Widgets Magazine

Fate of the rest of One Piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Fate of the rest of One Piece?

Widgets Magazine
    What is the fate of the rest of the seasins of One piece? I heard that all of Case Closed will be done but what of this long lasting series?
    Sincerely: StanS
    Anigames

Re: Fate of the rest of One Piece?

I assume it will continue airing on Japanese TV like normal.

If, on the other hand, you are curious about the Funimation license of it, you want the US BD/DVD forum, not General Anime Discussions.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Comment

It's wait and see. Just wait until after the summer cons (AX, Otakon,...). One way or another we may get a answer. Until then, it's all speculation.

Comment

Thank you, I have an avid customer who is very interested in it
        Sincerely: StanS
        Anigames

Comment

While Funi has shut the door on Case Closed, One Piece is more of a wait-and-see at this point. Right now, One Piece is not a high priority for them.
          Last edited by Buckeye; 06-16-2011, 01:51 PM.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I don't see Funi not picking up the rest of the series given that the sales have been pretty good. Plus, they have a great dub going (dare I say better at times?) and the last thing we need is a company like Sentai Filmworks picking it up and jacking around with that. It is a long series, but I'm quite certain they knew the risk well before they licensed it. However, they just need to keep it coming, especially since in the last 3 weeks, I have watched 137 episodes, so I will be done by the end of the month and will need more to watch.

Oh, and I want to hear more Patrick Seitz as Franky goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              While Funi has shut the door on Case Closed, One Piece is more of a wait-and-see at this point. Right now, One Piece is not a high priority for them.
              Where do you get it's not a high priority? There is also the 10 ton elephant: Toei.

Comment

They are in negotiations for one piece season 4+ and for the movies. I think it will happen. Toei just needs to stop being so dang picky and just do the deal.

Comment

Yeah, I think it'll happen. Show your support, pick up the new season sets or buy the other sets. Not to mention Toei has a particular license or two that Funimation would love to release. Establishing a good working relationship is integral to having the death grip on said license loosened.... *cough*Sailor Moon *cough*
                  Watching: Fate/Zero, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ozuma, Sekirei

Thank you Sentai for Fate/Stay Night : UBW
                  Proud to Pre-Order Fate/Zero Box 2 on BD!!!!

Comment

Already own everything Funi has released, so I cannot show anymore support for it. Hell, I even own the Alabasta movie on both DVD and BD.

Comment

I know it's considered bad form to resurrect a thread this old, but it's exactly the topic I wanted, and I couldn't find the info elsewhere... Was there any news regarding One Piece anime during the summer convention season? I don't recall any, but I may have overlooked it...

I (finally!) got caught up on my One Piece backlog, and now want more -- only there isn't any. Even if I switched to streaming (which I would very much rather not do), it looks like they jump from Ep 205 into the 300's, going by ANN's list. Fingers crossed that Funi is able to coax Toei into giving them more One Piece (and that Funi is still interested in it....)

--John N.

Comment

No new news...FUNi is still negotiating.

EDIT: FUNimation has just Twitted this...link. Does it mean something???
                        http://owl.li/775zj Hmmmm.... There's a #Countdown clock on the @onepiecepodcast website.
                        Last edited by WTK; 10-24-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          No new news...FUNi is still negotiating.

EDIT: FUNimation has just Twitted this...link. Does it mean something???
                          http://owl.li/775zj Hmmmm.... There's a #Countdown clock on the @onepiecepodcast website.
                          It's counting down to a special Friday episode of the podcast.

But it could be 'Announcing season 4' special or 'We've got an awesome interview' special.

Comment

I noticed that in Japan, they've been releasing box sets that are just now reaching ep 206 (well, hit 206 in Aug, next batch through ep 247 in Dec, 263 in Jan). So maybe (you never know) they could have been holding Funimation off until they get box sets out, to reduce reverse importation. Pure wishful thinking on my part, of course...

Interestingly, according to CD Japan, these sets are only available through May 2013. That might be a far bound for when Funi might be more likely to get more eps...

--John N.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X