Widgets Magazine

Media Blasters Acquires Yamibo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after all that, Media Blasters just decided to pull the plug on the BD release. So much for all that, which I'm not surprised given the way they have been operating.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
    Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• it is a avex title tho ....

Comment

• Unfortunately, we've been informed by the manufacturer that Yamibou has been indefinitely delayed. We'll put the item back up on our website once we receive a new solicitation.

Comment

• It took a bit longer than I expected, but I got a cancellation email for my order yesterday, so that's the end of that. Even if it does go back up for order, I don't think I'm going to bother with it.
          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
            It took a bit longer than I expected, but I got a cancellation email for my order yesterday, so that's the end of that. Even if it does go back up for order, I don't think I'm going to bother with it.
            Yeah, really. It took quite a while for me to get a cancellation too, but even if it comes back I probably won't order it until it actually gets released, if ever. Media Blasters used to be pretty decent, but it seems like now it's slowly falling a downward spiral. I think I'd be relieved when they finally close up shop, and that makes me sad.

Comment

• BD available for pre-order again @ https://www.rightstufanime.com/Yamib...-Books-Blu-ray

March 26, 2019.

EDIT: Will this release date stick?

November 15, 2016 -> December 13, 2016 -> October 17, 2017 -> December 19, 2017 -> delayed indefinitely -> March 26, 2019
              Last edited by WTK; 01-31-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Wow! it has a release date again finally. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but hopefully it comes out this time. Guess I'll get my pre-order in again soon.
                Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

• Just in case it is real, I ordered it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wagr View Post
                    Just in case it is real, I ordered it.
                    I'll believe it when I see people reporting they received copies. >_>

Comment

• I ordered too. Hopefully it's not a BDR.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpn View Post
                        I ordered too. Hopefully it's not a BDR.
                        That's ANOTHER reason I'm waiting! I wouldn't put it past them to do BDR.

Comment

• They have said in the past that all of their Blu-ray releases will be pressed discs, so a BD-R shouldn't be one of the concerns here. The main thing with DVD releases is that they have their duplicator that they purchased themselves for in house use, and they probably want to get some use or return on investment from it.

As for me though, the sooner they can get this release out, the better they will be in my eyes. I swore off buying anything else from them until Yamibo comes out. I hope they will get Okusama ga Seitokaichou out some time soon though. Would be nice to not have to wait for 3 years for them to release it, but it's getting pretty close to that mark already.
                          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

• If there's anything to be concerned about, it's the possibility of hardsubs after what happened with Strawberry Panic's SD BD.
                            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X