X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Media Blasters Acquires Yamibo

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Got the final word from NYC/Japan and we can announce another title you folks suggested right here!! So who likes Yuri again?

We are proud to announce and no word on English Dub yet.

http://mv.avex.jp/anime_bluray_box/yamibou/

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions...God knows I am too busy at the studio to figure this stuff out at times.
    No word yet on what the official English title will be, or if it will be released on Blu-Ray (though I highly doubt it).

Re: Media Blasters Acquires Yamibou

Interesting pick-up. I'm expecting subtitle only though.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-20-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yuri witches? Not interested...

Does this show have the same character designer as Blessing of the Campanella? They kinda look similar.
      Watching: FMA: Brotherhood, Konosuba, Nanbaka, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece (Toonami), Urusei Yatsura
      Recently Finished: Coicent, DBZ, Digimon Tri - Chapter 2, One Piece Film: Gold, Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Comment

Okay, I'm actually kind of interested in this one; if Media Blasters actually releases it, then I'll buy it. It would be strange for them to link to a Blu-ray box if they have no intention of releasing it on Blu-ray, but I'd imagine WTK is right about it probably being DVD only.

Comment

Man, I remember when this show (and a few others, most licensed by MB minus Touka Gettan) was ~the thing~ back in the AOD days. Nice pickup.
          Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Finally someone has grabbed the license for this series which I take was a title that was suggested to by the fans which I do hope they try to go for an HD release. Its good to see Media Blasters go after some yuri anime and Yamibou is a good choice to get back into it.

Comment

Glad to see this finally come out ten years later. Hopefully they can see reasoning to put it out on Blu-Ray and *MAYBE* include a dub for the on-demand providers.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                Okay, I'm actually kind of interested in this one; if Media Blasters actually releases it, then I'll buy it. It would be strange for them to link to a Blu-ray box if they have no intention of releasing it on Blu-ray, but I'd imagine WTK is right about it probably being DVD only.
                The way they are laying their out their license announcements appear to tie in with solicitation plans.

- Juden Chan: June
                - Super Robot Wars (TV & OVA): July
                - Onimusha: August
                - Rio RainbowGate: September?
                - YamiBou: October?

If the pattern continues with YamiBou in October. I would have to be DVD only (likely sub only). It's too soon for Blu-ray. It was released earlier this year in late March in Japan: LINK. Besides, MB had said that many of the BDs didn't perform as well as they liked (excluding Queen's Blade).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenWaste View Post
                  Man, I remember when this show (and a few others, most licensed by MB minus Touka Gettan) was ~the thing~ back in the AOD days. Nice pickup.
                  For better or worse, that's actually the only thing I can mentally associate with this show, that it was really talked up by our community and how badly some folks wanted it to be licensed. I don't actually know anything about the show itself, though I guarantee I have posters and pencilboards of it stored somewhere since it was new and fresh during a period of time when I was buying a lot of magazines from Japan.
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                  Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                  Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I too remember back when everyone on AOD wanted this show licensed. I'm not that familiar with it though but Tomomi Mochizuki was the main writer for it so color me interested if they do a BD, though like WTK said the chances of that right now are slim.
                    DVD/BD collection
                    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                      The way they are laying their out their license announcements appear to tie in with solicitation plans.

- Juden Chan: June
                      - Super Robot Wars (TV & OVA): July
                      - Onimusha: August
                      - Rio RainbowGate: September?
                      - YamiBou: October?

If the pattern continues with YamiBou in October. I would have to be DVD only (likely sub only). It's too soon for Blu-ray. It was released earlier this year in late March in Japan: LINK. Besides, MB had said that many of the BDs didn't perform as well as they liked (excluding Queen's Blade).
                      Yeah, I'm thinking it'll start out DVD-only if that's the timetable. Maybe eventually it'll branch out to Blu-Ray if it does well.

I do remember this as one of the first anime shown in my high school's anime club. We got away with so much back then because the higher up faculty really wanted nothing to do with us.
                      Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I just might be picking this one up when it gets released. I wasn't expecting this one to be released here any time soon. As for the other things listed on that site that I also wouldn't mind getting, Kyou no Go no Ni and Ichigo 100% would be nice. I'm not going to hold my breath for them, but perhaps it gives me something to suggest to MB to license without being worried about it actually being released.
                        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

This is an interesting pickup. A yuri show from a long time ago. I didn't think that anybody would get this, but it fits MB's type of show that they have been licensing.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                          Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            I figure I missed that tidbit on Media Blasters bluray not doing as well as they hoped besides Queen's Blade but did MB ever mention if Squid Girl bluray underperformed?

Comment

It's been so long since I saw any of this, but one thing I do remember is being convinced that this would never get licensed. Wait, if this can get licensed maybe Touka Gettan isn't impossible either. Then again, there is the matter of timing. I mean this is a 2003 series. Maybe what was impossible back in 2003 isn't impossible in 2013.
                              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X