (which I can buy separately) and the nicer packaging aren't worth spending 150 bucks on this show all over again, but I'm glad Sentai still thinks Gatchaman is a franchise worth milking, because I'm hoping they'll release the second TV series on Blu-ray in the near future.
                            Last edited by Zhou; 01-18-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• For the curious, the BD LE is housed in a slipcase (pretty much same style as the previous release).

Comment

• Got the new set today and can confirm a few things since as expected, the discs were re-authored.

https://twitter.com/NJ_/status/1122261700613476353 (thread)

-New menus with the main Gatchaman theme playing.
                                -Subs are locked and also resized looking a bit smaller (similar to Patlabor's recent release).
                                -Video extras are restored to their proper 4:3 aspect ratio.

The only flaw I noticed is they didn't redo the English credit scrolls so you still have the same Blu-ray and DVD production staff as on the previous release.
                                Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X