• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Uta no Prince Sama

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “Uta no Prince Sama”

HOUSTON, April 19, 2013 — Get ready to make beautiful music with Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: Uta no Prince Sama 1. This fan favorite 13 episode series is directed by Koh Yuh (Loveless, Angelic Layer) and features series composition by Tomoko Konparu (NANA, Nodame Cantabile) with character designs by Mitsue Mori, sound direction by Shoji Hata (You’re Under Arrest: Full Throttle, Okamkakushi ~ Masque of the Wolf) and music by Elements Garden (Love, Election & Chocolate, Bodacious Space Pirates).

When Haruka gets the chance to take the entrance exam for Saotome Academy for the Performing Arts, it seems as though she’s one step closer to her dream of composing songs for her favorite singer, Hayato. However, this is no gleeful high school musical experience, and Haruka’s hiding a dreadful secret that may silence her musical ambitions forever. And even if she does get into Saotome, the competition will be more brutal than going on Japan’s Top Idol! That’s because, as a writer, Haruka could be paired with any one of six radically different male singers. Will it be upbeat Otoya, serious Masato, flirtatious Ren, split-personality Natsuki, optimistic Syo, or the unapproachable Tokiya, who’s rumored to be Hayato’s brother? And just to make things more complicated and awkward, writers and singers are expressly NOT allowed to become romantically involved! Can one girl and six handsome young men learn to make beautiful music together in a strictly Platonic sense? They can if the oddball staff of Saotome, most of whom are current and former idols themselves, have anything to say about it in Uta no Prince Sama!

Uta no Prince Sama 1 will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks
    Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“UTA NO PRINCE SAMA 2”

HOUSTON, April 23, 2013 — The music is back but the song is definitely not the same in Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: Uta no Prince Sama 2. The new season of the smash hit features direction and series composition by Koh Yuh (Loveless, Angelic Layer) with character designs by Mitsue Mori and music by Elements Garden (Love, Election & Chocolate, Bodacious Space Pirates).

After the amazing high note that capped the first season, would it be fair to expect Haruka and her hunky harem of beautiful boy singers to be able to top themselves? Ah, but what if they had a little more help? Yes, believe it or not, now there are even MORE gorgeous guys ganging up for the attention of the song-mistress who’s available for even more music making now that she’s moved into the dorms. Only now StArish as some REAL competition, as the new golden throated warblers from the SENIOR MASTER COURSE make it their job to show the first six what it really takes to become a J-Pop star. And what about that mysterious seventh member of StArish? Yes, he’s back as well in his own catty fashion! But does he plan to take Haruka to fantasyland? Will the boys get kicked back to the street if they can’t stay in sync? And will Haruka stay composed and keep composing when the sophomore slump hits her writing? Find out if everyone can learn to live (and sing) in harmony as the hits keep on coming in UTA NO PRINCE SAMA 2!

Uta no Prince Sama 2 will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks
    Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Last edited by WTK; 04-23-2013, 05:16 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Uta no Prince Sama

Huh, the first one, but not the second one? I thought they would announce them both at the same time. Also interesting (since the first is non-simulcast, and they usually announce in the press release in those cases) that they don't say whether it's bilingual, sub-only, DVD, or BD.

Comment

I guess they are playing a bit safe by only announcing Season 1. I have no problem with that. I would imagine S1 will start to stream @ CR in the upcoming weeks.

Comment

Yes finally, Ive been waiting so many years for this, all my idols, precious Ittoki, Syo, Tokiya! Maybe they can throw in a cd with all the character songs.

Though I wonder how they'd dub this, sub only to keep all the songs, multiple sub thingys for lyrics and normal txt, or a dub but keeping the jpn singing, or a dub with the eng va's singing (dont know if want). Sub only bd?
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

This show is a total guilty pleasure for me. Currently watching S2 and will definitely pick up the home video release of S1 when it comes along. Haven't seen S1 since it was on NicoNico.
          What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

I have not seen any of S1, but unless it's WAY better then S2 I'll be passing.

Comment

Originally posted by TAS View Post
              I have not seen any of S1, but unless it's WAY better then S2 I'll be passing.
              With only 3 aired episodes of S2, it's hard to judge accurately, but S1 was better than S2 for me so far. S2 is over-indulging in silliness for my tastes. Also, I don't remember S1 having as many slips into chibi-form as S2 does. Would I say that S1 is WAY better than S2? I don't think I'd go that far. But I would say that S1 is better.
              Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                Yes finally, Ive been waiting so many years for this, all my idols, precious Ittoki, Syo, Tokiya! Maybe they can throw in a cd with all the character songs.
                Not likely if it goes by the current trend. This license is via Showgate. All of the other releases that has had CDs so far have come from Media Factory.
                Though I wonder how they'd dub this, sub only to keep all the songs, multiple sub thingys for lyrics and normal txt, or a dub but keeping the jpn singing, or a dub with the eng va's singing (dont know if want). Sub only bd?
                If it's sub only, it will be DVD only. Until Sentai Filmworks says something different, it will not change (as in no to sub only Blu-ray).

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post

They'd probably do what they did with Angel Beats and keep the music in Japanese. This is of course assuming the show is getting a dub.

Comment

via PR...
                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“UTA NO PRINCE SAMA 2”

HOUSTON, April 23, 2013 — The music is back but the song is definitely not the same in Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: Uta no Prince Sama 2. The new season of the smash hit features direction and series composition by Koh Yuh (Loveless, Angelic Layer) with character designs by Mitsue Mori and music by Elements Garden (Love, Election & Chocolate, Bodacious Space Pirates).

After the amazing high note that capped the first season, would it be fair to expect Haruka and her hunky harem of beautiful boy singers to be able to top themselves? Ah, but what if they had a little more help? Yes, believe it or not, now there are even MORE gorgeous guys ganging up for the attention of the song-mistress who’s available for even more music making now that she’s moved into the dorms. Only now StArish as some REAL competition, as the new golden throated warblers from the SENIOR MASTER COURSE make it their job to show the first six what it really takes to become a J-Pop star. And what about that mysterious seventh member of StArish? Yes, he’s back as well in his own catty fashion! But does he plan to take Haruka to fantasyland? Will the boys get kicked back to the street if they can’t stay in sync? And will Haruka stay composed and keep composing when the sophomore slump hits her writing? Find out if everyone can learn to live (and sing) in harmony as the hits keep on coming in UTA NO PRINCE SAMA 2!

Uta no Prince Sama 2 will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks

Comment

Perhaps inevitable, given the timing of the license for the first season and the current airing of this second season?

Also, it seems like we have another PR that's suffering from copy-paste errors, since "a home video release... later this year" is extremely unlikely given that the Japanese home media release won't finish until December.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Uta no Prince Sama (Seasons 1 & 2)

Excellent pick up, was so afraid it wouldnt be licensed (s2).
                        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                          Also, it seems like we have another PR that's suffering from copy-paste errors, since "a home video release... later this year" is extremely unlikely given that the Japanese home media release won't finish until December.
                          I'm not so sure it's all "copy-paste errors". Sentai has given unrealistic time frames in their PR's for many of their simulcast licenses for a while now, for whatever reason. They can be accurate sometimes, but usually it's for a license they've acquired later (after the Japanese airing and home video release has wrapped).

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                            I'm not so sure it's all "copy-paste errors". Sentai has given unrealistic time frames in their PR's for many of their simulcast licenses for a while now, for whatever reason. They can be accurate sometimes, but usually it's for a license they've acquired later (after the Japanese airing and home video release has wrapped).
                            Maybe yes, maybe no. I just think it's a matter of them being stuck on "later this year" for a while in that particular line in their default PR template, when it's past time to have changed it to "sometime next year" because of the seasons we've moved through and how far out the corresponding Japanese home media releases are for those shows.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Uta no Prince Sama (Seasons 1 & 2)

via Anime Weekend Atlanta

Uta no Prince Sama 1000% - DVD & BD Subtitled only

https://www.facebook.com/notes/senta...14405321919916
                              Uta no Prince Sama 1000% on Blu-ray and DVD
                              • Japanese w/English Subtitles
                              • Available January 7, 2014
                              Last edited by WTK; 09-28-2013, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X